[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Decalc'o'mania

Astronants

Decalc-o-mania 2.1.0

What does this mod do ?

Decalc'o'mania is a mod that let you add decals and flags to your rockets, it can be a mission flag or a totally custom logo.

Spoiler

FEATURES

There are 2 types of decals, divided into several shapes: the flags and the customs decals.
For the flags, just place it on the tank and it will take the texture of your mission's flag.
You can add your own textures to customs decals by simply adding the PNG file into the 'Textures' directory.

DEPENDENCIES
- Community Category Kit
Compatible with TweakScale.

INSTALLATION
Download the mod from Spacedock GitHub or CKAN

CHANGELOG

Spoiler

- Fixed a number of issues with caching
- Patch should now be written before ModuleManager begins to apply it
- Removed PatchSuccess popup
- Removed installation checking

- Fixed bug with the patch not being written correctly
- Known bug: due to ModuleManager running before Decalc'o'mania, you have to start the game twice to apply the changes to the textures.
- Fixed bug with the patch not being deleted at the end of the loading
- Updated InstallCheck and ModuleManager
- Modified file layout, delete the old version before updating the mod!
- Recompiled for KSP 1.8.x
- Improved en-us parts names and descriptions
- Added more sizes
- Added installation checking
- Mission flags are now separated from decals
- Added a plugin to help to add more textures
- French translation
- Added new texture
- fixed parts' drag and mass
- There is now only one version of Decalc'o'mania, no need to download a Tweakscale version of the mod.
To play with Tweakscale you can simply download the mod (download link above) and Module Manager do all the things for you !
- Added new textures
- Custom textures now have better quality
- placement bugfix for the flat decals
- Added customizable flags
- Added MiniAVC support
- Some small adjustments (like textures, file layout, etc.)

88x31.png

Mod licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License

Edited by Astronants
update 2.1.0

1 hour ago, Jesusthebird said:

Is this a continuation of the other decal sticker mod? Possibly renamed? Jus wondering. Looks interesting. Anyone know how well it works with TU? Hehe

I have similar doubts: what are the differences between this and other decals mods? Is it possible to add new decals? If so, using the GUI or only by editing cfg files?

On 8/31/2018 at 9:37 PM, Jesusthebird said:

Is this a continuation of the other decal sticker mod? Possibly renamed? Jus wondering. Looks interesting. Anyone know how well it works with TU? Hehe

No, it isn't a continuation of any other decal mods.

23 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

I have similar doubts: what are the differences between this and other decals mods? Is it possible to add new decals? If so, using the GUI or only by editing cfg files?

Yes, it is possible to add new decals: you can see here that you have 10 customizable textures already included. And by editing the config files you can add as many decals as you want.

Capture.png

Edited by Astronants

Hi HerabuSan, there's no problem with having both Decalc'o'mania (non-TweakScale) and Tweakscale, the only difference between the two versions is that the parts in the TweakScale version have the TweakScale module in their config files. But both work perfectly fine with TweakScale

I'm sorry for the late answer ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Nice mod and I'm perfectly happy with it.

I just wonder if there is way for the extreme lazy Ones, like me, making the addition of new decals easier. I have no idea of coding and scripting but would it be possible to have just one texture-config-file for the satndard decals and one for the long decals where all those parts take their information from instead of adding it to every part-config?

Just asking ;)

Anyway - great little mod!

• 1 month later...

@Jeb Jawkins, yes it's possible! And even nicer: I've been working on a big update for quite some time now that will allow to simply add the textures to a folder.

I had some problems with it but I think I'll make it, so stay tuned!

ps: I remember now that I created a config file to do it pretty much the same way as you suggested, let's see if I can find it.

And sorry for the (very) late answer, I'm not very active on the forum :D

Edited by Astronants

Yep, actually managed to find it : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Astronants/Decalc-o-Mania/master/Add more customs.cfg

just copy-paste the text in a .cfg file and follow the instructions to add your own textures.

Edit: I updated the mod, you can now just put your image (png file) in the Textures folder

Edited by Astronants
link is now dead

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/2/2020 at 9:09 PM, MacLuky said:

Quick question: how do you add custom texture. Really add them to all .cfg? or is there a smarter way?

Since Decalc'o'mania 1.2.0, you only have to add your image file (only PNG files are supported currently) in `GameData/Decalc'o'mania/Textures` and it will automatically be added as a part variant for the customizable decals.

You can also create a subfolder and add your image in it (ex: `GameData/Decalc'o'mania/Textures/MyCoolFlags/example.png`), but not inside "templates" and  "agencies" subfolders, these two are ignored by the mod.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:01 PM, Astronants said:

Since Decalc'o'mania 1.2.0, you only have to add your image file (only PNG files are supported currently) in `GameData/Decalc'o'mania/Textures` and it will automatically be added as a part variant for the customizable decals.

You can also create a subfolder and add your image in it (ex: `GameData/Decalc'o'mania/Textures/MyCoolFlags/example.png`), but not inside "templates" and  "agencies" subfolders, these two are ignored by the mod.

Like the 2 posters above me, I can't get custom decals to work.

I installed via CKAN and do not use Tweakscale. I do use many other mods. Your supplied decals in the "agencies" folder are working okay.

I put my custom PNG files into the "textures" folder, not a subfolder. In case my custom PNG was somehow incompatible, I took 2 samples from "textures/templates" unedited, copied them up 1 folder to "textures" , and renamed them to Logtemplate and Widetemplate so I had unique names to search for in the log file. The filenames appear in the log so they are being detected during startup; there are compression errors but even your supplied "agencies" decals that are working give similar errors.

My player.log https://drive.google.com/open?id=18UQyGEuKeifbwKi53fnDDC0YefyITGL-

On 2/10/2020 at 12:04 AM, KilikRhydin said:

I have placed my PNG files in the Textures folder as instructed, but they still do not show up in game.  I am using the most recent version and i am a bit too unskilled to attempt editing any files, for fear of breaking things.

21 hours ago, MacLuky said:

Same here, well the not showing part. Love to break things :-)

15 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Like the 2 posters above me, I can't get custom decals to work.

I installed via CKAN and do not use Tweakscale. I do use many other mods. Your supplied decals in the "agencies" folder are working okay.

I put my custom PNG files into the "textures" folder, not a subfolder. In case my custom PNG was somehow incompatible, I took 2 samples from "textures/templates" unedited, copied them up 1 folder to "textures" , and renamed them to Logtemplate and Widetemplate so I had unique names to search for in the log file. The filenames appear in the log so they are being detected during startup; there are compression errors but even your supplied "agencies" decals that are working give similar errors.

My player.log https://drive.google.com/open?id=18UQyGEuKeifbwKi53fnDDC0YefyITGL-

Thanks you all three for reporting this issue. I'm working on it to release a patch asap.

I've already identified the problem so hopefully it will not take too long.

Edit: I released a new update to fix this bug. But the problem is that ModuleManager now runs before Decalc'o'mania, leading to the patch being wrote after mm passed. One workaround is (as I've done for this release) to restart the game almost instantly so the patch is already there when mm is looking for configs. I'm working on some way to either write the patch before ModuleManager starts or get rid of the  dependency. But both solutions are going to take me some time if I don't want to break everything again.

Edited by Astronants
update and workaround

• 1 month later...