Threads of the Month: September!

Dman979

1u4qhl1.png?1

Happy September, everyone, and welcome to the latest installment of the Threads of the Month! Since it's going to be Fall, it's important that we all remember that orbit isn't flying, it's just falling with style!

Helping the moderators choose the threads this month are @adsii1970, @Benjamin Kerman, and @klond. Thank you for bringing our attention to some excellent threads. If you'd like to nominate a thread to be a TOTM, please hit the report button in the top right, and add a comment like "TOTM."

Now, on to the show!

First up to the plate is something straight out of a Hollywood movie. KSP doesn't have animals, but @EpicSpaceTroll139 proves that life, uh, finds a way.

Remember how Bruce Willis became an astronaut? Or how the debris field was in a retrograde orbit in Gravity? Or how asteroids in the asteroid belt are touching each other? Or how... well, you get the picture. @peadar1987 has collected all of these goofs, gaffes, and dopey devices in to one thread for your enjoyment. Reader beware!

I'm pretty much stuck.
That's my considered opinion.
Stuck.

And now, with @Mikki's The Martian-inspired mission, you can be stuck, too!

Here's a fun fact: the new Canadian five dollar bill was unveiled by astronaut Chris Hadfield when he was onboard the ISS as commander. Here's another fun fact: Chris Hadfied installed the Canadarm2 on the ISS, which is featured on the back of the bill! Why do I mention this? Because @MaianTrey is building a stock ISS with a stock shuttle and a stock Canadarm! Wowee!

When I first started playing KSP, I was drawn to the cartoon Kerbals and the derpy explosions. As my playing time progressed, however, I discovered the wonder of physics, the lure of distant planets, the mesmerizing possibilities the game has to offer. But the possibilities that real life has to offer make a simple video game pale in compassion. I'm sure that many kids have been inspired by @HarvesteR's pet project, and this month I'd like to shine the spotlight on @pTrevTrevs, who posted his own inspirational story.  He's chasing his dream as an aerospace engineer.  Best wishes, and good luck!

As always, the TOTM images were made by @adsii1970. A big thank you for his help here.

That's all for this month, folks! Have a great month!

AAAHHHH! Again! I never thought this would become such an successfull mission, nearly 2000 people have allready downloaded this from STEAM...
And i am glad to see rather few rants about Bob`s severe stuckness on Dunas Acidalia Planitia...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.