Which planet pack for a playthrough in progress?

I've returned to KSP after a lengthy break recently, and got a good bit of progress, unlocked a good bit of the research tree, everything still within Kerbin system (Kerbin, Mun, Minmus) though. I have a bunch of parts mods, tech tree, near future everything, and so on, but I realized once I unlock the awesome high-speed propulsion, I'll still have nowhere farther than Eeloo to go. I definitely should install *some* planet pack.

They often mess with the existing system though; moving/tweaking Minmus is one of more notorious habits. Which planet pack can I add, that will add some new targets, maybe separate star systems, and not break my current save - leave the Kerbin moons untouched?

37 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

Which planet pack can I add, that will add some new targets, maybe separate star systems, and not break my current save - leave the Kerbin moons untouched?

Outer Planets Mod does what you want; making Eeloo a moon of Sarnus is its only stock planet shuffle.

Extrasolar adds another star system and has the benefit of being compatible with Outer Planets Mod, so you can run both at once if you wish.

Edited by Zhetaan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.