Mobile Processing Lab Help

8 hours ago, bewing said:

The glomming process will be easier if you can do it as a rover.

I don't know about that. A landed rover can be too massive to allow docking rings and claws to line up well enough get a grip even when they are already in contact with the target. A flying craft (if small) is more likely to be able to wobble enough to allow things to line up. Though, as I said, the piloting can be tricky. Just my feeling, anyway. 

I've made several rovers with an advanced grabbing unit at the front. Not too hard to grab another ship, especially if the ship your grabbing has vertical cylindrical parts or the flat end of a horizontal cylindrical part. Build a replica of your science processing unit on kerbin to test grabbing unit placement on your rover before sending the rover to the mun. Personally, I find it easier to drive a rover to a landed ship than to land a flying ship on top of a landed ship. With a rover, your landing can be miles off and you just drive the rover to your science lab. As long as your not on the otherside of a cliff...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.