[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

17 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

I'm glad to announce a new release of BDAc for KSP 1.5.1!

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.2.3.0

v1.2.3: Thanks to SpannerMoneky, Gedas-S, DoctorDavinci, Kergan, Gomker, PapaJoesSoup, TheDogKSP, Duck1998, and Fitiales for their work on this release!

* NEW FEATURES:
	* Recompiled for KSP 1.5.1  
	* EC per shot for energy weapons like Rail guns. #486
	* EMP Weapons logic.
    * Modular Missiles: Min speed before guidance trigger, time between stages.
    * New High Explosive resource for missiles.
	* New smoke model.
	* Autopilot: Orbiting direction can be set.

* ENHANCEMENTS:
	* Explosive blast forces increased.
	* Hitpoints rounding reduced to 100. #432 
    * Missiles can be jettisoned using action group #539
	* Max detonation range for air explosive bullets increased from 3500m to 8000m.
	* Autopilot improvements: pitchKi has saner values, also steering added.
	* Guard mode: Better calculation of missiles away.
	* Better bullet distribution.
	* FX performance improved limiting number of parallel animations.
	* Better checks for missile detonations.

* FIXES
	* HE bullets now do less kinetic damage after substracting HE mass.
	* HitPoints calculations: values remain the same between scenes. 
	* HitPoints calculations: bigger vessels now have more sensible HP values. #477
	* Stop explosions moving across the ground.
	* Fixed detonation on collision. #566
	* CSV parts export now show all parts.
	* Fixed weapons category due to localization issues. #580
	* Stage icons fixed for KSP 1.5.1
	* Some exceptions controlled.
	* Heat missiles will not lock friendly vessels. #586
	* Fixed issue where modular missiles were detecting themselves as enemy vessels and detonating.
    * Modular Missiles: roll correction fixed.

* BALANCE
	* Bullet mass rebalance for lower calibers. #515
	* No damage reductions for lower calibers. #515
	* 120mm bullet improvements.

@Papa_Joe Would you mind to update the OP? Thanks!

it doesnt work. when i load ksp, it gets to 20mm vulcan/vulcan turret/baha gattling gun and gets stuck

Edited by inflictedgolf38
forgot to finish the sentence because im a dumb dumb

1 hour ago, Acea said:

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/595

This could be dealt with some third-party coding, but I guess it would be useful to someone else too. Would you consider that?

To be honest at the moment it is just me doing some active development on BDA.

Currently, I will just do maintenance of BDA to make it work in future versions of KSP and features that I'm really interested on like missile guidances and modular missiles, etc.

22 hours ago, Xd the great said:

It is based on real life emp, which disables all electronic equipment.

Aka, a computer controlled aircraft.

I know what an EMP does, it's just that I don't understand why it would be implemented within BDAc, as it more or less does the same thing as a conventional AMRAAM? I mean, if you like the concept of EMPs, that's bound to give you a little fun, but I just personally don't see the reason behind the EMP variant.

2 hours ago, NodokaHanamura said:

I know what an EMP does, it's just that I don't understand why it would be implemented within BDAc, as it more or less does the same thing as a conventional AMRAAM? I mean, if you like the concept of EMPs, that's bound to give you a little fun, but I just personally don't see the reason behind the EMP variant.

Nothing says you have to use it. Other people do. Not everything in there is going to appeal to every person.

1 hour ago, XOC2008 said:

Nothing says you have to use it. Other people do. Not everything in there is going to appeal to every person.

I know that, I'm just putting out my two cents on it. If you like it, that's fine. I'm not wanting to stop you - far from it. If anything, I miss stuff like North Kerbin with its' nukes. I miss building ICBMs and what not and flinging them at targets and actually seeing the apocalyptic aftermath. :(

Edited by NodokaHanamura

4 hours ago, NodokaHanamura said:

Well, disabling a tank and bursting through layers of armour and destroying it is different.

Edited by Xd the great

8 hours ago, NodokaHanamura said:

I know that, I'm just putting out my two cents on it. If you like it, that's fine. I'm not wanting to stop you - far from it. If anything, I miss stuff like North Kerbin with its' nukes. I miss building ICBMs and what not and flinging them at targets and actually seeing the apocalyptic aftermath. :(

I created some nukes, hope you like it.

Have you guys fixed the occurrence where 2 or more AI's pick the same target when there are other enemy's who pose a larger threat in the latest release?

It really got on my nerves in the previous release (1.2.2.2)

Edited by Hojoz
Wasn't clear enough

@Hojoz It isn't really a bug, if the A.I decides to attack that fighter plane instead of the bomber, then that is their choice. You can't blame the A.I., they weren't made for super tactical target picking.

8 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

@Hojoz It isn't really a bug, if the A.I decides to attack that fighter plane instead of the bomber, then that is their choice. You can't blame the A.I., they weren't made for super tactical target picking.

Thanks for answering. 

It'll surely be less annoying seeing as nearly all the other things that bugged me have been fixed in the newest release. 

11 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

On a seperate note, this might be a good development, labelling individual craft as high/medium/low threat for each seperate craft in a GI.

On 11/21/2018 at 2:23 PM, Xd the great said:

On a seperate note, this might be a good development, labelling individual craft as high/medium/low threat for each seperate craft in a GI.

This should be calculated using weapons detected on that enemy craft and their distance from your craft.
If enemy weapon range is higher than your it is "high" priority target, if it is lower then "low".

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

This should be calculated using weapons detected on that enemy craft and their distance from your craft.
If enemy weapon range is higher than your it is "high" priority target, if it is lower then "low".

I suggest a new UI on the weapons manager, tagging the craft as bomber/fighter/interceptor/AA gun/SAMbatteries/tank/tank destroyer/others.

Bombers will always be engaged first, tank destroyers too.

3 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Currently, no. But it is something that all of us would like to see :)

I would like to see my bombers shooting out enemy aircraft while bombing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.