[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

3 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Well, unless your target is a missile, the pac-3 will not engage ir.

Right click on the pac-3 and set it to engage air, if your target is a plane.

Well I'll try it's a little later and misleading results.

4 hours ago, Briso said:

It's not worked.

Hi you'll have to define " It's not worked.  "  a little clearer.   The missile by default is set up to engage Air and Ground targets, (although i question its usefulness in this latter role)  It's not set up to engage missiles as the missile itself is not  really fast enough.  
I've just tested the patriot launcher and the Pac 3 missiles , using the same radar and it works, worth noting though that IF the target is flying the holding loop around KSC  at more than 2000 mtrs then the window of opportunity for the launcher to fire is very small, the turret has a maximum pitch of 65 degrees, if the target is outside this range the AI will not fire the missile ( It is a known BDA bug) you will be able to manually fire the missile.

Having watched your video several times i suspect it's not the turret thats bugged but either your craft , does it have a probe core or similar if it does, is it the right way up, I see no indication of a cmd core in your video. or the install of BDA, as once you selected guard mode the radar and turret  should have activated , which it did not.

Spoiler

Video, note the long pause before the missile is fired, this is due to the Patriot launcher being unable to pitch up a few more degrees,

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi you'll have to define " It's not worked.  "  a little clearer.   The missile by default is set up to engage Air and Ground targets, (although i question its usefulness in this latter role)  It's not set up to engage missiles as the missile itself is not  really fast enough.  
I've just tested the patriot launcher and the Pac 3 missiles , using the same radar and it works, worth noting though that IF the target is flying the holding loop around KSC  at more than 2000 mtrs then the window of opportunity for the launcher to fire is very small, the turret has a maximum pitch of 65 degrees, if the target is outside this range the AI will not fire the missile ( It is a known BDA bug) you will be able to manually fire the missile.

Having watched your video several times i suspect it's not the turret thats bugged but either your craft , does it have a probe core or similar if it does, is it the right way up, I see no indication of a cmd core in your video. or the install of BDA, as once you selected guard mode the radar and turret  should have activated , which it did not.

Reveal hidden contents

Video, note the long pause before the missile is fired, this is due to the Patriot launcher being unable to pitch up a few more degrees,

This video is not mine, but for clarity, I can record my own. I do not use Pac-3 as a ground target or to engage other missiles. My plane flies at an altitude of 500 meters, which does not allow the patriot to raise the installation to 65 degrees. (rises to about 35 degrees). The speed of the aircraft 200 m/s . Probe available. If you need can make a video.

4 hours ago, Briso said:

This video is not mine, but for clarity, I can record my own. I do not use Pac-3 as a ground target or to engage other missiles. My plane flies at an altitude of 500 meters, which does not allow the patriot to raise the installation to 65 degrees. (rises to about 35 degrees). The speed of the aircraft 200 m/s . Probe available. If you need can make a video.

Yeah, we need a video. Do you have weapons manager on the plane? And also AI pilot?

5 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Yeah, we need a video. Do you have weapons manager on the plane? And also AI pilot?

Let's get one thing straight. The Manager of the weapon stands on the plane and on the patriot. Ai autopilot should be installed on the aircraft. Without it, nothing will work ? I put it down after a while and all I got was 2 shots at my plane. After a reboot I have again a patriot was shot. In General, I still do video. Maybe I'm in something wrong.

1 hour ago, Briso said:

Let's get one thing straight. The Manager of the weapon stands on the plane and on the patriot. Ai autopilot should be installed on the aircraft. Without it, nothing will work ? I put it down after a while and all I got was 2 shots at my plane. After a reboot I have again a patriot was shot. In General, I still do video. Maybe I'm in something wrong.

Yeah we need a video. Please show us every interface of the mod.

What is the burst length and firing interval and missiles per target on the pac-3 launcher?

56 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Your launcher needs a probe core or some form of command module and it needs to be correctly aligned,  your launcher appears to think it's upside down and this will affect BDA ai's performance

I have a command module installed. But I will try to change the design.

It is located in the place of the alleged cabin for kerbals

Edited by Briso

3 minutes ago, Briso said:

But I will try to change the design

It also looks from your video at 0:53 , as if some of the launch tubes are obscured by that 2x2 structure, if any of the tubes that contain missiles are obscured it will trigger the clearance check, and that will be applied to the whole launcher, clearance check prevents you shooting your own craft.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.