RIP Neil Armstrong

Master

It's a terribly depressing fact, that the last moon landing was in 1972. That's 40 years ago. Since then noone has set food on another world again.

Neil Armstrong was the first person to get to know, what it feels like to be up there and I'm sure he would have loved to see many more persons follow his first steps. I'm also sure Navy is right: Neil Armstrong did not only say goodbye today, he also said: "Now it's your turn, guys."

A last goodbye to someone who will forever be remembered, as the first person to set foot on another world.

Thank you and rest in peace, Neil Armstrong.

He lived for a long time as well, promoting mun landings and space exploration right up till his death.

It came as a surprise for me because he seemed so fresh and up to the task as he's always been.

Truly an amazing man with amazing dedication.

There are only a handful of names that survive more than a couple hundred years. Fewer still that last millennia. People will know the name Neil Armstrong probably forever. My parents were younger than I am now when man first step foot on another world. Neil Armstrong was one of the first people I ever even heard about that was famous. Growing up, I heard about where my parents were that day. About them watching those images. I wasn't around to see it, but I'll tell my kids about it, and they'll tell my grandkids. And on and on...

People aren't going to remember Curiosity in a ten thousand years or even a hundred. They will remember Neil Armstrong.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.