Micro-challenges for all! (Continuation of Newbie Central.)

Great job @sturmhauke! Now, it's time for:

My Entry!

Spoiler

I decided to target the Dessert Airfield from MH...

kLppiAm.png

The creativley named "Missile" lifts-off.

This is a cluster warhead, so after the main engines fuel was expended, I seperated the cluster warheads and followed one down, using its engine to change its trajectory.

QfGWO7B.png

Bn0eyM8.jpg

Z15RG1A.jpg

KAfOJjv.jpg

hihxaYp.jpg

U8UFRap.png

I hope this is good enough prescion to get me a badge, I think that if I had actually focused on the other wwarheads, one of them would have hit something, and if they were nukes... while, the Dessert airfield would get baked. It's up to you though @Lucast0909! I had fun, and don't care if I get a badge or not.

7 hours ago, Kerbalstar said:

Great job @sturmhauke! Now, it's time for:

My Entry!

Hide contents

I decided to target the Dessert Airfield from MH...

kLppiAm.png

The creativley named "Missile" lifts-off.

This is a cluster warhead, so after the main engines fuel was expended, I seperated the cluster warheads and followed one down, using its engine to change its trajectory.

QfGWO7B.png

Bn0eyM8.jpg

Z15RG1A.jpg

KAfOJjv.jpg

hihxaYp.jpg

U8UFRap.png

I hope this is good enough prescion to get me a badge, I think that if I had actually focused on the other wwarheads, one of them would have hit something, and if they were nukes... while, the Dessert airfield would get baked. It's up to you though @Lucast0909! I had fun, and don't care if I get a badge or not.

Wait, theres a desert airfield? (oh yeah 1.4 and up I forgot).

Also I obviously don't pull any strings here, but from seeing the rules, I don't see why you couldn't get a badge.

Just now, UnfortuneLess said:

Wait, theres a desert airfield? (oh yeah 1.4 and up I forgot).

Also I obviously don't pull any strings here, but from seeing the rules, I don't see why you couldn't get a badge.

I didn't hit a building, just the general area. I don't know if that level of precision is good enough or if I need more.

2 minutes ago, Kerbalstar said:

I didn't hit a building, just the general area. I don't know if that level of precision is good enough or if I need more.

Oh I see. Well then It's the admin's choice if you get it or not. And besides, you said it yourself, you had fun while planting fear into any Kerbal unlucky to be close to the airfield :)

Edited by UnfortuneLess

2 minutes ago, UnfortuneLess said:

Oh I see. Well then It's the admin's choice if you get it or not. And besides, you said it yourself, you had fun while planting fear into any Kerbal unlucky to be close to the airfield :)

Exactly.

52 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Since I haven't played in about a year, I might pop back on to KSP and do a few of these to get kickstarted back into the game. 

Gopher it! Also, you are everywhere! Talk about omnipresent! ;) 

Following in the spirit of last week's challenge, I'm proud to present the next challenge:

Artillery Firing!

While some people like ICBMs, some like...

A6Qi1YN.png

Cannons!

Your challenge, should you choose to do it, is to: Build a cannon and hit something with it.

Some rules (They are omnipresent!):

1. Your cannon must at least look a bit like a cannon (i..e, 2 big main wheels, barrel.).
  2. Your projectile must separate from the main craft, leaving the main craft intact.
  3. You must actually hit something. It need not be what you were you aiming it, in the example above, I tried to hit the VAB, but I ended up hitting the launchpad instead. The ground does not count as "something"
  4. If you want to, try to shoot down a plane or rocket or something... Extra pints if you do!
  5. Have fun!

1 hour ago, Barzon Kerman said:

Might wanna correct that :) 

59 minutes ago, hoioh said:

Why? I wants my pints!

46 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Pint 'o what?

Whatever you want, of course!

30 minutes ago, UnfortuneLess said:

Pints are my favorite vegetable.

A vegetable?

Will the KSP would love to provide pints for its winners, they are regretfully informed that is not possible. :)

20 hours ago, Kerbalstar said:

Extra pints if you do!

I realize we just did Punkin Chunkin, but is it really time for Oktoberfest too? Or did somebody get hard cider for Christmas?

Hi! 

I just added Challenges 9-12 to the Challenge Index, for those who are interested. I really need to get better at updating that thing. Does anybody actually use it?

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that something big is coming down the pipeline, and to remind everyone that there's still time to enter this challenge until Thursday!

Have fun all,

Kerbalstar

The challenge is now closed!

The badges will be up shortly, and so will the next challenge!

I also have an announcement to make! Starting now all previous and future challenges are open! This means that you can submit an entry to any challenge! The team and I have made this decision due to the low volume of entries (0) in the past 2 challenges. Start entering people! There are some more rules, however. You need to say which challenge you are applying for in your challenge entry. This also means that you can enter the challenge that I just closed! Have fun!

50 minutes ago, Kerbalstar said:

Starting now all previous and future challenges are open! This means that you can submit an entry to any challenge!

I think that's a great idea. I have limited time, and also I'm not as good at speedbuilding as some other people around here. I suspect the one week time limit had a lot to do with the end of the Reddit challenges too.

7 minutes ago, sturmhauke said:

I think that's a great idea. I have limited time, and also I'm not as good at speedbuilding as some other people around here. I suspect the one week time limit had a lot to do with the end of the Reddit challenges too.

I'm glad you like it! And no, nothing related to Reddit, not on my part, at least. @Alpha 360?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.