SQUAD

JoolTube: Starchaser!

tumblr_inline_peac7aZEGG1rr2wit_540.png

In episode 1, the crew infiltrates Kerbin’s shipyard. Will they return to Duna safely? #KSP
By Nucleartaxi

• Like 5

Thats was a fun watch.

Actually really cool looking series.  Always had a thing for sci-fiy things, especially space combat since pretty much everything everyone does in KSP these days is planes, boats, and fighter jets which gets boring quickly when thats all they do. 

The only thing that i think would make this even better is some actual weapon damage and not just the ship goes poof when shot enough times.  A suggestion if you want to script it (and not use actual stock/BDA weapons) is to hide decouplers or sepatrons inside the ships where you want them to pop.  The sepatron will overheat something making it explode nicely and makes it look rather authentic to being internal damage, decouplers are more predictable but not quite as cinematic.

Finally, i really love the internals you made for the ships as well as the station. 

uN0CYYL.png.png

HsxgjZP.png

I always liked making those (even if i have to limit myself as my internal work comes with the ship and makes it a little laggier then usual if i go overboard) for my larger warships (or anything thats a command vessel), as well as most of my shipyards and stations that actually support life on them in the 1st place (i have quite a few unmanned facilities, fuel depos, mining installations, ammo supply warehouses, ect).

On 9/10/2018 at 6:59 PM, panzer1b said:

Actually really cool looking series.  Always had a thing for sci-fiy things, especially space combat since pretty much everything everyone does in KSP these days is planes, boats, and fighter jets which gets boring quickly when thats all they do. 

The only thing that i think would make this even better is some actual weapon damage and not just the ship goes poof when shot enough times.  A suggestion if you want to script it (and not use actual stock/BDA weapons) is to hide decouplers or sepatrons inside the ships where you want them to pop.  The sepatron will overheat something making it explode nicely and makes it look rather authentic to being internal damage, decouplers are more predictable but not quite as cinematic.

Finally, i really love the internals you made for the ships as well as the station. 

uN0CYYL.png.png

HsxgjZP.png

I always liked making those (even if i have to limit myself as my internal work comes with the ship and makes it a little laggier then usual if i go overboard) for my larger warships (or anything thats a command vessel), as well as most of my shipyards and stations that actually support life on them in the 1st place (i have quite a few unmanned facilities, fuel depos, mining installations, ammo supply warehouses, ect).

@panzer1b I'm glad you like it so far! The lasers actually aren't BDA, I add them in post-production with video editing. Next time, I will try to add better hit effects and parts of the ship breaking off if I can. Thank you for the suggestions!

Edited by Nucleartaxi

hang on. 

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! THAT WAS SO AWESOME!

2 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

hang on. 

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! THAT WAS SO AWESOME!

I'm glad you like it! Be sure to watch episode 2 as well.