[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

On 12/31/2018 at 11:02 PM, TheKurgan said:

It looks like it does.

In the cfg file, on line 87, I see airDetonation = true

Well, does this mean that the ai will automatically try to explode the bullet near the plane? 

Because it does not.

I just tested it.

Bullet still explodes, but not near the plane.

I used the Millennium gun.

And can rockets target flying targets?

Edited by Xd the great

4 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Well, does this mean that the ai will automatically try to explode the bullet near the plane? 

I'll let you into a secret,  it doesn't really work that well and aside from sporadic incidents, which some of us have been lucky enough to capture on video, never has,  it generally works as you describe with the shells exploding at the default detonation range.

Spoiler

14 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'll let you into a secret,  it doesn't really work that well and aside from sporadic incidents, which some of us have been lucky enough to capture on video, never has,  it generally works as you describe with the shells exploding at the default detonation range.

Reveal hidden contents

Would it be possible that this can be fixed?

3 hours ago, Cassel said:

Only I have error "BDA won't work, missing module manager"? While I have module manager.

You sure that error says Module Manager?

Is it possible it could be Physics Range Extender?

My apologies if I'm wrong :)

Edited by TheKurgan
Had coffee... less grumpy.

There's an issue that I had since KSP 1.4.5 (I skipped 1.5, and just started playing KSP 1.6) where after choosing a missile, such as the PAC-3, the turret starts to follow the mouse. However, regardless of the option "Auto-Return" being enabled or disabled, the turret still follows the mouse, even after choosing a different weapon, or choosing no weapon. When Auto-Return is disabled,  the option to return turret does not show up on the last selected missile turret. The turret stops following only if another missile turret (having the module MissileTurret) is chosen, which exhibits the same problem again. Also, the turret stops following the mouse only after running out of the loaded missiles, not when unequiping the missiles.

Edited by o24UK42o

12 hours ago, Cassel said:

Only I have error "BDA won't work, missing module manager"? While I have module manager.

Which version of Module Manager did you get?

2 hours ago, o24UK42o said:

There's an issue that I had since KSP 1.4.5 (I skipped 1.5, and just started playing KSP 1.6) where after choosing a missile, such as the PAC-3, the turret starts to follow the mouse. However, regardless of the option "Auto-Return" being enabled or disabled, the turret still follows the mouse, even after choosing a different weapon, or choosing no weapon. When Auto-Return is disabled,  the option to return turret does not show up on the last selected missile turret. The turret stops following only if another missile turret (having the module MissileTurret) is chosen, which exhibits the same problem again. Also, the turret stops following the mouse only after running out of the loaded missiles, not when unequiping the missiles.

I think it is not a bug but a feature.

1 hour ago, o24UK42o said:

Well then, if it is a feature, it kinda bothers me, I wish there was a way to turn it off :/ 

Have the radar/laser lock onto something and slave turrets.

Ctrl B to open settings. See if there is something called mouse aim?

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

ModuleManager.3.1.1

Is that the correct version for your game? Any duplicated copies?

53 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Have the radar/laser lock onto something and slave turrets.

The interesting thing is, the slave turrets function won't work properly either, especially in guard mode. What I'm trying to do is create a radar site and position Patriot launchers around the KSC with Radar Data Receivers on them. However, the Patriots won't track the target, and there is no shown lock on the receiver, until I fire a missile manually (without locking). The turret then starts to behave properly. I have tried with a clean install of BDArmory and KSP 1.6, but still it wouldnt work.

EDIT: Upon thorough testing, I could not get the parts with module MissileTurret to work reliably with Guard Mode. The turret just doesn't want to move. Sometimes it won't move at all, and sometimes it moves ever so slightly. Sometimes, when Guard Mode has selected a surface-to-air missile, the boresight indicator won't even show up. I can only use missiles mounted on stationary parts, I guess :( 

Edited by o24UK42o

50 minutes ago, o24UK42o said:

The interesting thing is, the slave turrets function won't work properly either, especially in guard mode. What I'm trying to do is create a radar site and position Patriot launchers around the KSC with Radar Data Receivers on them. However, the Patriots won't track the target, and there is no shown lock on the receiver, until I fire a missile manually (without locking). The turret then starts to behave properly. I have tried with a clean install of BDArmory and KSP 1.6, but still it wouldnt work.

EDIT: Upon thorough testing, I could not get the parts with module MissileTurret to work reliably with Guard Mode. The turret just doesn't want to move. Sometimes it won't move at all, and sometimes it moves ever so slightly. Sometimes, when Guard Mode has selected a surface-to-air missile, the boresight indicator won't even show up. I can only use missiles mounted on stationary parts, I guess :( 

Does the radar sight have a lock? Do the patriots engage air?

What are the yaw and pitch settings of the turret?

Is the patriot connected via the radar link?

How about using jeans and aim 120s?

18 minutes ago, Cassel said:

It doesn't matter, even if I start game with command from console there is still same error.

Should we try the nuke option?

43 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Does the radar sight have a lock? Do the patriots engage air?

What are the yaw and pitch settings of the turret?

Is the patriot connected via the radar link?

How about using jeans and aim 120s?

Radars do have lock, and PAC-3 missiles loaded in the Patriot launcher do engage air (confirmed, works without guard mode; as I said, Data Receiver only locks target after blank firing the first missile, even after manually locking the target on the radar vessel)

Pitch and Yaw settings are at default, maxed out

Patriot is connected via data link

Other missiles act the same way

Question: I have two vessels, one with a TWS radar, and other with Patriot+Data Receiver. Am I supposed to enable guard mode on both or just one (I have tried both, achieved confusing results, I just want to know which way is the right way)

Question 2: Do I have to link both vessels' radars to each other or only Data Receiver to TWS or vice versa? (also tried both, with varying results)

EDIT: Upon more testing, I have discovered that after the very first lock, the connection between the Data Receiver and TWS Radar must be severed and the reconnected for proper function of the Guard Mode with Radar guided missiles. Testing were performed under these conditions:

1. Guard mode active only on Patriot vessel

2. Data Receiver linked to TWS only, not both linked to each other

I guess I can't rely on the Data Receiver; I'm gonna have to put a radar on each launcher vessel :P 

Edited by o24UK42o

11 hours ago, Xd the great said:

I think it is not a bug but a feature.

Also, look what I found:

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/613

This, in fact, is a bug that has been addressed 6 days ago on the Issues page on GitHub. I hope this gets patched for 1.4.5, I'm moving back to that version. Many 1.6 mods are too buggy to use for me :P 

23 minutes ago, o24UK42o said:

Also, look what I found:

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/613

This, in fact, is a bug that has been addressed 6 days ago on the Issues page on GitHub. I hope this gets patched for 1.4.5, I'm moving back to that version. Many 1.6 mods are too buggy to use for me :P 

Hmm. That one is for ksp v 1.5.1, so I am not sure if it was fixed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.