Ksp keeps crashing after 1 minute on loading screen

not a mac guy... but:

Crashed Thread:        0 MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Doesn't look good.   My uneducated guess is an out of ram scenario.  But as I said, not a mac guy.

But, with the ksp.log instead of the crash log, it would be much easier to diagnose the issue:

3 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

But, with the ksp.log instead of the crash log, it would be much easier to diagnose the issue:

How do I see the ksp log? 

EDIT: found the log: 

[LOG 18:00:15.427] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AirplanePlus_23.0/GameData/AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgear/airbusgear/airbusreargear'
[ERR 18:00:15.427] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgear/airbusgear' as model does not exist

[ERR 18:00:15.427] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 18:00:15.427] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 18:00:15.427] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 18:00:15.427] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AirplanePlus_23.0/GameData/AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgear/b29gear/b29gear'
[ERR 18:00:15.428] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgear/b29gear' as model does not exist

[ERR 18:00:15.428] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 18:00:15.428] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 18:00:15.428] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 18:00:15.428] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AirplanePlus_23.0/GameData/AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgear/fightergear/fightergear'
[ERR 18:00:15.428] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgear/fightergear' as model does not exist

[ERR 18:00:15.428] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 18:00:15.428] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 18:00:15.428] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 18:00:15.428] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AirplanePlus_23.0/GameData/AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgear/herculesfrontgear/herculesfrontgear'
[ERR 18:00:15.429] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgear/herculesfrontgear' as model does not exist

[ERR 18:00:15.429] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 18:00:15.429] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 18:00:15.429] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 18:00:15.429] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AirplanePlus_23.0/GameData/AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgear/herculesgear/herculesgear'
[ERR 18:00:15.430] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'AirplanePlus/Parts/Wheel/sharedgear/herculesgear' as model does not exist

Edited by FlexT_ape

Check to make sure you are using the right version of AirplanePlus for the version of KSP you are running, and if so, redownload and reinstall it. 

If that still doesn't work, we'll need the entire log, posted just like you did on a 3rd party site for the crash log. 

Edited by Gargamel

3 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Check to make sure you are using the right version of AirplanePlus for the version of KSP you are running, and if so, redownload and reinstall it. 

If that still doesn't work, we'll need the entire log, posted just like you did on a 3rd party site for the crash log. 

yeah i realised i didnt post the entire thing. google docs is taking along time to load it in...

30 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Actually, this looks like a wrong installed mod:

Should be: KSP_install directory/GameData/AirplanePlus/...
No mod folder belongs into your KSP install directory

Oh.... good catch.  Aside from the first part, the rest looks kosher at a glance!

2 minutes ago, FlexT_ape said:

im not even gonna try im gonna  go completely stock from now on... SO MANY CRASHES!

it's an easy fix.   All mods should reside within the /gamedata folder in the KSP folder.   Nothing should be placed outside of Gamedata.   

Oooorrrrr...... you can install CKAN, and let it handle all the hard work. 

Edited by Gargamel

On 9/1/2018 at 10:26 PM, Gargamel said:

it's an easy fix.   All mods should reside within the /gamedata folder in the KSP folder.   Nothing should be placed outside of Gamedata.   

Oooorrrrr...... you can install CKAN, and let it handle all the hard work. 

The mod creator said to put it in the root folder. I thought that that was the root folder. Do you know where root folder is?

@linuxgurugamer Airplane Plus by blackheart612:

Install instructions are:
Remove old folder if there's an old installation. Copy the GameData folder into your root folder.

Which can be irritating.

@FlexT_ape Your root directory is your KSP install directory (the one which contains the KSP.exe, KSP_x64.exe etc...). If you drop a 'GameData' folder provided by a mod in this directory, you will be ask if you want to merge it with the GameData folder which is already there. Merge them and you should be fine. (Well, you have to remove the wrong installed mod otherwise nothing will change)

You need a folder structure like this:

• KSP_install_directory
    • GameData
      • ModFolder
        • ModFiles
      • Squad
      • SquadExpansion (DLC,optional)
  • [...]
  • KSP.exe
  • KSP_x64.exe
  • [...]

In this specific case (incl. bundled mods):

• KSP_install_directory
    • GameData
      • AirplanePlus
        • Agencies
        • FX
        • Parts
      • FireSpitter
        • Plugins
        • Resources
      • ModuleManager3.0.7.dll
      • Squad
      • SquadExpansion (DLC,optional)
  • [...]
  • KSP.exe
  • KSP_x64.exe
  • [...]
Edited by 4x4cheesecake

2 hours ago, FlexT_ape said:

The mod creator said to put it in the root folder. I thought that that was the root folder. Do you know where root folder is?

I know where the root folder is, and I know where to put mods.  Those are not the same thing. 

Unless the mod creator has a very specific reason for having files out side of Gamedata, and they will almost always specify what that reason is,  always follow the guide given above by @4x4cheesecake.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.