[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

I don't know if you guys are still taking ideas for additions to this awesome mod, but I have found a weapon that might be of interest for the next update.

It's called the AGM-12, a fast joystick controlled air-to-ground missile from the Vietnam War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-12_Bullpup

300px-AGM-12D_Bullpup_missile_on_display

It seems perfect, as it would be its own craft with a remote control, rocket engine, and winglets that you could pilot yourself until it hits the ground. Just a suggestion if you are looking for more ideas.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:08 AM, Xd the great said:

Seems...no? I fired a missile and shot it down with a omillennium. The shots missed did not explode at proximity. @jrodriguez

Hmm, I'll have to test myself. It may have been a code change?

I know one of my weapons need the air burst setting on it and seeing no air burst working is weird as it used to work.

Edited by lancefoxcia
Double post accident

2 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

I know one of my weapons need the air burst setting on it and seeing no air burst working is weird as it used to work.

Also, on this topic, the max detonation range does not seem to be functioning properly. I have a turret with max engagement range, max targetting range and max detonation distance set at 8000, but the bullets lose interest in flying at around 3500.

10 hours ago, Hotdiggitydog said:

I don't know if you guys are still taking ideas for additions to this awesome mod, but I have found a weapon that might be of interest for the next update.

It's called the AGM-12, a fast joystick controlled air-to-ground missile from the Vietnam War.

It seems perfect, as it would be its own craft with a remote control, rocket engine, and winglets that you could pilot yourself until it hits the ground. Just a suggestion if you are looking for more ideas.

Such a missile can be built with the module missile manager.

On 11/23/2018 at 1:07 PM, Wolf123 said:

Was the AI aiming of fixed guns fixed this update? Even with version 1.2.3.0 in ksp 1.5.1, they still cannot hit the target if it is flying straight or maneuvering slightly, the lead is always a little low. 

It should be fixed. Theorectically. I think that the code did not take into account gravity drop of bullet/lift of target.

13 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

10 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Also, on this topic, the max detonation range does not seem to be functioning properly. I have a turret with max engagement range, max targetting range and max detonation distance set at 8000, but the bullets lose interest in flying at around 3500.

This a code example of the Quad 40 Bofors from SMArmory

You need this properties on the weapon cfg to make it air detonation on proximity.

airDetonation = true
    airDetonationTiming = true
    maxEffectiveDistance = 7150
    defaultAirDetonationRange = 3200
    maxAirDetonationRange = 7150

1 hour ago, Wolf123 said:

Is the ai able to hit targets with fixed guns in your game? 

No, not even with turrets. My goalkeepers aim under the missile.

12 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

You need this properties on the weapon cfg to make it air detonation on proximity.

airDetonation = true

Ah thanks. More booms incoming.

Edited by Xd the great

I also wonder, when I look into the cfg files I see a cfg for "Sabot" and a "HE" in the Abrams cannon folders, do these have any meaning?

14 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

airDetonation = true

Well. That means my AA abrams cannons just got a lot more effective

2 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

I also wonder, when I look into the cfg files I see a cfg for "Sabot" and a "HE" in the Abrams cannon folders, do these have any meaning?

Well. That means my AA abrams cannons just got a lot more effective

HE means high explosive. In other words, suitable for AA guns, not suitable for armour piercing.

13 hours ago, Xd the great said:

HE means high explosive. In other words, suitable for AA guns, not suitable for armour piercing.

I know that, but ingame I see no options or anything to switch the abrams around from HE to Sabot or anything like that. It's just in the CFG, and I was wondering what it's doing there.

4 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

I know that, but ingame I see no options or anything to switch the abrams around from HE to Sabot or anything like that. It's just in the CFG, and I was wondering what it's doing there.

You need to switch the HE to sabot in the resource\ammo cfg i believe.

5 hours ago, Hotdiggitydog said:

But would it not be easier and look cleaner to have it as one part? Especially because it is based off of real life ordnance.

A radio guided bomb/missile may be nice, and would be more versatile than other types of agms. Especially if your craft is designed to not have radar/laser guidance, and you are hitting a running target. Why would an AI caapable of flying remotely and engage in air fights by flying straight and fring its guns at the enemy not be able to use its "sight" to bomb?

Edited by Xd the great

On 11/24/2018 at 8:12 PM, jrodriguez said:

airDetonation = true

Also, even with this, there is no proximity detonation on my weapons. Bullets that fly past are still not blowing up.

On 11/23/2018 at 9:04 PM, Hotdiggitydog said:

I like that, I would also like more space-weapons.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.