Pole2Pole

Triop

2 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Sorry I misunderstood. Thought you meant it was just 40 km left 

Ok, I meant to say I was 40 km away from cp 26 after I've lost me right arm. ^_^

Fully charged, look at those poor solarpanels, they must be hot... :cool:

yjftale.png

Thanks again for the tip on the motors, it's really efficient.

rfAorjR.png

13 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

Good think you didn't kill her....

Killing Val and me hating quicksaving will hunt me for the rest of my life. :lol:

Sorry it's a bit quiet at the KDA, but as you can see I am busy. ;)

Not bad for a 2 wheel drive. :cool:

WiBAjtm.png

lXaK0LN.png

gVEPlq1.png

Next up, day 12, checkpoint 27.

TBC :ph34r:

Edited by Triop

Checkpoint 27.

Vq2qrfI.png

Getting some sun...&)

L2uIdS6.png

I'm pleased with the result so far, not bad crappy buggy. ^_^

Fun fact, this is what it looks like when I turn Kerbin and put the southpole flag over the North one:

F3zwRHm.png

Vkw3biP.png

NEW ROUTE

yG5aaoG.png

EDIT:

We are getting closer . . . :ph34r:

Edited by Triop

5 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

SO CLOSE! Originally i skipped this thread because i thought it would be boring! OH I WAS WRONG

Boring ?

I just found a dinosaur fossiel ! :o

v8V4qQp.png

uPkQIJd.png

:cool:

We continue.

NirSxfK.png

Yes, my graphics card sucks . . .I know <_<

Seems to be going well! Might I suggest that from this point onward, you park on the top of a hill each night? The sun is perilously low on the horizon and it would be a bit of a downer to find yourself in perpetual shadow and have to get out and push the car ;)

32 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Seems to be going well! Might I suggest that from this point onward, you park on the top of a hill each night? The sun is perilously low on the horizon and it would be a bit of a downer to find yourself in perpetual shadow and have to get out and push the car ;)

It's a good thing Kerbin does not have a tilt or he could be there for several months.

Edited by Klapaucius

22 minutes ago, Deddly said:

I always park my buggy towards sunrise (as high up as i can), that is why I went the wrong way at cp 13 (see page 3, last post).:unsure:

16 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

It's a good think Kerbin does not have a tilt or he could be there for several months.

The closer I'm getting to the southpole, the lower the sun gets.

The closer I get to the pole, the less sunlight I get.

Hope this won't be to much of a problem when I get there. :cool:

Edited by Triop

I had some old KSP stuff I had to deal with (and exorcise) yesterday.  Just got caught up on your roving.

How much more can the Black Night take?  How much more peril will Jeb take it into?

35 minutes ago, Deddly said:

I'd also suggest you point the nose of the rover north, slightly inclined towards where Kerbol rises--and ninjaed by @Triop. :)

Could it get to having to charge it all day and then drive it into electric exhaustion while Kerbol sets?  Will Black Night get to the pole?  Will Val have to fly out with another rover--or a stonking big battery?

29 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

It's a good think Kerbin does not have a tilt or he could be there for several months.

Here's @Snark saying (and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere) that the one thing that can't be modded in KSP is tilting Kerbin--or any body--with respect to another.  All bodies have the same direction for their axes of spin.  You can fake it for gas giants by tilting the graphics of their clouds.  You can tilt all bodies' orbits and effectively give them all the same tilt to an orbital plane.  But they all will have parallel spin axes.

Edited by Jacke