Real Life "Kerbalisms"

Lisias

6 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

Now I say Yamato is an nice design for an battleship but I think its an stupid design  for an spaceship, had been smarter to spread out the guns more, say 6 turrets with two guns each on top an bottom, it give an 12 gun broadside if you rotate the ship along the axis of trust and 8 straight forward and back

Ah, but this is something I can explain! I'm a big fan of the anime, watched both versions (the original and the remake), as well the live-action (not bad, to tell you the true).

Earth was being devastated by an alien force, people managed to stay alive by hiding underground and the seas were vanishing exposing the seabed where Yamato was laying. So the Earth forces, desperate for a new long range spaceship to fulfil a interstellar mission that could save the day, choose to use Yamato as it was accessible, it was a solid block of metal already available and the aliens would never believe someone would build a spaceship from a God-knowns-how-many-centuries-old wreckage.

And it could also sail as ship on Earth and Alien oceans, what rendered some very nice naval battles on the series. :D 

Oukey, lame God in the Machine plot - but it worked for the anime! :)

Myasishchev's M-60 and M-70 project from 1955..57 wer similar and supersonic.

https://testpilot-ru.translate.goog/russia/myasishchev/m/70/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ru

Spoiler

m70.jpg?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_

M-60 was also atomic.

https://testpilot-ru.translate.goog/russia/myasishchev/m/60/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ru

Spoiler

m60-1v_3.jpg

m60-3_3.jpg

(Derived from M-50)

Spoiler

Edited by kerbiloid

Take an Airliner (of that era) and fly it as it was an barnstormer!

The whole vídeo is a source of inspiration for KSP flying! :sticktongue: (how I wish we had weather on KSP now - some stunts need winds!)

(Someone needs to do a KSP video like this!)

Edited by Lisias
Hate autocompletes

Israeli Sherman Eyal observation tank

3252550_original.jpg

osp7ezsf1ws81.jpg?width=625&format=pjpg&

Spoiler

Take another good look at the M113

Spoiler

Turns out that's a standard IDF sign for a 5th Company

tanki-izrail-768x463.jpg

Edited by DDE

A protective (and absolutely non critical) piece of the Boeing Starliner fell from the capsule while transportation. 

Really not serious. But it looked so terribly Kerbal... :sticktongue:

On 5/6/2022 at 12:27 AM, Lisias said:

Really not serious

Then I'm gonna have to reverse the mood.

Man picks mushrooms, stir-fries them, gets hospitalized after eating a small portion. After a gastric lavage, he checks himself out, complaining that he wasn't going to let the rest of those mushrooms go to waste.

They weren't able to help him the second time.

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/153729

In total, during 2000, the Voronezh oblast recorded over 60 fatalities related to mushrooms, mostly death caps.

20 hours ago, DDE said:

Then I'm gonna have to reverse the mood.

Man picks mushrooms, stir-fries them, gets hospitalized after eating a small portion. After a gastric lavage, he checks himself out, complaining that he wasn't going to let the rest of those mushrooms go to waste.

They weren't able to help him the second time.

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/153729

In total, during 2000, the Voronezh oblast recorded over 60 fatalities related to mushrooms, mostly death caps.

A perfect candidate for the Darwin Award.

I didn't know Object 279 has been sent off to a full renovation.

The usual moniker of "doomsday tank" is bound to excite your neighborhood tabloid.

French howitzer Caesar.

Spoiler

Watch attentionally its reloading sequence.

Do they use Infernal Robotics or Breaking Ground to make that?

Archer is not so mechanically interesting, but purely Kerbal in sense of crew of one and inventory usage.

Spoiler