IVA crew transfer?

Geonovast

Search is either just not finding anything, or it hasn't been discussed much.  Google brought up an oldvideoIs there any mod out there (hopefully lightweight) that will allow crew transfers without leaving IVA?  I was pleasantly surprised that docking doesn't kick you out of IVA.  It would be so cool if I could transfer crew in IVA for an Apollo style mission.  Trying to keep this mission as stock as possible.  All I have right now is KER.  Also doing in 1.3.1 because I'm on Linux and will be using my Hotas.

Edited by Geonovast
Edited for clarity

The only solution I'm aware of would be a mod solution:

1) Crew transfer

Raster Prop Monitor + a modded IVA view for your command module

or

Ship Manifest v 5.2.0.0 (latest release for 1.3 and added the feature to transfer your crew to a docked vessel)

2) Getting kicked out of IVA by docking

Maybe, QuickIVA will prevent you from getting out of IVA by docking (it also adds hotkeys to recover the vessel and to go on EVA)

Both linked mods are released for 1.3.0 but they should run in 1.3.1 as well.

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

The only solution I'm aware of would be a mod solution:

1) Crew transfer

Raster Prop Monitor + a modded IVA view for your command module

or

Ship Manifest v 5.2.0.0 (latest release for 1.3 and added the feature to transfer your crew to a docked vessel)

Thank you!  I'll take a look at those.

And I'm sorry, I mistyped.  I wasn't getting kicked out of IVA on docking.  I assumed I would, but I didn't.  OP edited :)  Not quite sure where my brain was going when I typed it....

3 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

And I'm sorry, I mistyped.  I wasn't getting kicked out of IVA on docking.  I assumed I would, but I didn't.  OP edited :)  Not quite sure where my brain was going when I typed it....

Well, it sounds like something that will actually happen, no one can blame you for this one :D

Neither of those seem to be able to do it.  Crew Manifest kicks you out and specifically says it can't go IVA during a transfer.  RPM probably could, but I have no way of making my own thing for it. 

I was thinking maybe it could work along the lines of...Duplicate focused pilot into target seat.  Switch to new duplicate pilot.  Delete original pilot.  Is that possible?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.