[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

On 9/28/2018 at 8:07 AM, Hannibal_L3CT3R said:

I just got KSP on Steam and I'm trying to get the BD armory mod working. I tried everything I could think of. I have Module manager installed, went to YouTube got the Physics Extender thing. 

The problem is that even though I see Module Manager and the parts for BD armory in the loading screen, I don't see the tabs showing the weapons. only the Weapons Manager tab that allows you to control them when attached.

Can someone help me on this? Am I making a mistake somewhere? Please inform me if I need to add more info.

Thanks in Advance

My GameData Folder: https://imgur.com/a/jpTk66D

Would you mind to verify that your game version matches with that of your mods?

I am not pesking for updates, but will the next version of bdac be 1.4.5 or 1.5 compatible?

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Alright thanks. So I assume the next version of bdac will be 1.5 compatible.

I would assume nothing. It's more likely that the team will spend some time fixing what bugs are currently active within BDAC and try to get them fixed before figuring out the version it will be compatible with, be it 1.5, 1.5.1, 1.6, etc..

Hello, there is jitter in my game on all crafts and most also spawn underground under KK bases, this is serious issue and make the game unplayable, the crafts also jump around and overall it feels bad.

Aaaaand, here's the log... https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9kh5v6lqsehrsk/KSP.log?dl=0

Spoiler

I would be very thankful for any help with this issue. On KK thread, they said it's not issue of them but physics range extender, which I have set to 30km to try make KK bases load within this range.

6 hours ago, Toonu said:

Hello, there is jitter in my game on all crafts and most also spawn underground under KK bases, this is serious issue and make the game unplayable, the crafts also jump around and overall it feels bad.

Aaaaand, here's the log... https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9kh5v6lqsehrsk/KSP.log?dl=0

Reveal hidden contents

I would be very thankful for any help with this issue. On KK thread, they said it's not issue of them but physics range extender, which I have set to 30km to try make KK bases load within this range.

@Toonu This is something expected when you plan with an extended range. Are you using the lastest version of PRE?  You can reduce the range to help with the jitter.

However, the jitter will never disappear, unless you remove PRE from your mods (but if you do that then you will be using stock ranges and that is crap!).

And now to be honest, I have a 40 mods set up with PRE, huge KK runways, and RSS. I have a 200 parts plane that can easily land on a KK runway without any issues. Can I see the jitter effect? Of course I can! But the question is. Can I live with it?  And the answer  is always YES

13 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

@Toonu This is something expected when you plan with an extended range. Are you using the lastest version of PRE?  You can reduce the range to help with the jitter.

However, the jitter will never disappear, unless you remove PRE from your mods (but if you do that then you will be using stock ranges and that is crap!).

And now to be honest, I have a 40 mods set up with PRE, huge KK runways, and RSS. I have a 200 parts plane that can easily land on a KK runway without any issues. Can I see the jitter effect? Of course I can! But the question is. Can I live with it?  And the answer  is always YES

The jitter is okay, but the spawning underground is the issue. I can live with jitter, its part of KSP since alpha :D . When I load KSP and every craft on ground explodes, it is a problem.

5 minutes ago, Toonu said:

The jitter is okay, but the spawning underground is the issue. I can live with jitter, its part of KSP since alpha :D . When I load KSP and every craft on ground explodes, it is a problem.

Do you have the latest version of PRE? A new code was added to spawn craft above the runway.

Can you try and see if the spawn underground happens on stock runway?

1 minute ago, Xd the great said:

Do you have the latest version of PRE? A new code was added to spawn craft above the runway.

Can you try and see if the spawn underground happens on stock runway?

Yes, I am using latest version of BDA > bundled PRE. I will try stock KSC runway later today and let you know here. 

Hey guys, I've been playing with BDA recently and I've came to the conclusion that non explosive ballistic weapons don't do enough damage for my tastes, and I'd like to change that. I had a question about the settings - there appears to be three that control damage in the cfg file - DMG_MULTIPLIER, EXP_DMG_MOD_BALLISTIC, and EXP_DMG_MOD_MISSILE. As far as I know the first is global and of course the last controls missiles, and based on the name the second controls only explosive damage, meaning there is none for non explosive rounds. Is this correct, and if it is correct can I effectivly change kinetic damage by lowering the EXP modifiers and proportionally raising the first modifier?

