SAS Tortouga - Warrior Class Strike Craft

1 hour ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I have a question: How did you get it to float? I've tried tons of things like the air intakes and MK3 cabins, and I've never been able to get something to float.

Simplest answer is fuel-tanks (empty ones are more preferable). If you want some ideas, check out my KNS post (link is in the signature).

Id guess the Cleveland hull this one is built on has some fuel-tanks hidden inside the hull to help keep the thing afloat...tough wings alone will create a somewhat decently floating hull on their own.

Oh...and btw, welcome to the forums @BuxtonHouse. That's a pretty nice looking ship, reminds me of something the French would build.

12 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I have a question: How did you get it to float? I've tried tons of things like the air intakes and MK3 cabins, and I've never been able to get something to float.

i have the B9 hexagon fuselage  i dont know what its called, in there at the bottom and im using 1.3.1 KSP   

Fuselage in general is great for buoyancy.

9 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

Simplest answer is fuel-tanks (empty ones are more preferable). If you want some ideas, check out my KNS post (link is in the signature).

Id guess the Cleveland hull this one is built on has some fuel-tanks hidden inside the hull to help keep the thing afloat...tough wings alone will create a somewhat decently floating hull on their own.

Oh...and btw, welcome to the forums @BuxtonHouse. That's a pretty nice looking ship, reminds me of something the French would build.

Thanks very much @kapteenipirk

I really gotta ask, how do you create a page where it can have multiple craft pictures in and you have to click Reveal Hidden Contents to show the pictures and its craft file?

Edited by BuxtonHouse

58 minutes ago, BuxtonHouse said:

I really gotta ask, how do you create a page where it can have multiple craft pictures in and you have to click Reveal Hidden Contents to show the pictures and its craft file?

In the top with all the writing tools, there's an eye symbol (aka spoiler), just click it and it will create a drop-down thingy that you can place stuff inside in.

When you create a post or edit one, they will stay open on default (can be a little annoying when you have 30+ crafts in a single post), but when your done with the post, they will all close down, creating a nice short well organized post...well, depends on your view of well organized.

11 minutes ago, kapteenipirk said:

In the top with all the writing tools, there's an eye symbol (aka spoiler), just click it and it will create a drop-down thingy that you can place stuff inside in.

When you create a post or edit one, they will stay open on default (can be a little annoying when you have 30+ crafts in a single post), but when your done with the post, they will all close down, creating a nice short well organized post...well, depends on your view of well organized.

thank you man!

Edited by BuxtonHouse

4 hours ago, BuxtonHouse said:

In the editor there's an eyeball icon. Click it and it will create a spoiler.

Spoiler

EDIT: Ninja'd.... By two hours. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Kernel Kraken

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.