[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

Question for the BDA team: I'm using a custom compile of the BDA plugin for the BAD-T tourney I'm running at the moment that:
-Adds ammo gauges that toggle off if infinite ammo is enabled
-Adds ammo empty alerts that also respect Infinite ammo
-Implements apBulletMod for additional/reduced bullet armor penetration
-Makes heat gauge persistent when switching vessels - if a weapon is overheated and you switch vessels, then switch back, the overheated weapon will still have heat gauge
-Changes bullet rendering from tracers and slightly less bright tracers to tracers and non-tracers
R0TfxkU.png
Since I'm uncertain regarding your feelings on unsolicited Pull Requests from non-BDA devs, are some/all above things you'd be interested in and want a PR from my fork of the code?

On 11/3/2018 at 10:45 AM, Transmission116 said:

Hi guys. Can you help with Rotary Bomb Pack.

Im add bomb to this http://SSMaker.ru/40f152b8/   when im dlying, im try to drom bomb, activate fire btn, nothing happens. What im do wrong

What version of KSP? What version of BDAc? Is clearance check enabled? How fast are you flying? There are a lot of variables here that need answered before an adequate answer can be given.

Hi all,

I just released a new version of CameraTools recompiled for KSP 1.5.1. You can find it here:

https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases/tag/v1.11.0

On 11/4/2018 at 5:34 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

Question for the BDA team: I'm using a custom compile of the BDA plugin for the BAD-T tourney I'm running at the moment that:
-Adds ammo gauges that toggle off if infinite ammo is enabled
-Adds ammo empty alerts that also respect Infinite ammo
-Implements apBulletMod for additional/reduced bullet armor penetration
-Makes heat gauge persistent when switching vessels - if a weapon is overheated and you switch vessels, then switch back, the overheated weapon will still have heat gauge
-Changes bullet rendering from tracers and slightly less bright tracers to tracers and non-tracers
R0TfxkU.png
Since I'm uncertain regarding your feelings on unsolicited Pull Requests from non-BDA devs, are some/all above things you'd be interested in and want a PR from my fork of the code?

Hi @SuicidalInsanity improvements are always welcome, If you do a PR in Dev branch we will review the code to see wheter it make sense to integrate it or not.

Thanks

Since this is Papa joe's thread I guess this would be the right place to post this request...?

While I think the rather recent change in BDAs damage System (Heat to HP) is great, with having bullets penetrating armor instead of destroying it immediately, resulting in the destruction of interior parts, I feel like its just not properly balanced. Most parts have such a huge health bar, it's hard to do any damage, especially with "older" weapons in e.g. the Skyers part pack mod. the BDA "stock" options, Vulcan and Gau negate this a bit by heaving really high RPMs but the BDA 50.Cal, for Example, needs 30ish hits to destroy a wing. In real life air combat often a single bullet from an autocannon like the German MK 108 or 103 (featured in Skyers PP) was able to obliterate a Plane (in BDA KSP it would make sense for it to take more bullets: gameplay reasons). And even a machine gun could take a plane down quickly if it scored hits on either pilot, engine or control surfaces. What I'm trying to say is that it would be great if the current damage system were to be complemented with negative effects on different parts when they get damaged e.g.: engines losing power or shutting down at a specific HP percentage, a chance to kill the pilot or the AI if the cockpit gets hit, wings getting less G-force tolerant and/or breaking off..... I think you get the point. As I have absolutely no experience in coding and scripting (I even wouldn´t know the difference at gunpoint) I don´t know how hard this feature is to implement? But I´d just love to see it. I think especially air battles with WW2 to 50ies - 60ies planes would really profit from these changes (more doggyfighting, no or few guided missiles).

I´d like to thank BDA and its plugins authors for stealing hundreds of hours of my lifetime (is it of my lifetime or off my lifetime?) and wish them good luck for continuously developing BDA to one of the greatest KSP mods and communities.

Can someone please comment on this or refer me to the proper forum or github.

English is not my native language in I apologize for any misspelliation (sic!) 

On 11/9/2018 at 8:31 PM, Esesel said:

Since this is Papa joe's thread I guess this would be the right place to post this request...?

