[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

10 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Please use the new thread.

Also, did you install module manager?

Increase max engage range in the .cfg?

See I tried, and since they're dumb bombs they don't have a line in .cfg for range at all!

I think it's a hard coded limit in BD armory, so idk if I can fix it.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:11 AM, Snark said:

We lock threads at OP request. We don't generally lock threads otherwise unless we think there is especially some problem, which does not appear to be the case here.

It is predicted that it will cause confusion, therefore it was asked to lock this thread. OP is no longer active and other community members who maintain mod and are more active have opened new thread for same mod.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Necroing an old thread.  I discussed with @jrodriguez, and He is fine with me reviving this thread, since I will be maintaing the BDAc fork going forward.  As you all know I've released a beta version of BDAc for 1.12.3.  So far it seems to be working for the most part.  Please post any issues here.  I will post this in the other thread so we have continuity.  I will also be looking over the other thread to try to catch any outstanding issues that remain from there.

• 1 month later...

I have some issues with modular missiles

1) missile doesn’t move after release, it starts accelerating only if I switch to it

2) missile doesn’t guide itself towards the target

can someone help me with this issues and if this will help I am playing on Mac 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 1:00 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Necroing an old thread.  I discussed with @jrodriguez, and He is fine with me reviving this thread, since I will be maintaing the BDAc fork going forward.  As you all know I've released a beta version of BDAc for 1.12.3.  So far it seems to be working for the most part.  Please post any issues here.  I will post this in the other thread so we have continuity.  I will also be looking over the other thread to try to catch any outstanding issues that remain from there.

Hi @Papa_Joe. (I created an account to tell you this) with a several other mods installed, trying to load KSP with BDArmory 1.3.5 installed causes the loading to freeze. The slideshow of KSP images continues, the game keeps loading, but it never seems to get past "BDArmory_1.3.5PR_01292022_2235/GameData/BDArmory/Parts/20mmVulcan/vulcanTurret/bahaGatlingGun"

I am not sure if this is something that is caused by something I am doing wrong, or a glitch with the mod, I would appreciate your help...

1 hour ago, B1oHa2ard said:

Hi @Papa_Joe. (I created an account to tell you this) with a several other mods installed, trying to load KSP with BDArmory 1.3.5 installed causes the loading to freeze. The slideshow of KSP images continues, the game keeps loading, but it never seems to get past "BDArmory_1.3.5PR_01292022_2235/GameData/BDArmory/Parts/20mmVulcan/vulcanTurret/bahaGatlingGun"

I am not sure if this is something that is caused by something I am doing wrong, or a glitch with the mod, I would appreciate your help...

Thanks for the post.  You have installed it wrong.  you have unzipped the archive directly into your gamedata folder as best I can figure.  You need to unzip the archive and then paste the gamedata folder over the existing gamedata folder.  the correct path should be:  Drive\Game\GameData\BdArmory

I would delete the BDArmory_1.3.5PR_01292022_2235 folder completely.

As an update for folks, My school year has ended, I've learned a great deal more about Unity in general.  I will be revisiting my mods with a fresh eye from what I've learned.

On 5/31/2022 at 12:44 PM, DirtyVenomSteam said:

Is there a tutorial for how to make custom parts around? I've tried looking for one on youtube, but I mostly just get unrelated mod review videos.

In general Custom parts can be as simple as a new config for an existing part, or completely new models, animations and code to support them.  Typically a new Part would be created in a tool like Blender and then exported to Unity format (.fbx or .obj is typical)  they are then plugged into unity and exported to KSP using KSP tools.  Anyone, please correct me if I got that wrong.  Parts and modelling are next on my list of things to learn.

Edited by Papa_Joe

1 hour ago, Neros7 said:

Where do I find the latest release of not-Runway Bdarmory? Furthermore I found a relatively major issue with version 1.3.4: I cannot zoom the targeting pod

In Github listed in the OP of this topic.  also found in my Sig below.  1.3.5 beta.  

