[WIP]Duna Direct -1.10.x

bcink

9 minutes ago, tonimark said:

@bcinkstill got the same problem

@bcinki think I finally solve the problem

Curious.... I have to believe it's an incompatibility with at least one of the installed mods. The compatibility list for this one isn't that large.

If you can revert to using only the mods on the compatible list I'm pretty certain the issue will not be present. It might be tough to pinpoint which of these is causing the issue.

7 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Good work. A little thing: the ladder looks very small.

Thanks :D  Kerbals are vastly larger than most things in their physical world - If we go vs Kerbal size, the airlock door would take up a third of the hab, lol.

Edited by bcink

looks realy nice, a lot better than the one i made using a ton of mods. if you need any help with it just let me know. :cool:

also i think that the "sand bags" are actualy supplies of some sort for the crew eather for exterrnal or internal use. and i think that it should have rcs thrusters for the hull used for tethered rotation and for landing adgustments.

Edited by dvdwilliams88
forgot to add some info.

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2019 at 8:56 PM, dvdwilliams88 said:

looks realy nice, a lot better than the one i made using a ton of mods. if you need any help with it just let me know. :cool:

also i think that the "sand bags" are actualy supplies of some sort for the crew 

Thanks!!! My understanding is that they are filled with Martian sand for radiation protection.

11 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@bcink that HAB looks awesome great compliment to the existing parts cant wait to use it 

Thanks!!

I got involved in an extravagant new PC build. A few more weeks are needed to finish it and I'll be back on this full time.

O.K. I honestly did not know that about the sand bags. Im glad that you told me. I realy enjoy your mods and am looking forward to this addition. I am also working on building a new computer system. I will be custom panting the case in the next few days.

• 5 months later...

Hey, just found this mod. It's great as an all-in-one vehicle, but the mod detection for TAC Life Support doesn't seem to be working anymore which unfortunately makes it really impractical for a mission to Duna.  I don't know if this mod is still active, it doesn't look like there's been an update for a while but I hope it gets some more support. Any chance of that @bcink?

1 hour ago, Aziraphale said:

Hey, just found this mod. It's great as an all-in-one vehicle, but the mod detection for TAC Life Support doesn't seem to be working anymore which unfortunately makes it really impractical for a mission to Duna.  I don't know if this mod is still active, it doesn't look like there's been an update for a while but I hope it gets some more support. Any chance of that @bcink?

As long as all the numbers are the same, this should do it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tis50y8m2jf34ux/MD-TACLS.cfg?dl=0

(Replace with .cfg in the patches folder)

Looks like the name was changed internally from ThunderAerospace to TacLifeSupport for ModuleManager purposes. 

Not sure of an ETA on any official updates at the moment.

Let me know if that's no good.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I finally got around to trying this out in my career game to complement other bits I've already deployed (Kerbalow based gateway station, DSSHU base on GPP's Niven with an MAH Artemis Lander).  Unfortunately it doesn't like a 2.5x scale system - insufficient dV despite the unexpectedly high thrust, high ISP engines it has fitted as standard.  It looks super cool though.  If you're working on it again, would you consider doing a balance pass on engines, fuel and mass ratios?

On 11/13/2019 at 6:58 AM, Friznit said:

Hey, thanks! I'm willing to change anything to appeal to the players. Not exactly certain what I should do here though - can you advise any specifics or what you would prefer the end result to be from the engines / fuel? More or less of x / y / z? Thanks again

On 11/15/2019 at 1:14 AM, bcink said:

Hey, thanks! I'm willing to change anything to appeal to the players. Not exactly certain what I should do here though - can you advise any specifics or what you would prefer the end result to be from the engines / fuel? More or less of x / y / z? Thanks again

WIP stuff is looking great!  I poked a few of the experts to see if they could help shed some light on the dark arts of balancing parts.  I think there's a spreadsheet knocking around somewhere that people have used to balance volume/mass/fuel/isp ratios in a stockalike manner.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:52 AM, Gordon Dry said:

Please consider adding proper Kerbalism configs - or pushing them to Kerbalism itself as patch.

I can investigate when I get closer to finishing. What would differentiate proper from improper Kerbalism configs?

I remember testing this before getting so far along with it... and I remember everything sized up OK, but when I went and tried to connect the hab to the existing heatshield, it appears after months of inactivity, it didn't fit...

ZEmNIUD.png

So I fixed this in the form of a Heatshield - V2. I guess this more aligns with the heatshield in the original inspiration video anyways.

g1hJydv.png

On 11/29/2019 at 8:01 PM, dvdwilliams88 said:

Are you going to have the small rover for the rtg on this one?

Probably not, as much as I would really like to have one in there... :(  It's becoming more of an issue of free time at this point to not pursue it as of now.
I think I'm close to being finished with all the texture work though.... Interior is also complete:

75neh4X.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.