[WIP]Duna Direct -1.10.x

bcink

4 hours ago, icanhazurhp said:

When building the entire set of parts as intended, when I move to the launch pad, the Baker Stage "falls" off the Heatshield without any input from me.  I've taken everything apart, and reassembled it, and the same thing happens again. I can't think of any mods that I have installed that would cause such a problem.

Screenshot please?

Make the built-in RTG have decay when NearFutureElectrical is also installed:

GameData\MarsDirect\Patches\MD-NearFutureElectrical.cfg

@PART[MD-Stage2]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]
{
	!MODULE[ModuleGenerator] {} 
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator
		BasePower = 0.05
		HalfLife = 8.35
		EasyMode = true
	} 
}

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

The motion detector is a feature of CrewLight.

It looks like it should already work with the light but opening the cone doesn't look like away to do that as it don't let you pick a animation name :(

Edited by Mecripp

Didn't turn out  like I wanted it but had to try 

NsrZnCq.png

@bcink Maybe change the toggle name so people might not have such a hard time setting a action group ? 

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
		animationName = Deploy
		startEventGUIName = Open
		endEventGUIName = Close
		actionGUIName = Toggle NoseCone
		allowDeployLimit = true
		revClampDirection = false
		revClampSpeed = true	
		revClampPercent = true
		instantAnimInEditor = false

}

Edited by Mecripp

12 hours ago, bcink said:

Screenshot please?

I think it's another B9 Part Switch issue... just noticed that I have it installed, but I don't really use it. Sadly, I have one ship that's using a switched fuel supply in orbit of Minmus right now, and I REALLY like the Station Parts Expansion, so I'm keeping it.

22 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Make the built-in RTG have decay when NearFutureElectrical is also installed:

Cool, thanks!

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, Gordon Dry said:

How about adding the distance automation thing some docking ports have for the lights?
So if another docking port comes into range, the nosecone opens itself?

Will have to investigate this.

22 hours ago, Mecripp said:

Didn't turn out  like I wanted it but had to try 

Hahaha nice!

22 hours ago, Mecripp said:

@bcink Maybe change the toggle name so people might not have such a hard time setting a action group ? 

I can do that.

19 hours ago, icanhazurhp said:

I think it's another B9 Part Switch issue..

I'll try and get B9PS compatibility squared away in the next update.

KRV Re-texture:

ooKUZny.png

18 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

So the sand is shipped? It's cheaper than using some robotics to use Mars sand I guess :cool:

I believe they fill it with Martian sand post-arrival. No real way to animate it better I don't think.

9 hours ago, tater said:

^^ Nice.

I had always thought that a similar animation (with appropriate color options in the right-click) could be used to make buried habs (basically little hills with airlocks sticking out, and maybe a skylight).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Bcink and friends!

First of all, let me say I just downloaded and am playing with Duna Direct; this is just the COOLEST add-on I've ever seen! Absolutely awesome work!

It was fun figuring out how to build it and I've conducted several orbital flights around Kerbin and to the Mun and (once I realized you had to open the nose-cone for the parachutes to work) have only had a couple of problems, which I will relate here. :) Both are likely due to my own personal incompetence, of course. ;)

First of all - this has happened a couple of times, but it's easily fixed simply by checking while on the launch pad and restarting. The 'bug' - if it is in fact one - has the vertical position of the Return Vehicle set 90 degrees around the roll axis: that is, when the windows are 'up' relative to Kerbin (as in an airplane), the Nav-ball reads as being at 90 degrees. Select '0' in MechJeb and she rolls to the side. GREAT view; but not so hot for re-entry. As I said it's solved with a simple restart while on the pad; I just thought it was curious enough to mention.

Second - I'm dense but how on EARTH (or rather Kerbin)  do you mount the stairs? I select the Elysium Space Stairs (LOVE your names! ) and the attachment point appears on the hull - but they don't line up in any way. I've spent forever wiggling them around in the VAB and can get something close, but it's either something with my system or I could possibly suggest seeing ifthere's something up with their attachment points?

Sorry about this - I absolutely love this ship and have been having so much fun with it - these were the only questionable points I saw.

Thanks so much for such a great add-on!

Cheers!

EDIT:

Err - This is what's known in the business as a "Colossal Facepalm". 

I just fixed the stairs - the attachment point I was trying to attach to didn't have anything to do with the stairs. DOH! I rotated the Baker by 90 degrees and it worked fine. Took a bit of tweaking but big deal. SORRY!

(Why do I ALWAYS figure these things out JUST after making a post asking about it? Gah!)

Edited by NorthernDevo
I'm an idiot. Which is why I relate so well to Kerbals. ;)

19 minutes ago, NorthernDevo said:

Hello, Bcink and friends!

Thanks so much for such a great add-on!

Cheers!

Thank you very much for the kind remarks!

Vehicle rotation bug has been noted - I believe this is a Unity glitch - but my model is rotated 90 off an empty transform so I will resolve this in the next update.

Please see below video for Elysium Space Stairs placement:

7 minutes ago, bcink said:

Thank you very much for the kind remarks!

Vehicle rotation bug has been noted - I believe this is a Unity glitch - but my model is rotated 90 off an empty transform so I will resolve this in the next update.

Please see below video for Elysium Space Stairs placement:

Wow - talk about customer service! lol - that was quick; your message blooped just as I was looking around for something to stick to that attachment point. :D 

OK - problem solved; thank you! Turns out (as you no doubt guessed) that was the correct attachment point - I was looking back in the forum and found an earlier photo that placed the ladder straight down the 1 Direct decal and assumed I'd been wrong the first time (Page 3 of this forum). I moved the camera to the side as you did; the ladder attached, though it was still several feet in the air - a simple adjustment downward brought it right into line so thank you!

• 1 month later...

@bcinkBUG!!! the stage1, while start separated (broken joints) from the whole vessel, include the heat shield and when reverting to launch all the whole vessel including the heatshield disappears here are some images including a log: my vessel at vab

BnrhlCq.jpg my vessel at first lunch as you can see the vessel without the heatshield separated falls UaePfFP.jpgand after reverting to launch as you can the all the whole vessel including the heat shield dissapears

1uYiLCm.jpgand lastly the log file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz1tkrhqox357ct/KSP.log?dl=0

41 minutes ago, tonimark said:

@bcinkBUG!!! the stage1, while start separated (broken joints) from the whole vessel, include the heat shield and when reverting to launch all the whole vessel including the heatshield disappears here are some images including a log: my vessel at vab

You need a decoupler below the heatshield. The heatshield only decouples on the top. There is no decoupler on the bottom.

11 minutes ago, tonimark said:

@bcink what? what decouper ?  you mean one specific part of any stock one ? 

Sorry, I can't quite tell from the staging exactly what's happening there. It looked like there is no decoupler between the top fuel tank and the heatshield, but I'm not sure about the parts being used their either.

Does this still happen with your setup when you use a stock decoupler beneath the heatshield?

@bcinkjust tried a stock decoupler placed between heat shield vessel and a decoupler between the stage and the vessel right now. still got the same problem

@bcinki think I finally solve the problem all I need to do is to disable heat shield staging in the editor but there is another bug that engine is activated on the decoupler

DsyD6jn.png 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.