Kerbals can't be controlled once I put them on EVA

So I  built a small Mun base, landed it, and decided to send out a Kerbal to take a surface sample and plant a flag. But the second I press EVA, and they go on the ladder or hatch, they cannot be controlled at all. I can activate and deactivate SAS, but not RCS (for the jetpack fuel), I have no Grab, Let Go, and Board options, or anything at all. So I have a Kerbal who is just standing there holding on to a ladder, who seems to be frozen in place or something. Any suggestions to fix this issue (aside from terminating the base, killing everybody?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have this problem since they updated the game. I made a post about it like 3 or 4 months ago. On guy even made a report at the bug tracker page. We haven had any response yet, and out bug is set in low priority. I haven’t been able to enjoy the game since then. Is imposible to progress in carrer or cience mode. I wish they answered our cuestion, and fix the problem ASAP. I still keeping my expectations about the developer team. I wnat to get my two crews out of Minmus, so i can finally go to Duna. 

One day bro, one day, this will be all over.

I also have encountered many other bugs after the sexond patch.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I also run into this on PS4 KSP enhanced edition.

I landed a large lander can on the mun. I can send one of the two kerbals in the can on EVA, if it's the scientist he can even reset the Science Jr and mystery goo unit on the roof of the lander can but I don't get any let go / board actions and he's not moving. RCS can' tbe activated either. 

I have several other vessels in space with kerbals on board different types of capsules and cans, some of them have been on EVAs from those vessels before. They all seem to get stuck in the same way now when I send them on EVA. I've tried: radial menu > crew > EVA, clicking on the EVA button on the kerbals face on the bottom right in cursor mode, opening the "crew hatch" popup and select EVA there. Doesn't seem to make a difference how I do it.

Edited by zwoiri

I also tried exiting KSP and reloading from a safe before the kerbal went on EVA to no avail.

I tried to knock the kerbal loose with some some jumps of the lander with itentionally hard landings. However the kerbal is still stuck, but shifted about one kerbal body length away from the nearest part of the craft.

Edited by zwoiri

On 11/22/2018 at 11:25 PM, BAQ said:

Having this problem too on xbox one s - it's a game killer for career mode. I need science, but I can't send my guys out for an EVA to collect it. It's extremely frustrating.

You could use rovers and probes in the mean time.

21 hours ago, zwoiri said:

I also run into this on PS4 KSP enhanced edition.

I landed a large lander can on the mun. I can send one of the two kerbals in the can on EVA, if it's the scientist he can even reset the Science Jr and mystery goo unit on the roof of the lander can but I don't get any let go / board actions and he's not moving. RCS can' tbe activated either. 

I have several other vessels in space with kerbals on board different types of capsules and cans, some of them have been on EVAs from those vessels before. They all seem to get stuck in the same way now when I send them on EVA. I've tried: radial menu > crew > EVA, clicking on the EVA button on the kerbals face on the bottom right in cursor mode, opening the "crew hatch" popup and select EVA there. Doesn't seem to make a difference how I do it.

21 hours ago, zwoiri said:

I also tried exiting KSP and reloading from a safe before the kerbal went on EVA to no avail.

I tried to knock the kerbal loose with some some jumps of the lander with itentionally hard landings. However the kerbal is still stuck, but shifted about one kerbal body length away from the nearest part of the craft.

On 10/17/2018 at 12:27 AM, Sylar Uchiha said:

I have this problem since they updated the game. I made a post about it like 3 or 4 months ago. On guy even made a report at the bug tracker page. We haven had any response yet, and out bug is set in low priority. I haven’t been able to enjoy the game since then. Is imposible to progress in carrer or cience mode. I wish they answered our cuestion, and fix the problem ASAP. I still keeping my expectations about the developer team. I wnat to get my two crews out of Minmus, so i can finally go to Duna. 

One day bro, one day, this will be all over.

I also have encountered many other bugs after the sexond patch.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:32 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

So I  built a small Mun base, landed it, and decided to send out a Kerbal to take a surface sample and plant a flag. But the second I press EVA, and they go on the ladder or hatch, they cannot be controlled at all. I can activate and deactivate SAS, but not RCS (for the jetpack fuel), I have no Grab, Let Go, and Board options, or anything at all. So I have a Kerbal who is just standing there holding on to a ladder, who seems to be frozen in place or something. Any suggestions to fix this issue (aside from terminating the base, killing everybody?)

On 9/12/2018 at 3:13 PM, Arch3rAc3 said:

This just started happening to me.

