[1.12.x] KSP Resonant Orbit Calculator

linuxgurugamer

New release, 0.0.5

• Moved images out of pluginData folder, for performance (toolbar now uses the unBlur mod)
  • Moved PlanetSelector class into it's own file
  • Added code to check for Kopernicus, and if it does, writes a temporary cfg to disable the on-demand code in Kopernicuus at the next boot to initialize the thumbnails
  • Added entry to settings page to force generation of thumbnails at next boot, only available when Kopernicus is installed
  • Removed unnecessary "using" lines
  • Updated AssemblyVersion.tt for location-independent builds
15 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@CoriW @linuxgurugamer this should be on the OP

I guess you missed it, this has been on the OP since you first suggested it, under a title called Important Kopernicus Note

This update removes the need for that, and makes it merely a matter of restarting the game and the mod will take care of it automatically

Okay so here's what I found when I updated to the latest version.

Upon the initial automatic creation of the cache using JNSQ I was faced with this..

c9628a34a30598b19a9323da58ba92c2.png

Evidently the images aren't correct here, most resembling moho for some reason, and even the Kerbin image isn't correct as JNSQ Kerbin looks different than stock. So I decided "What if I just delete the cache folder and try again?" which resulted in this.

dd8ab0f673d7b50f2e541c6f4755b148.png

As you can see, the Kerbin image is now correct but nothing else was generated.

EDIT: Alright so I tried reinstalling Resonant Orbit Calculator and I had the same results as the first time, but I also noticed that the texture of Kerbin itself in the main menu was that of stock Kerbin, so as an experiment I loaded up a new sandbox game and found that all of the textures being generated ... ARE ACTUALLY WHAT THE PLANETS LOOK LIKE IN THE TRACKING STATION! Very strange.. It did also appear that when in the space center scene I still had JNSQ Kerbin and the physical characteristics of the planets were correct, but the scaled space textures were stock. Also oddly in the tracking station, Mun was completely black.

EDIT: Here's the log from that last attempt https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl59w93a46kq9lk/output_log_ROC.txt?dl=1

EDIT: Alright so I finally broke down and created a fresh install with minimal dependencies for Resonant Orbit Calculator as well as JNSQ .. And Resonant Orbit Calculator seems to have thrown an exception and failed to even prompt me to restart the game to create the cache.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvm5pedlfq7svja/output_log_ROC2.txt?dl=1

EDIT: Back over to my main game, I reinstalled Resonant Orbit Calculator again, and the first time I loaded up the game the scaled space planets were correct and I was correctly prompted to restart the game, which I did. Upon restarting, the cache was generated (with the same stock results as the first image above) and the scaled space textures of the planets were incorrectly the stock ones. Then I restarted my game again and the planets were back to the correct JNSQ textures.

Something interesting I've noticed is that it appears that during the startup where Resonant Orbit Calculator generates it's cache, the planets are using the scaled space textures of the TEMPLATE PLANET that was used in the creation of the actual planet. In JNSQ, many of the rocky bodies used Moho as a template, thus is the reason why in the first image above, many of the cache images resemble Moho. That being said, the reason for Eeloo, Nara, Riga, and Tylo being white is still a mystery to me.

@linuxgurugamer  just tagging you so you'll be notified of all of my edits. Might be useful info in there somewhere.

Edited by CoriW

Minor update to fix a segfault:

• Moved thumbnail generation from the main menu to the space center scene
  • Added check for Kopernicus already generated

Please note that there are still issues with generating images using Kopernicus for KSP 1.7.1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'm getting an exception, but it's been so long since I've even looked at a logfile, I'm not sure what's going on. 

I do have the pre-reqs, and have no issues with other mods of yours.

Any clue what's going on in my logfile?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24nehlgyp2rzytg/KSP.log?dl=0

Update to the latest versions of the ToolbarController, ClickThroughBlocker and UnBlur

59 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Update to the latest versions of the ToolbarController, ClickThroughBlocker and UnBlur

Gotcha. Didn't realize those were updated as often. Unblur was up to date. Why are some of your mods on Spacedock and some aren't? I think that's where I got screwed up, the one that was github only, I think I grabbed the wrong version originally.

Thanks for the help!

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Gotcha. Didn't realize those were updated as often. Unblur was up to date. Why are some of your mods on Spacedock and some aren't? I think that's where I got screwed up, the one that was github only, I think I grabbed the wrong version originally.

Thanks for the help!

I have over 180 mods, and frankly strongly recommend using CKAN to install any/all of my mods, which keeps things straight.

I'm also in the middle of 1.7.2 updates

24 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have over 180 mods, and frankly strongly recommend using CKAN to install any/all of my mods, which keeps things straight.

I'm also in the middle of 1.7.2 updates

I'll give that a try, I'm super old school with KSP,  just started playing again for the first time since 1.3.1 (bought it back before the deadline so I get all the DLC for free!)

Back then the cool kids didn't use CKAN

Thanks again for the help, I do appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...

KSP 1.7.1, ROC 0.0.5.1, GPP/GEP planet pack.

I'm having a problem understanding how to use this mod properly.  I have a carrier craft, with 3 commsats, in 250km orbit of Iota.  I open ROC, select Iota, enter a 4h orbital period (which happens to be with 3 mins of the current, actual period), select Dive Orbit, then click on the Create Maneuver Node at Ap button.  ROC creates the MN and the KAC alarm.  The new orbit looks fine at 250x85km.

I click on Add alarms to KAC and it creates 3 "Detachment #x" alarms.  The description on these alarms suggest that they are the times when a satellite needs to be released and immediately circularized.  That makes sense.  However, when I determine where in the dive orbit these alarms expire, they don't make any sense.  What I'm expecting is the alarm to occur at Ap (~250km).  However, the first alarm occurs within a few minutes of the carrier orbit's Pe - not what I was expecting because that would create a constellation at 85km not 250km.

What am I missing here?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having problems with tooltips from this mod. They are preventing me from clicking on the options in the window. Problem affects all tooltips in the window and occurs with both default and alternate skin. Disabling tooltips doesn't work because they keep showing, but without text:

?inFXm.png

Versions:

KSP 1.9.1.2788 from Steam on Linux
ROC 0.0.6.1 from CKAN
CTB 0.1.9.5 from CKAN

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/2/2019 at 10:14 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@linuxgurugamer
just a heads-up; UnBlur is not listed in OP as dependency.  Is this a specific thing intuited from @Eleven's log and applicable to his situation only, or is it a new dependency?

For posterity:
UnBlur is not a dependency.  Good description of 'What, Why, & When' is on UnBlur Thread.

Edited by Shaggygoblin
Reason for edit: to edit

• 1 month later...