[1.4.x] Real Solar System Remastered By XxLedvin25xX [Ago 19 2018]

XxLedvin25xX

Hello! For all visitors of this post, I'm not earning money or reward for this mod, it's just a help to the community, saying that you can continue with the post, greetings!

Real Solar System REMASTERED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Original Mod Made By NathanKell.

Link To Orginal Mod "Real Solar System"

License: CC-BY-NC-SA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod adds the real solar system to its kerbal space program, where its orbits, sizes, actual textures, real antenna sites and most real launch sites are added.

Download the Real Solar System (REMASTERED) Here from Spacedock or Here from CurseForge

Link removed for update of original creator

Download the textures repository of the original author mod Here (choose your resolution)

IT IS COMPLETELY COMPATIBLE WITH RSSVE-LITE

Highly Recommended:

Real Scale Boosters

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

RSSDateTime

RemoteTech

KSCSwitcher

DistantObject

DEPENDENCE!

- Kopernicus

- ModuleManager

Hello This is a remastering of the Original Real Solar System Mod (Only Available in 1.2 and 1.3) Made by NathanKell.

=========================================================================================

Installation:

1- Download Kopernicus and ModuleManager for your game version.

2- Download The "[1.4.x] Real Solar System (REMASTERED)"

2- Drop all the contents in the folder of your KSP "Gamedata" 

3-  Download textures for Real Solar System from the original author

4- Enjoy!

=========================================================================================

License CC-BY-NC-SA

Original Mod By NathanKell

Remastered By XxLedvin25xX

Titan With Saturn Background.

C9idwSM.png

Enceladus With Jupiter Background.

RTpiGsn.png

Our Planet, the earth.

a4T8z4H.png

And Moon.

rrpzSk8.png

Total In Game Images.

SlYTiAP.png

l8XxQJX.png

9l8zz9s.png

Changelog
V1.4
-Fixed terrain textures and add all functions of original RSS
V1.3
- The Installation Simplified
V1.2
- Launch sites and resources have been added
V1.1
- Fixed Venus textures
V1.0
- Remastered To KSP 1.4.2

Edited by XxLedvin25xX

9 hours ago, XxLedvin25xX said:

Hello! I tried to remaster or update it for 1.4.x here I leave the post that I tried to publish but because of problems I could not put it individually!

Real Solar System (REMASTERED)

The Original Mod Made By NathanKell.

Link To Orginal Mod "Real Solar System"

License: CC-BY-NC-SA

This mod adds the real solar system to its kerbal space program, where its orbits, sizes, actual textures, real antenna sites and most real launch sites are added.

Download the Real Solar System (REMASTERED) Here

Download the textures repository of the original author mod Here (choose your resolution)

Highly Recommended:

Real Scale Boosters

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

RSSDateTime

RemoteTech(For Remote Tech connection antennas you just need to install it!)

DEPENDENCE!

- CommunityResourcePack

- Kopernicus

- KSCSwitcher

Installation:

(Warning Follow The Steps As Mentioned Because Something Could Not Work!!)

1- Download Kopernicus for your game version

2- Download KSC Switcher (The Latest Version)

3- Download CommunityResourcePack for you game version

4- Download The "[1.4.2] V1.2 Real Solar System "

5- Download textures for Real Solar System from the original author

6- Drop and replace all the content of Real Solar System in your "Gamedata" folder

7- Enjoy!

Titan With Saturn Background.

C9idwSM.png

Enceladus With Jupiter Background.

RTpiGsn.png

Our Planet, the earth.

a4T8z4H.png

And Moon.

rrpzSk8.png

Total In Game Images.

SlYTiAP.png

l8XxQJX.png

9l8zz9s.png

Changelog
V1.2
- Launch sites and resources have been added
V1.1
- Fixed Venus textures
V1.0
- Remastered To KSP 1.4.X

soo? is RO 1.4 compatible?

and can i use this in 1.4.3?

( i am sorry if i am nagging)

also whats happening with RSSVE?

Edited by Abpilot

5 minutes ago, Abpilot said:

soo? is RO 1.4 compatible?

and can i use this in 1.4.3?

( i am sorry if i am nagging)

also whats happening with RSSVE?

If you can use it as long as you follow all the steps,And as for RSSVE, I have no idea, I do not work on it, I have only been in charge of remastering or updating RSS

Edited by XxLedvin25xX

Hi and welcome to the forums @XxLedvin25xX thanks for your efforts to update RSS to the current KSP. I have been missing it in my recent games.

Regarding installation, can I ask why this mod overwrites the Kopernicus/config/System.cfg? Why not alter the configs with a Module Manager patch?

I'm always a bit wary of changing files directly, because I will probably forget that this file needs to be over written next time Kopernicus gets an update.

Edited by Nightside
published too soon.

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

Hi and welcome to the forums @XxLedvin25xX thanks for your efforts to update RSS to the current KSP. I have been missing it in my recent games.

