Planetary exploration parts

I mean, you could make something really similar with the stock parts. I'm not sure what exactly from that rover you want that we don't have? Are you asking for like a Mk4 rover line or are you asking for an exact replica of the movie prop in game? These are two very different things.

I'll admit the cab design is cool but what purpose would it serve in the game? Is there any need for another cab part that fulfills a different role to the existing ones?

(Also, is there no mod for this thing yet, what with the movie being so popular?) Anyways here's the first mod that came to mind, not an exact copy but it's similar in size and purpose; also it's made by a Squad staff member so it's practically stock lol.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

55 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I mean, you could make something really similar with the stock parts. I'm not sure what exactly from that rover you want that we don't have? Are you asking for like a Mk4 rover line or are you asking for an exact replica of the movie prop in game? These are two very different things.

I'll admit the cab design is cool but what purpose would it serve in the game? Is there any need for another cab part that fulfills a different role to the existing ones?

First of all I write about the basic game, I do not want any additions.

Secondly, I want a cabin for a ground vehicle, it may have built-in lights and a ladder, it must also have a side door so that the driver can leave.
I know that you can use any cabin, but the lander's can not be used because of a badly positioned door. And the pilot's cabins give a view of the sky, not the ground. Both are heavy and have an unnecessary fuel tank that could be replaced in the vehicle's cabin by an additional battery or a built-in solar panel.

5 hours ago, Cassel said:

First of all I write about the basic game, I do not want any additions.

You're right, there isn't a good heavy rover cabin in stock.    But given the course of the game's development, I don't foresee any planetary exploration parts like you describe being added to the stock game in the foreseeable future, without additional gameplay mechanics also being included.    Similar to how ISRU and the Klaw were added along with Asteroids, IIRC.  They would need to add something for the heavy rover to do.    Maybe they do have something in the works along these lines, maybe they don't. 

But something like a new parts pack would be most likely released as a DLC, to help cover the development costs.    But then, that falls back to the argument about them not releasing DLC that is already covered by a variety of mods, as there would not be enough sales to cover the costs.   Yes, the consoles need DLC's to function like mods, but the market share of consoles vs PCs (et al) is rather small, so even those sales wouldn't cover the development and now porting costs.    Unless, of course, there is a new game mechanic included that makes planetary exploration a real thing, and one not currently doable with mods.  Then a whole pack would make sense as a DLC.

But don't hold your breath.  We don't know what's on the KSP roadmap for Squad.   It will probably be some time before we would get something like this. 

Until that time, if you want to find the parts you have described, do take a look at some of the mods listed above. 

On 9/7/2018 at 5:41 PM, Vexillar said:

Check out @RoverDude's other mods, too, such as Konstruction and Modular Kolonization System.  There are some really useful ideas and parts.@Nils277

Problem with Modular Kolonization System: it ceased to be Modular. Take it or leave it, the whole life support and a byzantine resource management system, no easy way to get just a bunch of fancy parts, 'cause there are intermodular dependencies and it's hard to tell what is needed by a rover and what causes life support.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.