[WIP]Duna Direct -1.10.x

bcink

16 hours ago, KiltedKerbal said:

Still looking for Victims  Testers? 

Link provided :)

Probably good with testers for this.

Thanks to the folks who are testing / have tested. Some good feedback and tweaks have been resolved. A few more to resolve and then I can work towards mod compatibility and completion.

Update:

Huge shoutout to the testers for continuing to help improve this before release. 14 adjustments currently made and a few more to wrap up - improved rover bay attachment nodes, various lights, improved colliders in several areas, improved suspension a bit, flag decal, various config fixes and adjustments, exhaust fixes, VAB symmetry, IVA portrait cams proper, engine mount plate on stage 2. Thanks to @dvdwilliams88 there is a Community Resource Pack with which you can bring lqdHydrogen and convert carbon dioxide back into fuel. 

A slew of other mod compatibility patches are good to go.

Getting close.

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

@bcink

Do you have plans for more parts like Habs and rovers?

mars-direct.jpg

Habs were previously mentioned as a "Not at present" thing. SXT was the recommended hab for use on that front atm.

Rovers... well, there's plenty of packs out there. I'm kinda partial to the PackRat rover for a mission like this myself, but I haven't used it in a long time.

Yeah, probably a no go for habs and rovers. J Edward Starr was my grandfather. Implemented a few science experiments to stage 2 and tweaked some more various values; electricity, max heat, etc. A few more tests needed.

9 hours ago, bcink said:

Yeah, probably a no go for habs and rovers. J Edward Starr was my grandfather. Implemented a few science experiments to stage 2 and tweaked some more various values; electricity, max heat, etc. A few more tests needed.

Great way to honor your grandfather 

On 11/1/2018 at 6:10 AM, davidy12 said:

Great way to honor your grandfather 

Thank you :D

22 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

I love it

Thank you!!

9 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

my my my that's a wonderful sheet, 

Thank you!!!

I had to keep tweaking a few things... the parachute was wonky.. and there isn't enough time in a day. As soon as I can figure out how to get the game's drag to slow down a speeding bullet on reentry it will be released. 

15 hours ago, bcink said:

Thank you :D

Thank you!!

Thank you!!!

I had to keep tweaking a few things... the parachute was wonky.. and there isn't enough time in a day. As soon as I can figure out how to get the game's drag to slow down a speeding bullet on reentry it will be released. 

Perhaps take a look at a few of the drag cube threads around here or possibly the code for the inline ballutes mod. I know those parts are fantastic for aerobraking maneuvers

48 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

Perhaps take a look at a few of the drag cube threads around here or possibly the code for the inline ballutes mod.

All issues have been resolved and just going through a few final tests flights to make sure nothing looks out of place. Animated the engine gimbals and a few other tweaks, mostly drag cube related and Realchute compatibility fixing.

Edited by bcink

Found a bug/incompatibility. I don't have time today to do a fresh install and work out the exact issue (have to head into work pretty soon), however it's specifically an error in the VAB editor when you spawn the 1st stage in, and you have Nertea's Cryogenic Engines mod and/or reDIRECT (both with case a fatal error). The fatal error dialog that pops up is with B9PartSwitcher, and apparently something is causing both an LF/O AND LH2/O tank to simultaneously be present in the part. Again, will update tomorrow when I have a chance to do a clean install and narrow down the cause, but wanted to make sure I said something.

2 hours ago, Swordmaster said:

Found a bug/incompatibility.

Hello thank you for trying out the mod. Per the OP, I've added compatibility for 10 mods but B9 didn't make that list (whether B9 or another mod is causing the issue). I had to limit myself and draw the line somewhere. This has actually been reported 3 times now however, so whenever an update is released I'll make sure to see about getting B9 compatibility working. On that note, it would be cool to know if it's actually B9 or another causing the problem, but unless something is terribly broken with the mod please don't expect an update too soon. Would like to give my brain a bit of rest. Thank you again.

It has some issue with the lqd hydrogen so there could be an issue related to the Community Resource Pack and B9. Just a guess for now.

Update: SSPX and its included B9 don't seem to be causing any problems. Added Community Resource Pack into the mix and everything went bad.

kBHA6XZ.jpg

Edited by bcink

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.