Ideas for rockets

LushChicken

I am having trouble thinking up rocket designs

this thread is about giving design to the community and help people if they are stuck (like if they can’t get to a planet.)

no real rules at this point in time but I will make some up in the near future.

You can post wacky rockets or really cool planes, SSTO, really weird missions and stuff like that. Everyone is welcome. Be nice.

If you what to tell a community if you made a mod you can post the link in the thread. 

Most importantly have fun :D

Edited by LushChicken

1 hour ago, LushChicken said:

I am having trouble thinking up rocket designs

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/21-the-spacecraft-exchange/ 464 Pages of breathtaking rocket art, but boat and airplane art also for you to be inspired with ^_^
I'm pretty sure the "what did you do in ksp today" thread can give plenty in that regard also.
Then you have youtube to see rocket designs and
https://kerbalx.com/ to actually download and fly other peoples craft.

this thread is about giving design to the community and help people if they are stuck (like if they can’t get to a planet.)

Yeah, but normally that is what the "Gameplay Questions and Tutorials" subforum is for. People in peril go there, then exclemate they need help, then they get their help, then they get happy and then go away without saying goodbye to us like they normally do. I mean, this is business as usual. One such thread to rule all gameplay questions seems a little bit disorderly.

no real rules at this point in time but I will make some up in the near future

Is this a game?

You can post wacky rockets or really cool planes, SSTO, really weird missions and stuff like that. Everyone is welcome. Be nice.

That is most of the entire forum minus the serious techy savy stuff in a nutshell.

If you what to tell a community if you made a mod you can post the link in the thread.

What I meant earlier is that this ^ plus that ^^ is the entire forum in a nutshell.
You want most of all traffic on this forum to be in a single thread?
The addon release page is a seperate subforum with over 2000 mods. Why would people post here if they made one? Everyone looking for a mod will be going there.

Most importantly have fun :D

Always!

1 minute ago, Aeroboi said:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/21-the-spacecraft-exchange/ 464 Pages of breathtaking rocket art, but boat and airplane art also for you to be inspired with ^_^
I'm pretty sure the "what did you do in ksp today" thread can give plenty in that regard also.
Then you have youtube to see rocket designs and
https://kerbalx.com/ to actually download and fly other peoples craft.

Yeah, but normally that is what the "Gameplay Questions and Tutorials" subforum is for. People in peril go there, then exclemate they need help, then they get their help, then they get happy and then go away without saying goodbye to us like they normally do. I mean, this is business as usual. One such thread to rule all gameplay questions seems a little bit disorderly.

Is this a game?

That is most of the entire forum minus the serious techy savy stuff in a nutshell.

What I meant earlier is that this ^ plus that ^^ is the entire forum in a nutshell.
You want most of all traffic on this forum to be in a single thread?
The addon release page is a seperate subforum with over 2000 mods. Why would people post here if they made one? Everyone looking for a mod will be going there.

Always!

Ok I was trying to make a thread that has all of those 

9 hours ago, LushChicken said:

Ok I was trying to make a thread that has all of those

That's what the sub forum is for, as mentioned.

But rocket design is easy.   Just build something that gets your payload into orbit.     It's the payload that counts. 

48 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

It's the payload that counts. 

Oh.  That's a good idea.  So; what needs to be done is to make some wacky mechanical contraption that counts the number of Kerbals who walk through its gates and displays a 2-digit result.  And land that on Eve to keep track of the number of Kerbals being stranded there.

Well, this thread sounds a bit like craft sharing, a bit like mission ideas, and a bit like mod showcasing. But we already have subforums for each of those. Squeezing a bit of all of them into one thread would be messy. Why not use those?