Astronants

[1.8.x] Decalc'o'mania

Decalc-o-mania 2.0.1 for KSP 1.8.1

What does this mod do ?

Decalc'o'mania is a mod that let you add decals and flags to your rockets, it can be a mission flag or a totally custom logo.

Kerbal_Space_Program_30_08_2018_16_31_45

Spoiler

FEATURES

There are 2 types of decals, divided into several shapes: the flags and the customs decals.
For the flags, just place it on the tank and it will take the texture of your mission's flag.
You can add your own textures to customs decals by simply adding the PNG file into the 'Textures' directory.

DEPENDENCIES
- Community Category Kit
Decalc'o'mania is compatible with TweakScale.

INSTALLATION
Download the mod from Spacedock GitHub or CKAN

CHANGELOG

Spoiler

Decalc'o'mania Changelog

- Fixed bug with the patch not being deleted at the end of the loading
- Updated InstallCheck and ModuleManager
- Modified file layout, delete the old version before updating the mod!
- Recompiled for KSP 1.8.x
- Improved en-us parts names and descriptions
- Added more sizes
- Added installation checking
- Mission flags are now separated from decals
- Added a plugin to help to add more textures
- French translation
- Added new texture
- fixed parts' drag and mass
- There is now only one version of Decalc'o'mania, no need to download a Tweakscale version of the mod.
To play with Tweakscale you can simply download the mod (download link above) and Module Manager do all the things for you !
- Added new textures
- Custom textures now have better quality
- placement bugfix for the flat decals
- Added customizable flags
- Added MiniAVC support
- Some small adjustments (like textures, file layout, etc.)

88x31.png

Mod licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

Edited by Astronants
update 2.0.1

Is this a continuation of the other decal sticker mod? Possibly renamed? Jus wondering. Looks interesting. Anyone know how well it works with TU? Hehe

Edited by Jesusthebird

1 hour ago, Jesusthebird said:

Is this a continuation of the other decal sticker mod? Possibly renamed? Jus wondering. Looks interesting. Anyone know how well it works with TU? Hehe

I have similar doubts: what are the differences between this and other decals mods? Is it possible to add new decals? If so, using the GUI or only by editing cfg files?

On 8/31/2018 at 9:37 PM, Jesusthebird said:

No, it isn't a continuation of any other decal mods.

23 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

I have similar doubts: what are the differences between this and other decals mods? Is it possible to add new decals? If so, using the GUI or only by editing cfg files?

Yes, it is possible to add new decals: you can see here that you have 10 customizable textures already included. And by editing the config files you can add as many decals as you want.

Capture.png

Edited by Astronants

What happens if the non-TweakScale version is installed alongside TweakScale? Will that cause problems? (Asking to determine how to set this up in CKAN.)

Hi HerabuSan, there's no problem with having both Decalc'o'mania (non-TweakScale) and Tweakscale, the only difference between the two versions is that the parts in the TweakScale version have the TweakScale module in their config files. But both work perfectly fine with TweakScale

I'm sorry for the late answer ^^

Ok.. so previous posts have explained this is not a re-release or copy of an existing mod.

Can anyone explaing any differences or advantages of using this mod, instead of one of the existing deal mods?

Nice mod and I'm perfectly happy with it.

I just wonder if there is way for the extreme lazy Ones, like me, making the addition of new decals easier. I have no idea of coding and scripting but would it be possible to have just one texture-config-file for the satndard decals and one for the long decals where all those parts take their information from instead of adding it to every part-config?

Just asking ;)

Anyway - great little mod!

Posted (edited)

@Jeb Jawkins, yes it's possible! And even nicer: I've been working on a big update for quite some time now that will allow to simply add the textures to a folder.

I had some problems with it but I think I'll make it, so stay tuned!

ps: I remember now that I created a config file to do it pretty much the same way as you suggested, let's see if I can find it.

And sorry for the (very) late answer, I'm not very active on the forum :D

Edited by Astronants

Posted (edited)

Yep, actually managed to find it : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Astronants/Decalc-o-Mania/master/Add more customs.cfg

just copy-paste the text in a .cfg file and follow the instructions to add your own textures.

Edit: I updated the mod, you can now just put your image (png file) in the Textures folder

Edited by Astronants
link is now dead

Decalc'o'mania v2.0.0 is live!

Changelog
- Modified file layout, delete the old version before updating the mod!
- Recompiled for KSP 1.8.x
- Improved en-us parts names and descriptions
- Added more sizes
- Added installation checking

Download it here

Decalc'o'mania v2.0.1 is live!

Changelog
- Fixed bug with the patch file not being deleted at the end of the loading
- Updated InstallCheck and ModuleManager

Download it here

Edited by Astronants

Whelp, time to start developing that ‘Ultra Gaming X RGB XXXXtreme’ booster!

Edited by Jognt