Crashing at SOI change

What did the error log say?

I'm not good at reading game logs but it looks like it was trying to add terrain textures related to GPP and maybe ran out of memory and crashed....

I'm not sure if GPP is installed correctly or not...I think I saw some weird stuff relating to it, but like I said I'm not the best person to ask really....

On 8/22/2018 at 12:05 AM, Trem Fantasma said:

I am crashing at SOI change from kerbin to the mun.

What's crashing? The game or your ship? If it is the ship, try to timewarp through the SOI change (as a workaround). If the game crashes, I'm pretty sure you run out of memory because...

[LOG 14:56:30.669] [SCANsat] Loading Kopernicus On Demand PQSMod For Mun

[...]
[WRN 14:57:06.245] Cannot find preset 'GPP_Default' for pqs 'Mun'
[LOG 14:57:06.534] PQSCache: Increased PQ Cache by 256 to 9472
[LOG 14:57:06.584] PQSCache: Increased PQ Cache by 256 to 9728
[...]

...your PQS cache increases to infinity. I'm not quiet sure which mod actually is the reason for this.

1) Can be kopernicus, having issues to load the presets
2) Can be GPP or GPP_Secondary missing a file
3) Can be SCANSat requesting a wrong file

Bascially, you have two possibilities:

1) reinstall these 3 mods and try again

2) remove the mods one at a time to find out which one creates the issue, than write a report for the mod creator and post it in the mod release thread because this doesn't look like an issue anyone else can fix.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

6 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

What's crashing? The game or your ship? If it is the ship, try to timewarp through the SOI change (as a workaround). If the game crashes, I'm pretty sure you run out of memory because...

...your PQS cache increases to infinity. I'm not quiet sure which mod actually is the reason for this.

2) remove the mods one at a time to find out which one creates the issue, than write a report for the mod creator and post it in the mod release thread because this doesn't look like an issue anyone else can fix.

Just removed all 3 mods and still crashing at Mun SOI change

It seems its wanting to use something from GPP

[WRN 17:06:45.263] Cannot find preset 'GPP_Default' for pqs 'Mun'

23 minutes ago, Trem Fantasma said:

Just removed all 3 mods and still crashing at Mun SOI change

It seems its wanting to use something from GPP

[WRN 17:06:45.263] Cannot find preset 'GPP_Default' for pqs 'Mun'

Well, there shouldn't be any GPP entries after deleting the mods...
Pinging @Galileo for this one, its definitly something I cannot find a explanation/solution for.

In regards to your first issue of your game crashing with a SOI change from kerbin to moon, I have never actually seen or experienced this issue, but I may know why.

try deleting your settings.cfg from your ksp directory. This is a little inconvenient but it will help me narrow it down. You will have to reset all of your settings again.

Also, delete the GPP_TerrainDetailPreset.cfg from the GPP/configs folder. Then try the SOI change again.

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

In regards to your first issue of your game crashing with a SOI change from kerbin to moon, I have never actually seen or experienced this issue, but I may know why.

try deleting your settings.cfg from your ksp directory. This is a little inconvenient but it will help me narrow it down. You will have to reset all of your settings again.

Will try

Also, delete the GPP_TerrainDetailPreset.cfg from the GPP/configs folder. Then try the SOI change again.

I deleted everything GPP so cant be that

7 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I saw that bit at the end there with the textures increasing to infinity with GPP.....that's why I figured something was off....I don't fully understand logs though, so it's good you are getting better assistance....

Cheescake said to try uninstalling and reinstalling them...I don't know that completely uninstalling them and not replacing them is good to do in an already in progress game....

Also probably dependancies are important too like modular flight integrator. I don’t really know exactly what it does, but I know Kopernicus requires it. Not sure what it does if Kopernicus is uninstalled though....

The planet pack mods seem to be tricky in general because they change the entire planetary structure of the game universe....as such they have to be utilized at the beginning of a clean install so that everything spawns in the proper places....

Likewise uninstalling them in the middle of a save game could probably be equally disruptive, as now none of the planets are where the vessels and bases and whatnot thought they were last time you played....so that is probably equally bad to do....

I see Galileo is replying as I'm writing currently....

So I'm going to go see what he said.....good luck...

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

So it works now. i had to something to do with GPP_Default in the settings.cfg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.