help my laptop

martyns1234

52 minutes ago, Wrench Head said:

https:/ /www. ccleaner. com/

I find the built-in Disk Defragmenter to be handy. From my experience, that software isn't the best one to exist.

Though, the best one to figure out "is anything wrong ?" is by :

- Checking Task Manager for suspicious programs or services

- Open up the back to clean up as much dust as you could.

Other than that, we'd need to know the laptop specifically, and even then I'm not sure if any of us would know for sure.

If your using a Beta copy of Win 10 I have noted that many Apps. are running in the background and are not needed at all. As @YNMsaid open up the The task manager and see what running and if more than one instance is running.

If thats a pain then maybe give Game Booster a try.

It will kill off lots of back ground crap.

Company s like google love to preload ads and crap.

crap_zpscm3ty4jm.png

Edited by Wrench Head

Have you tried rebooting it? :sticktongue:

On 8/22/2018 at 3:10 AM, martyns1234 said:

my cpu locked at 0.49ghz(2 cores 2.00ghz base speed)

This sounds like a much bigger problem than just extra background applications. Look at the BIOS settings and see if the clock is at the level it should be. Don't poke around too much; there are a lot of settings in there that can and will break your computer if you set them inappropriately. If the clock is set really low, set it back to stock and see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, you'll probably want to find someone who can physically access your computer to troubleshoot.

Also, you should back your files up. Not only is this just good practice, but this issue may be symptomatic of deeper problems in your computer, especially if it's getting old.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.