Real Life "Kerbalisms"

Lisias

2 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

In hindsight, the skycrane is a pretty Kerbal thing that actually works.

But Kerbal things (almost) always works. Work as fire. Fire works. :sticktongue:

14 hours ago, DDE said:

What made me really laugh loud (to the point my son started to look me weirdly with the phone at hands - there's a madhouse near where I live! :sticktongue:) is that this jet is a French Jaguar, not an American F-16!!! :D 

(British humour are terrible! They are the best!)

1 minute ago, Lisias said:

What made me really laugh loud (to the point my son started to look me weirdly with the phone at hands - there's a madhouse near where I live! :sticktongue:) is that this jet is a French Jaguar, not an American F-16!!! :D 

(British humour are terrible! They are the best!)

Unexpected continuation of Soviet space program googled from some  DIY for children.
517551609.jpg

Soyuz rocket and VA of TKS on top.

Spoiler

And just an offtopic video googled together. How to make a space.

Edited by kerbiloid

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Unexpected continuation of Soviet space program googled from some  DIY for children.
517551609.jpg

All I see is an Orel/Federatsya with a Dragon trunk.

24 minutes ago, DDE said:

All I see is an Orel/Federatsya with a Dragon trunk.

Don't you see the conical RCS on top?

PTKNP/Oryol/Federatsiya does have it attached to the side of the throat.

Spoiler

PPTS-03.jpg

(Of course, if ergonomic tests hadn't moved it to another place, like under the kitchen table.)

But anyway it couldn't be conical.

Edited by kerbiloid

This one happened near where I live - another remarkably kerbalish take off!! :)

This 737-800 used virtually all the runway to take-off, and made some headlines around here.

In the end, it was revealed that the Pilot Flying the 737-800 was new on this aircraft (it was his second take-off, if memory serves me well) and was afraid of doing a tailstrike on take off, so he was a bit more cautious on rotating than usual.

No regulations or safeties were broken - it was an unusual take off, not an unsafe one (what makes it a bit less kerbalish)

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/08/23/russian-man-swims-to-japan-to-apply-for-asylum-reports-a74867

Japanese official rebut Russian claims that a Russian vagabond has made his way from Kunashir to Hokkaido to claim asylum by swimming 24 km.

What, does Japan have some sort of special visa for individuals with the "BadS" trait that they want to avoid granting? :sticktongue:

Spoiler

To be clear, there's absolutely nothing to justify a political asylum request. His lifestyle had previously got him deported from Japan in 2011.

If you go down the link to his 2019 profile, he states he deliberately claimed his hectare so that he'd be provided a security pass for the Kurils. That's downright premeditation.

He just wants to go to Australia.

Obviously a BadS.

Edited by DDE