[WIP]Duna Direct -1.10.x

bcink

3 hours ago, Selphadur said:

Wanted to say thanks for this great mod!

Only problem I have is that engines have no sound at all when firing! 

Using KSP 1.9.1. Also Restock and Restock+ with Kerbalism and bunch of other mods.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

This is the development topic for Duna Direct.  The release topic where you should report issues is here.

I'm not the mod author, but I'll try to help here.

The minimum you need to do when you have issues and want help is in the troubleshooting post at the link in my signature.  That page also describes how to find the log file you need to upload to a file sharing site, then share the link in the post on the mod's topic.  This provides the whole log file, which is necessary and full of details that can help when tracking down issues.  You should also test out the minimum series of steps to reproduce the problem and add them in the report in your post.  For various problems, you'll also have to add in other details and upload other files when that's appropriate to the issue.  In this case, you need to say which engines, as the mod has more than one.  Providing a .craft file of an example spacecraft with the issue would help too.

The failure of sound could be caused by an issue with just Duna Direct itself, as the latest release was for KSP 1.8.1 and no one so far has report that it functions correctly under KSP 1.9.1.  If it does, then it could be a mod installation error or an interaction between some of the mods.  Which is why you have to provide the log file, which lists all the mods in your install, their versions, warnings and errors, as well as so much more.

Edited by Jacke

14 minutes ago, Selphadur said:

Thank you for the information!
I will report issue via your provided mod link with log file attached. 

The link contains troubleshooting guidance; you don't report issues there.  You still need to post more details in a Duna Direct topic.

Just now, Jacke said:

The link contains troubleshooting guidance; you don't report issues there.  You still need to post more details in a Duna Direct topic.

Yes, I understand this.

I will post on Duna Direct topic with issue I encountered.

• 2 months later...

No problem getting the heatshields to load by manually inputting drag numbers into their configs. 

I've recompiled all the parts on the latest and greatest and I'll need to go through all the rounds of testing next. Like, why does it say the hatch is obstructed all of a sudden :/

Small things but the stage 2 engines' normal map was not created properly and wasn't working it seems - fixed, they are sharp now.

The small agency logo also was apparently not loading and throwing an error. Fixed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.