Rover keeps exploding when I'm closer than 200m

Near my Minmus base, I have a Malemute rover equipped with a Klaw attached to a Resouce Lode. I left my base doing something else, then landed near it again.

Now, if I switch to the rover, or if going on EVA with a kerbal and coming closer than 200 m, the rover explodes.

In order to find out what's going on, I focused on my base and zoomed out until I could see the rover close up. It's lying on it's side, the rescorce lode seems gone (I guess it's already consumed) and it seems the Klaw is facing the wrong way. How can I fix that?

I suspect you could edit the save to retract/disengage/completely remove the Klaw if the problem is indeed related to it being "attached" to something that no longer exists, but I'm afraid I have no knowledge as to how you'd actually achieve that...

Fortunately, I had another savegame to compare it with. The resource lode was NOT consumed, but the rover somehow changed position. The klaw still pointed to the direction of the lode, but that was BEHIND the rover, so it apparently grappled itself. No idea how that happened, anyway I just copied the vessel from the old savegame to the current one. It fixed my problem, and, knock on wood, it apparently didn't mess up other things.

13 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Fortunately, I had another savegame to compare it with. The resource lode was NOT consumed, but the rover somehow changed position. The klaw still pointed to the direction of the lode, but that was BEHIND the rover, so it apparently grappled itself. No idea how that happened, anyway I just copied the vessel from the old savegame to the current one. It fixed my problem, and, knock on wood, it apparently didn't mess up other things.

Well that's good....Hopefully it will stay that way now....

But really who knows, right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.