What do you think about this gif i found on internet? I think it's funny :-)?

Pawelk198604

On 8/28/2018 at 11:44 AM, NSEP said:

An internet classic.

What is up with the dogs ears though?

Some breeds routine have their ears and tails "bobbed." Originally it was supposed to be for their own health, but that never made sense to me and it's going out of fashion anyway. 

23 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Some breeds routine have their ears and tails "bobbed." Originally it was supposed to be for their own health, but that never made sense to me and it's going out of fashion anyway. 

I believe that originally ears were cropped and tails bobbed on dogs that were expected to fight. Later it becam an appearance thing. 

OTOH, a powerful dog’s tail can do a lot of damage. We always have to watch our drinks on the coffee table when our mountain lab comes wagging around.

On the gripping hand, the dog in the OP may simply have its ears splinted, to ‘train’ them to stay straight instead of flopping over, another appearance-related reason for cropping. Maybe. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 8:44 PM, NSEP said:

An internet classic.

What is up with the dogs ears though?

Cosmetic mutilation of an animal. Illegal in civilized countries.

Removing pieces of animal bodies for human aesthetic pleasure is a disgusting practice that also has an impact on dog's wellbeing. Dogs use tails and ears as visual signals to other members of their species (wagging, pointing, lowering, ...) so it's a common thing for them not to be able to express their feelings properly. That causes other dogs to feel uneasy around them. In the end, that frustrates the dog and makes it prone to aggression.

Any cosmetic removal of animal's body part (or human's body part if there is no consent!) is a barbaric act.

If you live in a country where it's illegal, and you see a young dog butchered like this, you can pretty much assume its owner is a douchebag because they went around the law (no decent veterinarian will do it) to harm an animal. You can also assume there's a high chance of the animal being antisocial and potentially dangerous.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.