On 6/29/2022 at 5:07 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Thanks for the post.  You have installed it wrong.  you have unzipped the archive directly into your gamedata folder as best I can figure.  You need to unzip the archive and then paste the gamedata folder over the existing gamedata folder.  the correct path should be:  Drive\Game\GameData\BdArmory

I would delete the BDArmory_1.3.5PR_01292022_2235 folder completely.

Thank you... seems a bit more complicated than other mods, but it works now, so thank you!

16 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

In Github listed in the OP of this topic.  also found in my Sig below.  1.3.5 beta.  

Thank you! It was hard to find though, you might want to make it more visible and easier to find.

I cannot figure out the new Vessel Switcher though, why do Vessels drop off of it at some distance?

Never mind, I haven't activated PRE properly, it works now and I love it!

The update is truely awesome!

Edited by Neros7

8 hours ago, Neros7 said:

Thank you! It was hard to find though, you might want to make it more visible and easier to find.

Noted.  I've updated the OP to place the links under the banner, and make them larger, so they are easier to see.

Hey there, having some issues with BDAC currently. Specifically with the zoom function on the tracking pods. When I zoom in it doesn't appear to be doing anything, however I've noticed if I'm zooming with a portion of the sky showing, the zoomed image appears in that - almost like it's an image *behind* the default zoom level. I'm not really sure how else to describe it (but can get pictures if you want)

Any idea what's up with that?

(And yes, I did make this account just to ask haha)

Edited by KingKea
New account statement

On 7/5/2022 at 4:35 PM, vikt2324 said:

I am curious if it is possible there is a plugin for BDA or RPM that can integrate the data displayed from radars, RWRs, targeting pods, etc on to RPM MFDs/screens?
(image for refference)7FUnQva.png

Very interesting question I'll have to look into that.

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2022 at 4:47 AM, KingKea said:

Update; so I removed a few mods, and I think it was Scatterer that was messing with it. Appears to be working now.

The Kerbal community always follows up. I had this problem.. I suppose I can go without Scatterer for my BDA install. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 4:07 PM, Papa_Joe said:

In general Custom parts can be as simple as a new config for an existing part, or completely new models, animations and code to support them.  Typically a new Part would be created in a tool like Blender and then exported to Unity format (.fbx or .obj is typical)  they are then plugged into unity and exported to KSP using KSP tools.  Anyone, please correct me if I got that wrong.  Parts and modelling are next on my list of things to learn.

Sorry, I am REALLY late with my response, as I forgot to check, basically, I'm asking what the structure looks like for making new guns, or if there's an up-to-date tutorial for making them?

Basically speaking, I want to do is turn the Browning into a turret, with an attachment, so it wouldn't just be rotating off of nothing, however, trying to make custom guns in my past attempts (Like trying to scale down the Browning to match a 7.62 role, as scaling the model in the .cfg didn't move the ejection port, so it's ejecting shells from above the model, and looks kinda'... Jank.) has lead to the "Hey, this is firing this way!" going through the craft and into the ground, being stuck at it's starting location.

This happens whether I make a custom turret, or a new stationary gun, so, I'm really just trying to figure out the ideal workflow for this stuff to actually work.

Edited by DirtyVenomSteam

On 7/6/2022 at 12:35 AM, vikt2324 said:

I am curious if it is possible there is a plugin for BDA or RPM that can integrate the data displayed from radars, RWRs, targeting pods, etc on to RPM MFDs/screens?

I think it would be better with MAS because it has things that RPM will never get since it's development is stopped. Such things as touchscreen MFDs, ability to have multiple subpages on a single page, more flexibility in prop configs and optimization.

Just imagine this large central configurable MAS MFD filled with BDA data: radar in the center, minimap underneath, RWR and weapon selection menu on the sides.

EtIelIC.png

Edited by Manul

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.