While I think the rather recent change in BDAs damage System (Heat to HP) is great, with having bullets penetrating armor instead of destroying it immediately, resulting in the destruction of interior parts, I feel like its just not properly balanced. Most parts have such a huge health bar, it's hard to do any damage, especially with "older" weapons in e.g. the Skyers part pack mod. the BDA "stock" options, Vulcan and Gau negate this a bit by heaving really high RPMs but the BDA 50.Cal, for Example, needs 30ish hits to destroy a wing. In real life air combat often a single bullet from an autocannon like the German MK 108 or 103 (featured in Skyers PP) was able to obliterate a Plane (in BDA KSP it would make sense for it to take more bullets: gameplay reasons). And even a machine gun could take a plane down quickly if it scored hits on either pilot, engine or control surfaces. What I'm trying to say is that it would be great if the current damage system were to be complemented with negative effects on different parts when they get damaged e.g.: engines losing power or shutting down at a specific HP percentage, a chance to kill the pilot or the AI if the cockpit gets hit, wings getting less G-force tolerant and/or breaking off..... I think you get the point. As I have absolutely no experience in coding and scripting (I even wouldn´t know the difference at gunpoint) I don´t know how hard this feature is to implement? But I´d just love to see it. I think especially air battles with WW2 to 50ies - 60ies planes would really profit from these changes (more doggyfighting, no or few guided missiles).

I´d like to thank BDA and its plugins authors for stealing hundreds of hours of my lifetime (is it of my lifetime or off my lifetime?) and wish them good luck for continuously developing BDA to one of the greatest KSP mods and communities.

Can someone please comment on this or refer me to the proper forum or github.

English is not my native language in I apologize for any misspelliation (sic!) 

Hi @Esesel This is the place for request https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

Thanks for the description of your request.

4 hours ago, Powered By Sprinkles said:

im sorry if this has been asked before, but does BD work on the newest version or will i have to use 1.4.5? Thanks!

A new version for KSP 1.5.1 will be released soon.

@Esesel, one partial solution is to open the BDArmory settings.cfg, and change the "DMG_MULTIPLIER" from 100 to between 750-1000. It will increase the damage by a factor of around 7.5 to 10, which appears to be realistic. 

On 11/13/2018 at 6:27 AM, CDough8 said:

Im having an issue in regard to the hitpoint system. When I build my plane in the hanger the wings have 9000hp but when I spawn the plane on the runway the hp changes to 1000. I have BDA 1.2.2.2, PRE 1.7, and MM 3.1.1. Im also running on KSP 1.4.5.

1. You have to use MM v 3.0.7, check PRE version for the ksp v 1.4.5 compatible one.

2. The hitpoint bug is known on github, but thank you for trying to ooint this out.

Hi all,

I'm glad to announce a new release of BDAc for KSP 1.5.1!

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.2.3.0

v1.2.3: Thanks to SpannerMoneky, Gedas-S, DoctorDavinci, Kergan, Gomker, PapaJoesSoup, TheDogKSP, Duck1998, and Fitiales for their work on this release!

* NEW FEATURES:
	* Recompiled for KSP 1.5.1  
	* EC per shot for energy weapons like Rail guns. #486
	* EMP Weapons logic.
    * Modular Missiles: Min speed before guidance trigger, time between stages.
    * New High Explosive resource for missiles.
	* New smoke model.
	* Autopilot: Orbiting direction can be set.

* ENHANCEMENTS:
	* Explosive blast forces increased.
	* Hitpoints rounding reduced to 100. #432 
    * Missiles can be jettisoned using action group #539
	* Max detonation range for air explosive bullets increased from 3500m to 8000m.
	* Autopilot improvements: pitchKi has saner values, also steering added.
	* Guard mode: Better calculation of missiles away.
	* Better bullet distribution.
	* FX performance improved limiting number of parallel animations.
	* Better checks for missile detonations.

* FIXES
	* HE bullets now do less kinetic damage after substracting HE mass.
	* HitPoints calculations: values remain the same between scenes. 
	* HitPoints calculations: bigger vessels now have more sensible HP values. #477
	* Stop explosions moving across the ground.
	* Fixed detonation on collision. #566
	* CSV parts export now show all parts.
	* Fixed weapons category due to localization issues. #580
	* Stage icons fixed for KSP 1.5.1
	* Some exceptions controlled.
	* Heat missiles will not lock friendly vessels. #586
	* Fixed issue where modular missiles were detecting themselves as enemy vessels and detonating.
    * Modular Missiles: roll correction fixed.

* BALANCE
	* Bullet mass rebalance for lower calibers. #515
	* No damage reductions for lower calibers. #515
	* 120mm bullet improvements.

@Papa_Joe Would you mind to update the OP? Thanks!

Edited by jrodriguez

6 hours ago, NodokaHanamura said:

I personally don't understand the logic behind EMPs since it more or less would disable the aircraft entirely, but all in all, I do appreciate that someone's keeping Bahamuto's stuff alive now that he's left to make his own game.

It is based on real life emp, which disables all electronic equipment.

Aka, a computer controlled aircraft.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.