[Workaround found] Making a <LIST> Persistent

Does anyone have an example of how to make a <LIST> persistent?  I've tried this but it's not working.  I'm not real sure how the collectionIndex (or any of the other settings: i.e. name =, pass = ) works and haven't found a good example.  This is a PartModule if that makes any difference.

[Persistent(collectionIndex = "MyList")]
public List<MyList> MyStuffList = new List<MyList>();

public override void OnStart(StartState state)
		{
		if (MyStuffList.Count == 0)  //assuming this is a newly created vessel without a list
  			{
  				... populate the list.
			}
		}

Thanks.

Edited by Fengist

Yeah, I think if you're going to make the list persistent across _loads_, it has to be saved in a cfg file (or some other file type). Otherwise if it's just across scenes and reloads, you might be able to do something with a holder class that is active in all scenes, which should make it persistent in that sense. 

@Fengist ConfigNode is your best option .... I tried doing a list in the part module for the HoloCache system I'm working on in OrX (GeoCache/enemy vessel spawning) and I found that in the end it's less hair pulling than trying to get the part module to carry the info

Take a look at the BDAc GPS system, it will have what you need (BDATargetManager etc....)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

27 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@Fengist ConfigNode is your best option .... I tried doing a list in the part module for the HoloCache system I'm working on in OrX (GeoCache/enemy vessel spawning) and I found that in the end it's less hair pulling than trying to get the part module to carry the info

Take a look at the BDAc GPS system, it will have what you need (BDATargetManager etc....)

Yep, I got it saving and loading values using ConfigNode with the OnSave/OnLoad events.  But, that ended up bringing yet another problem to light, which I'm starting yet another thread for... thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.