Even at max tracking, I can't see asteroid orbits

I am puzzled. How am I supposed to intercept one of these guys if I can't see where it's going?

I have a ship with, I hope, enough delta-V to do the intercept, sitting in polar orbit of Kerbin because I read that they show up on hyperbolic orbits through Kerbin's SOI. But so far I don't think I've seen any enter the SOI, either.

SO confused...

I"ve been seeing them all game, and just couldn't figure out how to see their orbits.

Also, I figured a polar orbit was more likely to be an easy intercept because they all come in from off the ecliptic. I understand orbital mechanics decently well, but it's the UI that is the problem :)

Edited by weregamer
clarification

On 9/2/2018 at 4:54 AM, Kryxal said:

If you want an easy intercept, it's probably best to wait till you have a target before you launch.  A random asteroid could approach from any direction.

I found a nice E class object that is going to intercept kerbin, and I sent out a ship with about 6k deltaV and put that ship into an orbit that intercepts the asteroid within 6k's.  According to the orbit map, intercept is in 30 days, but I noticed that the asteroid doesn't enter kerbins sphere of influence for 157 days...  I think I should have waited until the asteroid was closer before launching...

Also, in the map view, after you've scrolled out far enough to see solar orbits, and you've found an asteroid that enters Kerbin's SOI at some point in the future, if you set focus on kerbin, you will see the path of the asteroid while it is in Kerbin's SOI... just don't do what I did and set up your intercept ships orbit too soon :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.