Regarding installation, can I ask why this mod overwrites the Kopernicus/config/System.cfg? Why not alter the configs with a Module Manager patch?

I'm always a bit wary of changing files directly, because I will probably forget that this file needs to be over written next time Kopernicus gets an update.

Hello @Nightside and thanks!

Going back to the subject I've been thinking about it that when Kopernicus is updated, we have to rewrite the file, I've already tried to do it in other ways but when I mentioned a modification for for Kerbin I get an error and I've tried everything but I'm still trying if someone knows how to do it would be a great help!

Replacing System.cfg is an absolute no-no and makes uninstalling your mod nearly impossible, or really hard at last. The users would have to reinstall Kopernicus completely, which might be difficult (especially when you are using CKAN).

Thats why every planet pack that exists uses ModuleManager to modify the system. It's changes are not persistent and can be mixed with other packs or modifications.

Also, RSS should already be compatible with the 1.4.* builds of Kopernicus, since the config layout didn't change since 1.3.1-7 (the version that is linked in the OP).

So it might be easier to just submit your patches back to the RSS upstream instead of releasing your own fork.

22 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

So, you hijacked the mod and posted it in the original mod-maker's topic?

If you want to see it that way, but what I did was to use the original model and adapt it to a new version try to keep everything from the original mod but there are things that can not be maintained, thank you for your opinion!

@XxLedvin25xX I am sure your work is appreciated, but did you check back with the guys who started this topic/mod revival before you posted your modifications? If not, it might be seen as bad etiquette to hijack a mods thread like this.

Be advised to check back with the original re-creators of the mod before you add your own fork into their thread.

No offence, just a friendly heads-up. All modding efforts are welcome here, I am sure, but there are certain unwritten rules that we need to learn and follow.

cheers

Daf

7 hours ago, Dafni said:

@XxLedvin25xX I am sure your work is appreciated, but did you check back with the guys who started this topic/mod revival before you posted your modifications? If not, it might be seen as bad etiquette to hijack a mods thread like this.

Be advised to check back with the original re-creators of the mod before you add your own fork into their thread.

No offence, just a friendly heads-up. All modding efforts are welcome here, I am sure, but there are certain unwritten rules that we need to learn and follow.

cheers

Daf

Hi! I just try to help the community making small modifications that make it work in 1.4 but if someone feels offended or see how bad I report and I will remove the mod, greetings!

4 hours ago, XxLedvin25xX said:

Hi! I just try to help the community making small modifications that make it work in 1.4 but if someone feels offended or see how bad I report and I will remove the mod, greetings!

You should never, ever replace a file in another mod. If you can't get module manager to change it for you then ask for help because that's the right way to do it. By replacing the file, you make it impossible for anyone to do anything beyond creating a total new install if they need  to update, or any other changes, etc

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You should never, ever replace a file in another mod. If you can't get module manager to change it for you then ask for help because that's the right way to do it. By replacing the file, you make it impossible for anyone to do anything beyond creating a total new install if they need  to update, or any other changes, etc

thanks but I have already solved that problem, greetings!

@XxLedvin25xX Since RSS is currently unofficially compatible with the KSP 1.4 branch, is there any reason for providing a version of it that breaks more things than it fixes? Did you test RSS under KSP 1.4 before uploading your version?

You also removed the RSS assembly, required for some basic background tasks. Any reason why did not do a proper recompile?

Edited by Phineas Freak

Hello.

Thank you for removing the inappropriately-distributed Kopernicus from the download. I see you have chosen CC-BY-NC-SA as your license, this must be included in the download per forum rules.

This thread has been split off from the RSS thread by request.

1 hour ago, DuoDex said:

Hello.

Thank you for removing the inappropriately-distributed Kopernicus from the download. I see you have chosen CC-BY-NC-SA as your license, this must be included in the download per forum rules.

This thread has been split off from the RSS thread by request.

hello in a few moments I will add the license in forum rules, and because type of request has been separated if I could know, thanks!

On 8/22/2018 at 4:33 PM, XxLedvin25xX said:

Hello, this post was linked to [1.3.1] Real Solar System v13.1 [26 Apr 2018] but for some reason it was separated as an individual post, but I want to know the reason.

Split off by request of the RSS people - they thought it was confusing to have your post/remaster in the same thread as theirs.

42 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

I still find it odd you are hijacking an active mod and calling it your own, with the original title and all. Kind of disrespectful and tasteless IMHO.

This mod is active for versions prior to 1.4 I'm not calling it mine, I'm not making money for it, I just want to help, even keep the original license, all this is help to the community, but take it as you want, you have every right to express your opinion, Greetings!

Edited by XxLedvin25xX

52 minutes ago, Kablob said:

lQiTkLb.png

The name I did not put it, all I did was put it in capital style and add [1.4.x] to the start

My question is because everyone bothers to criticize when someone is trying to help and I do not speak only about this post I talk about others that I have seen, if they see something they do not like to refrain from speaking, although I accept all opinions whether they are good or bad, Regards!

Edited by XxLedvin25xX

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.