Trouble with second copy of KSP

I downloaded KSP from steam and I have heavily modded the game. I would like to have another copy of the game to play an unmodded version. I read that all I had to do was copy the KSP folder and paste it somewhere else and it should work. I'm not sure that is right though because when I try to run the game from the exe file or the launcher I just get a black screen. Just before it goes black I see I split second of what looks like the yellow load bar on the bottom of the screen, but like I said it only lasts for a split second. I put the copy on the same HD, just in a different folder. I do not try and run both at the same time. Not sure if that is right either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ignore the launcher and just double click the ksp64 exe?? Works for me. The rest of the procedure you described sounds correct, dont see anything wrong.

edit: the .exe you wanna click is called KSP_x64

Edited by Dafni

22 hours ago, TheAngryHulk said:

I downloaded KSP from steam and I have heavily modded the game. I would like to have another copy of the game to play an unmodded version. I read that all I had to do was copy the KSP folder and paste it somewhere else and it should work. I'm not sure that is right though because when I try to run the game from the exe file or the launcher I just get a black screen. Just before it goes black I see I split second of what looks like the yellow load bar on the bottom of the screen, but like I said it only lasts for a split second. I put the copy on the same HD, just in a different folder. I do not try and run both at the same time. Not sure if that is right either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is apparently correct with one caveat....

You can't launch it from the program files folder.

If using Windows try moving it to C:\Games

Oh and obviously if you are using a desktop shortcut to the .exe file....you'll have to delete it and make a new one....or edit the target path so it knows where the game was moved to...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.