Sturdy wings.

Hello guys.

So was watching this guys video on how to make an SSTO to Minmus 

And I really liked the design of the wing and tried to make them by my self, But every time I build the and put my aircraft on the runway the wings start to band and brake when I try to take off

I even tried to build them like 1:1 as he did and they still banding and braking.

Also, I downloaded the module that he was using ,the wings didn't bend but when I tied to re build them they started to band

Note: he wasn't using any strut connectors or anything to make the wings sturdy. 

So what am I dong wrong??

Autostrut! The saver of many creations. 

Autostrut is a system that requires you to enable "advanced tweakables" in the settings and it allows parts to be phantom connected to a common part as well as it's "parent" part it is physically connected to. This allows things to be very rigid without the need of physical struts and it is in  the stock game.

9 minutes ago, Not Sure said:

Autostrut! The saver of many creations. 

Autostrut is a system that requires you to enable "advanced tweakables" in the settings and it allows parts to be phantom connected to a common part as well as it's "parent" part it is physically connected to. This allows things to be very rigid without the need of physical struts and it is in  the stock game.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

A vessel of that scale may still be possible with autostruts, but I guess the real answer is "Kerbal Joint Reinforcement". It hasn't officially been released for KSP1.4 yet, but there are unoffical "works for me" versions available.

Those engine nacelles might actually be attached to the fuselage/each other, and then offset into position, rather than being attached to the wings. It looks the same in the end if you set it up right, but attaching to the fuselage is typically sturdier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.