Actual Time warp in VAB/SPH?

Cloakedwand72

I'm still confused as to why you need it in the editor though.  I'd really be surprised it was even possible, since time stops when you're in the VAB or SPH.

You can timewarp literally anywhere else.  In flight, in map mode, when staring at the KSC.  If you install KAC though, you can warp directly to transfer windows, set alarms so you don't forget one, it'll even stop timewarp for alarms if you were paying attention to something else.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There is a mod called EditorTime which allows time to pass in the editor, you can find it here:  

It's not perfect, I wouldn't recommend it, especially for what you are looking to do

Downloaded it but don't know how to time warp with it?

There's one mod that attempts to add standard time progression while in the editor, but because the game's just not set up to accommodate that behaviour it actually ends up causing KAC and other similar mods to miss their cues.

Eh, I see that's already been suggested - for once, the board didn't tell me new posts had been made.

Edited by JH4C
Because *waves hands* things, and stuff.

5 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

What is so bad about time warping in the KSC window instead of the VAB? I don't quite understand. Both have a way to launch directly from there. I suppose if you don't like the strobe light day/night cycle or something like that?

Nothing in and of itself, but it wasn't designed for that, so many of the normal functionality associated with time doesn't work, even when patched by the mod.

I'm not against it, am speaking from a practical point of view

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nothing in and of itself, but it wasn't designed for that, so many of the normal functionality associated with time doesn't work, even when patched by the mod.

I'm not against it, am speaking from a practical point of view

Sorry I meant why can't the OP just time warp in the KSC, instead of the VAB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.