13 hours ago, sjpc302 said:

Hey guys, I've been playing with BDA recently and I've came to the conclusion that non explosive ballistic weapons don't do enough damage for my tastes, and I'd like to change that. I had a question about the settings - there appears to be three that control damage in the cfg file - DMG_MULTIPLIER, EXP_DMG_MOD_BALLISTIC, and EXP_DMG_MOD_MISSILE. As far as I know the first is global and of course the last controls missiles, and based on the name the second controls only explosive damage, meaning there is none for non explosive rounds. Is this correct, and if it is correct can I effectivly change kinetic damage by lowering the EXP modifiers and proportionally raising the first modifier?

Spoiler

@PART:

{

RESOURCE[name=tntmass*]

@mass *= 999

}

This may work.

As a .cfg patch.

If I made any errors, feel free to change and edit it. I am a noob at coding.

Edited by Xd the great

I have a feeling it has to do with the Physics Range Extender, but in an earlier version, I was able to launch battles against the island airfield. However, recently, if I fly far every ground vehicle will fall through and explode. All SAMs and vehicles and non-building structures all explode some 20+ KM away from the host vehicle. What settings of the Physics Range Extender can I change to solve this?

1 hour ago, NIBARR said:

I have a feeling it has to do with the Physics Range Extender, but in an earlier version, I was able to launch battles against the island airfield. However, recently, if I fly far every ground vehicle will fall through and explode. All SAMs and vehicles and non-building structures all explode some 20+ KM away from the host vehicle. What settings of the Physics Range Extender can I change to solve this?

The range settings. Use the latest release, and set it to something like 40 km.

Is there any possibility for removing the required dependency of physics range extender?

Why im asking is that that PRE messes up with stock physics and makes it so that whenever i want to use BDA weapons i need to install PRE, and when i want to do stock space combat i need to remove it which is a major annoyance as i do both on 1 save file...

That and i NEVER use ranges past 10km which can be done with stock game (just edit the ranges in the physics.cfg), so if its not too hard to do for the next version, please consider remnoving that hard dependence since i just cannot seem to compile the mod like at all (ive always had these problems, so ive just given up trying to make any edits myself even if its as simple as killing the part of BDA that disables the mod when PRE isnt installed).

And on another note, id appreciate an option to disable the light glow FX when bullets hit stuff, as its completely killing any framerate that i had b4 this feature was added and doesnt even look realistic (it persists way too long, if it was a half second flash fine, but now its like a 2-3s flash light which breaks immersion and creates insane lag that makes BDA unuseable with high ROF weapons like the 30mms).  Maybee link it to the option disable bullet hits so when i disable the little fx that poip up on impact it also kills that super laggy and annoying lighting?

@jrodriguez, so i did some more testing and the issue is HE FX with the sheer lag created by any rapid fire weapon.  The 20mm and many 30mm guns use HE rounds which is perfectly fine, but those guns have abuilt in effect that creates a point light that has extremely excessive active time from its creation to its destruction.

VuhFAVu.png

dCEjkYi.png.png

Here is a good example, this is from just 2 vulcans at point blank and my FPS went from ~20-30 to like 5. 

Z0jguz5.png

Note how the light persists for a good while even when the guns are nolonger firing at the target.  This effect is impossible to disable and eats so much FPS that it makes BDA unplayable without modding every rapidly firing stock cannon to use pure AP ammo which removes this issue.

I dont know if this is easy to do (and i literally cant compile BDA on my end like at all so changing it myself is out of the question), but id really appreciate if you guys took a look into this problem.  The flash effect either needs to be 100% removed, or make it last something like 50-100ms instead of the over 3 seconds it lasts now (if youve ever seen a real high explosive shell it creates a flash of light but that flash is almost instantly gone too and its mostly just a cloud of debris being launched into the air).

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

@panzer1b the effects are controlled in the .cfg, so I suppose a single module manager patch can remove the effects.

Actually cfgs wont help since the effect is baked into teh newer 3d models implemented a few updates ago that are responsible for rendering the explosion effect when any HE round impacts a target.

I actually managed to fix my problem by removing the current explosion fx and replacing them with the ones from way back in the day which were less laggy and actually looked better to begin with (imo).

IF3YPOV.png

Above is what it is with current models

Tc6D0Lh.png

B6Vw6zG.png%20

This is what it looks like using the super old ones from bahamuto.  Both models have a "light_spot" entity present, but the old models make that effect dissapear much quicker leading to little if any lag unless you are looking at like 10+ vulcans firing simultaneously (in which case it lage either way but is much better then b4 when but 2 vulcans is unbearable levels of lag).

Edited by panzer1b

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.