[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

42 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Also, @jrodriguez will it be possible to make modular missile guidance a torpedo? Making the cruise height capable of being negative...

Umm it will require some development work but it might be feasible :) .

I will consider it in the future. I'm currently focus on the multiplayer development for BDA.

Hi, I have an issue with BDArmory Continued and AP+. 

For some reason a lot of the parts from AP+ have astronomical hit point values when using BDAc.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about. Is there any way to adjust this?

nwVNJwe.jpg

Any suggestions? This is for my PFC 9 Contest.

On 12/9/2018 at 5:14 AM, greydragon70 said:

For some reason a lot of the parts from AP+ have astronomical hit point values when using BDAc.

nwVNJwe.jpg

Which version of bdac are you using?

On 11/30/2018 at 10:13 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

Added Weapon Group functionality - Weapons can be assigned to user-defined weapon groups (in this case "Turrets") in the VAB/SPH, that can then be accessed both manually and by the AI like any other weapon.
I can get a PR with the code up tomorrow.

A question- how does the targeting work here? does all the weapons aim on one type of turret's bearing, or do they all use their individual aiming points? This could be important for laser-gun combos.

Like normal; each individual weapon uses its own internal target acquisition logic, so a laser/ballistic combo will have the laser fire directly at the enemy CoM while the ballistics properly lead the target as necessary, at least when under AI control. I'll have to test manual aim, but I suspect that since manual control overrides this, as everything gets slaved to a common aim point, attempting to manually lead a target will have the lasers go wide, and vice versa.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

On 12/9/2018 at 5:14 AM, greydragon70 said:

nwVNJwe.jpg

Hey JRA, it's Fan Jerry from your previous competition. If an official fix doesn't come soon, you could try to find the part in the text editor, and changing it manually.

For example, in the twinzie example you posted there is this bit:

MODULE
    {
        name = HitpointTracker
        isEnabled = True
        Hitpoints = 1048900

You could search for any part by looking for its hitpoint value, (ie 1048900) which seems to be unique. The bug only affects a minority of Airplane Plus parts, so most planes should have only 1-2 parts that need to be fixed.

On 12/8/2018 at 10:14 PM, greydragon70 said:

nwVNJwe.jpg

Yes, AirPlane plus has a bug. I will release a fix soon.

On 12/16/2018 at 12:37 AM, Xd the great said:

On 12/14/2018 at 9:19 PM, Hojoz said:

Question:

Will the name of the thread be updated with the newest version in the title? 

We don't know where @Papa_Joe is....I might need to create a new thread if he doesn't show up .

BTW I just want to let you know that I'm working on a future multiplayer version of BDArmory based on LMP.

2 hours ago, goduranus said:

Hey JRA, it's Fan Jerry from your previous competition. If an official fix doesn't come soon, you could try to find the part in the text editor, and changing it manually.

For example, in the twinzie example you posted there is this bit:

MODULE
    {
        name = HitpointTracker
        isEnabled = True
        Hitpoints = 1048900

You could search for any part by looking for its hitpoint value, (ie 1048900) which seems to be unique. The bug only affects a minority of Airplane Plus parts, so most planes should have only 1-2 parts that need to be fixed.

Can confirm that a few guys on the JRA Discord are already at work on a fix

On 12/13/2018 at 8:56 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

Like normal; each individual weapon uses its own internal target acquisition logic, so a laser/ballistic combo will have the laser fire directly at the enemy CoM while the ballistics properly lead the target as necessary, at least when under AI control. I'll have to test manual aim, but I suspect that since manual control overrides this, as everything gets slaved to a common aim point, attempting to manually lead a target will have the lasers go wide, and vice versa.

Nice!

22 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Why?

As JRA (greydragon70) said himself, he encountered an issue with AP+ health for PFC 9 and was made aware by his Discord community, which happened to include 2 people that could code a fix. They've been at it for a week, and when they started we had no idea that an official fix was in the works, something that was only announced yesterday. That is why. I'd like to thank you guys for also seeing this issue and making an official fix though. I'll notify them, since most of his Discord isn't on the KSP forums. 

35 minutes ago, Hojoz said:

As JRA (greydragon70) said himself, he encountered an issue with AP+ health for PFC 9 and was made aware by his Discord community, which happened to include 2 people that could code a fix. They've been at it for a week, and when they started we had no idea that an official fix was in the works, something that was only announced yesterday. That is why. I'd like to thank you guys for also seeing this issue and making an official fix though. I'll notify them, since most of his Discord isn't on the KSP forums. 

