Unity Animation Issue

I'm using Unity 2017.1.3p1 Personal and am seeing different .anim file structures based on the following:

1. Project Settings ---> Editor ---> Asset Serialization Mode = Force Text (KSP fails to load part)
2. Project Settings ---> Editor ---> Asset Serialization Mode = Force Binary and then do Project Settings ---> Editor ---> Asset Serialization Mode = Force Text (part and animation work fine after editing)

In scenario 2 I remove material from the attribute and change classID from 23 to 21 for it to work.

Is this a known Unity problem,  a known work around or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

Welcome to our forum, @uscespc. :D

Unfortunately, large files in posts can cause slow page loads or even errors, so we've removed that from your post. Please upload that to a file sharing site and use the link they provide in your posts here. 

And good luck with your issue. 

On 9/5/2018 at 12:13 AM, uscespc said:

I'm using Unity 2017.1.3p1 Personal and am seeing different .anim file structures based on the following:

1. Project Settings ---> Editor ---> Asset Serialization Mode = Force Text (KSP fails to load part)
2. Project Settings ---> Editor ---> Asset Serialization Mode = Force Binary and then do Project Settings ---> Editor ---> Asset Serialization Mode = Force Text (part and animation work fine after editing)

In scenario 2 I remove material from the attribute and change classID from 23 to 21 for it to work.

Is this a known Unity problem,  a known work around or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks

[snip]

The only time you should need to edit the animation text files is when you're doing an emissive.  Part animations and emissives will be vastly different because you're changing vastly different things which is why your YAML files may appear vastly different.  

Emissives should look like this after editing

attribute: _EmissiveColor.r
    path: Cylinder1_Cylinder1_auv
    classID: 21

I think you chopped out too much.  Yours are _Color.r  IF that was an emissive. If not, then it shouldn't have been edited. KSP is likely failing to load the part because the animation isn't what it expects.  The BC4.txt is the correct format.  Just make sure to save your scenes before writing them out with parttools.

And yea, this is a huge bandaid to make unity animations work with KSP

Edited by Fengist

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.