Here's the clip: http://xboxclips.com/Arch3rAc3/71aa8d07-1fde-482e-9bd2-c0de88e415c1

Screenshot of what happens when I try recovering the craft: http://xboxclips.com/Arch3rAc3/screenshots/e8ffc3a1-00fe-4816-a884-6f270e28e8c5

Based on all of this I would say that this bug can not be fixed until SQUAD/Blitworks does something. I suggest using just probes and rovers until then and Maby set up a relay network in the mean time. You can use the cheats menu to give yourself more funds but that may be boring. 

On 3/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, zwoiri said:

I kept trying various things, for a while it seemed like re-starting KSP and then keeping all solar panels and antennas retracted while leaving the lander can was circumventing the issue. Later, when I tried to work out which/how many of the antennae and panels cause the issue I found that now the Kerbals wouldn't get stuck on EVA anymore regardless. I suspect this will be e a tough one to fix in the code ...

Ok, apparently I can't quote and type, even the forums are bugged, lovely!

About the cheats menu, if you just toggle it on it will disable all achievements on the xbox. It's so frustating, while the cheats menu might be the only way to actually work around some bugs, especially when playing on hard mode, you can't use it if you hope to unlock the achievements.

Edited by Arch3rAc3

3 hours ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

Ok, apparently I can't quote and type, even the forums are bugged, lovely!

About the cheats menu, if you just toggle it on it will disable all achievements on the xbox. It's so frustating, while the cheats menu might be the only way to actually work around some bugs, especially when playing on hard mode, you can't use it if you hope to unlock the achievements.

Go into settings and disable commnet

On 8/28/2018 at 5:32 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

idk my EVA works fine i guess i just dont have that bug

9 hours ago, sicko kerman said:

idk my EVA works fine i guess i just dont have that bug

Because you didn't try transmitting science.

Before going EVA do an experiment and click the blue transmit button, then see the magic happens when going EVA.

7 hours ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

Because you didn't try transmitting science.

Before going EVA do an experiment and click the blue transmit button, then see the magic happens when going EVA.

Yeah it even says once transmitted this module will be will be shut down and it can only be restored by a scientist

On 3/12/2019 at 5:12 PM, sicko kerman said:

Yeah it even says once transmitted this module will be will be shut down and it can only be restored by a scientist

Does this bug only happens when transmitting science from restorable modules then?

16 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

If you want help with this, I suggest you submit a report

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

It might be better for him to simply upvote the already existing upvoted-most report. Creating more and more reports may only clutter it, not to say the Devs are already aware of this issue.

What he should also do is commenting in the already existing bug report any new information.

16 hours ago, sicko kerman said:

Yes it happened to me yestarday

That does not mean it ONLY happens when you transmit science from modules that are only restorable with a scientist. For all we know so far, any science module, when transmitting science through the blue transmit button, will cause this issue! It doesn't seem to matter if it's a restorable module or not, as far as we know, that's why I asked you that.

We gotta be careful when submitting bug reports and be as detailed as possible, any tiny thing might be the cause for the bug. Saying incorrectly that something happens "ONLY if [...]" may make finding the bug only harder.

Edited by Arch3rAc3

• 2 weeks later...

I found this on reddit. 

Just found this on another post about the issue!

Email from SQUAD Support:

"Thanks for writing in! We are aware of this bug and have managed to reproduce it; we found that it gets triggered after recovering a vessel that transmitted science data while equipped with either 1 or 10 goo canisters or Science Jr modules. If you use anywhere from 2 to 9 of them, or 11+ goo canisters/Science Jr modules, it is not likely to occur. Also if you do not transmit the data, and instead "keep" the data for when the vessel is recovered, it did not occur at all.

We're still a ways away from an update for the console edition, but we are working on it. If you start a new save, and avoid these triggers, the issue should hopefully be mitigated. if it is not, however, please let us know, so we can let the QA departmentknow."

I found it or r/consoleKSP

Edited by Lein Armweek

1 hour ago, RIPPASNAPPAS said:

Still getting the bug after the most recent update. On Xbox one x

What update? Has the one with the story DLC came out already or do you mean the one before? Because if it's the latter, it's known the bug is not fixed as stated by the Devs.

1 hour ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

What update? Has the one with the story DLC came out already or do you mean the one before? Because if it's the latter, it's known the bug is not fixed as stated by the Devs.

It came out today I believe, logged in and downloaded it and got the dlc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.