I like proactive people :) .

The problem can be fixed by a Modular Manager cfg patch to override HP values of these AP+ parts. (This the easiest way to fix it)

The code fix I will include will be basically protecting the HP calculations from other mods with unexpected model boundaries. So in case there is other mod with the same problem this will not happen again.

Edited by jrodriguez

2 hours ago, Hojoz said:

Ah ok I see. Yep proactive, problem solving, self helping people are awesome!

I wish there were a LOT more of them :P

6 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Ah ok I see. Yep proactive, problem solving, self helping people are awesome!

I wish there were a LOT more of them :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcl1dk2by4yb429/AP-BDA HP fixes.zip?dl=0

@HojozI don't know Rocketing Racer's forum name to give him credit for the assistance, and I haven't included his craft-file fixer.

I pulled a lot of these numbers out of my butt, but thy're at least semi-rational, and based on stock parts

Edited by FleshJeb

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcl1dk2by4yb429/AP-BDA HP fixes.zip?dl=0

@HojozI don't know Rocketing Racer's forum name to give him credit for the assistance, and I haven't included his craft-file fixer.

I pulled a lot of these numbers out of my butt, but thy're at least semi-rational, and based on stock parts

Edited 17 hours ago by FleshJeb

Hello, yes FleshJeb and I have been working on a fix for the issue.   I will include python code and a compiled .exe file for use without a python installation.   This program when run with .csv files containing the corrected hp values in the same directory will edit all craft files in the directory.  Flesh Jeb is responsible for the generation of the csv files using the KRPC mod and his dedication in editing the hp values..  ALL CSV files in the folder which the program is run in will be used.  However duplicate items are fine the value will be set to the last value found.  I believe it locates the files by alphabetical order but i did not put a sort function in so I do not know.  The reason for this modular input selection was to allow for other mods correction table files to be added.  Not having a mod for a csv file will not break the program as it will simply not find the value in the craft files.  The program will place the corrected files in a folder named "fixed"  the originals are unchanged and are not moved.  Feel free to edit the code to change anything you may want to.  Runs on python 3.7 or 3.6 with no non standard modules. modules=(time,glob,os).  If you encounter any issues or mistakes I will happily fix and update the files. https://github.com/java12man/BDA-CraftHitPointFix

Edited by Rocketing Racer
I got a github working so no more google drive

6 hours ago, Rocketing Racer said:

Hello, yes FleshJeb and I have been working on a fix for the issue.   I will include python code and a compiled .exe file for use without a python installation.   This program when run with .csv files containing the corrected hp values in the same directory will edit all craft files in the directory.  Flesh Jeb is responsible for the generation of the csv files using the KRPC mod and his dedication in editing the hp values..  ALL CSV files in the folder which the program is run in will be used.  However duplicate items are fine the value will be set to the last value found.  I believe it locates the files by alphabetical order but i did not put a sort function in so I do not know.  The reason for this modular input selection was to allow for other mods correction table files to be added.  Not having a mod for a csv file will not break the program as it will simply not find the value in the craft files.  The program will place the corrected files in a folder named "fixed"  the originals are unchanged and are not moved.  Feel free to edit the code to change anything you may want to.  Runs on python 3.7 or 3.6 with no non standard modules. modules=(time,glob,os).  If you encounter any issues or mistakes I will happily fix and update the files. https://github.com/java12man/BDA-CraftHitPointFix

Nicely done, dude. It's been fun working with you, and I'm grateful for the advice and the collaboration. Please include my source files on your github, as I don't have an account at the moment, and they're good for an example. There's no license on them other than "IDGAF".

Here's an example craft that generates two corrections: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqdh1p7gaiaglf7/Zippy 5 Gun.craft?dl=0, or you can use one of yours.

Also the fixes for the three stock wings, which should go in a different example folder than AP+: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfxtipik3z6v723/!stock.csv?dl=0

Edited by FleshJeb

On 12/19/2018 at 9:32 AM, Xd the great said:

For 1 reason or another, my planes cannot autolock onto enemy subs.

Only a sonar can detect subs... I think.

Hmm... that gives me an idea to make a sonar beacon!

On 12/19/2018 at 9:44 AM, Fireheart318 said:

Suggestion - Grenade launcher.

It would work like a gun but it shoots tiny bombs instead of bullets.

SM Armory has one. Link in my Sig.

Spoiler

x8QtDaw.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.