What's the funnies/stupidest contract you've received?

Athen

On 8/26/2018 at 5:28 PM, cubinator said:

"Plant a flag on the Mun!"

*nothing remotely related to any body I didn't literally just get back from exploring on my own because the contract system has no inclination to believe I'd ever want to explore further than where I've already been.*

I've read of players before setting up a little Mun base solely for the purpose of planting a flag on the Mun when the KSC decided it needed another flag on the Mun.  After the 10th flag-planting, I'd want to do a fly-by to see how it looked from above...as well as see how it affected framerate.  See? KSP testing even infects real life!

I don't mind most of the silly ones myself, as you never know when it might actually be a legit test. You should honestly see what the Underwriter's Laboratories (The UL you see on electronics and the like) do to a product to put it through its paces to certify it, and I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for data from the ISS on what something that was brought up there experienced.

On 9/22/2018 at 6:37 PM, FinalFan said:

"We've detected some ore inside a black hole's event horizon"

Truly, kerbal science is incomprehensibly advanced! 

... I wonder if the ludicrously long duration is because it's taking time dilation into account? 

Even that's very generous when you take Cooper's time away into account.  I think the ore might turn out to be bookshelves.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.