Any mod to place notes for later reference?

Maestro22

I frequently run into the situation "umm, what was my idea when I built/launched/sent this vessel?". Especially after a few weeks of absence or after long interplanetary transfers.

For that I tried several workarounds outside of the game with "traditional" tools (notepad, spreadsheet, ...), however it's not really feeling well. I would be looking for some mod that adds the possibility to place sticky notes or flags or whatever on vessels (maybe also on kerbals and locations) where I can write and edit simple texts. Stock Flags have e.g. such a possibility.

Is there any such mod out there? I searched, but I'm not even sure what to search for :confused:. THX in advance!

I second that; Notes is very handy, and once you've loaded any save game it's available from every scene change, including if you back out to the main menu again. Also, if you're an RPM user, it can display specially formatted notes in your IVA for custom checklists & the like.

ETA: hah, pipped by seconds!

Edited by JH4C
too darned slow

One other solution that I use is to use KAC.  I set a timed alarm on a vessel or kerbal, depending on what I need, and just let it expire and get greyed out.   In the alarm edit section, there is a place to write notes, I add a bit a text for whatever I want.   That way I have a list of vessels in KAC that don't have any hard time limits, but have notes attached to them so I can remember why they were doing what ever they were doing.  This does not prevent you from creating new node alarms or what not.   I also use it to just remember certain vessels exist, like rovers I have sitting planets, or crewed vessels that I parked in an orbit somewhere till I could find time to get to them. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.