[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

@FleshJeb you are technically correct, which, I guess, is the best kind of correct. :)

The function produces only one side of a gaussian distribution (or the absolute value of it), which is misleading given it's name.

However, in the `GaussianDirectionDeviation` above it, we're picking a random direction (-180 to 180 degrees), which you can think of as picking a direction from 0 to 180 and then multiplying by -1 50% of the time, and the -1 gives us a nice gaussian distribution again. :)

I'll get it fixed anyway (unless you want to do a pull request yourself?) ;)

That said, this produces the wrong bullet distribution anyway. In reality the deviation is normal in any direction orthogonal to the firing line, however that make the distance from center not normal, but normal squared (aka chi-square with 2 degrees of freedom aka rayleigh). It's getting fixed in the next version.

@Eidahlil Ha, I should have spotted that.

Statistics is really not my strong point. My analyses involve FWN (Fooling With Numbers) and trying to figure out the implications. Still, I think I see what you’re getting at.

Is your proposed solution 2pi and 0-180?

Please, go ahead and fix it. I don’t really have the time.

Thanks for following up, and the explanation. :) I’m really just in this to figure out the relative effectiveness of guns (I sort of understand the damage model), so that I can produce a rational point-buy system for competitions.

16 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

@Eidahlil Ha, I should have spotted that.

Statistics is really not my strong point. My analyses involve FWN (Fooling With Numbers) and trying to figure out the implications. Still, I think I see what you’re getting at.

Is your proposed solution 2pi and 0-180?

Please, go ahead and fix it. I don’t really have the time.

Thanks for following up, and the explanation. :) I’m really just in this to figure out the relative effectiveness of guns (I sort of understand the damage model), so that I can produce a rational point-buy system for competitions.

I'd love to see a statistic that helps you with gun balancing for a competition. It'd save me and others some time. 

Hi, im experimenting with reloadablerail module and some custom missile launchers, is there any way to change default number of reloads in config file (or in some other way)? If not, are you planning to develop it further (maybe adding possibility to set reload limit, autoreload, without action group and reload limit per minute)? There is soooo much potential in this thing.

Edited by L0ck0n

6 hours ago, L0ck0n said:

Hi, im experimenting with reloadablerail module and some custom missile launchers, is there any way to change default number of reloads in config file (or in some other way)? If not, are you planning to develop it further (maybe adding possibility to set reload limit, autoreload, without action group and reload limit per minute)? There is soooo much potential in this thing.

There is no way to make the bdac rails reloadable.

try this: (shameless self promotion incoming)

12 hours ago, Xd the great said:

There is no way to make the bdac rails reloadable.

try this: (shameless self promotion incoming)

Thx, but im thinking about my custom reloadable missile rails made by me. I would like to set maximum number of reloads, its hard-coded in bda?

I have noticed something, and I'll likely post in the github. Bullets tend to fly faster the farther there the target is. 

A bullet going 775 m/s should hit a target going about roughly less than 700m/s at 2.5km.
However a test I conducted showed that a 775 m/s bullet reaching the target at 2.5km going 1018m/s

I conducted another very close target test (25Meters) showing that it hits at 779 m/s

and another last test. 7.4km away hitting at 1223 m/s

15 minutes ago, lancefoxcia said:

I have noticed something, and I'll likely post in the github. Bullets tend to fly faster the farther there the target is. 

A bullet going 775 m/s should hit a target going about roughly less than 700m/s at 2.5km.
However a test I conducted showed that a 775 m/s bullet reaching the target at 2.5km going 1018m/s

I conducted another very close target test (25Meters) showing that it hits at 779 m/s

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

Did you take into account the effect of gravity?

On 3/6/2019 at 3:23 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

@L0ck0n I mean, why not just put limited ammo? That's technically limited reloads

You can do it in normal bda turret, like s-8 launcher

For example:

RESOURCE

{
  name = S-8KOMRocket
  amount = 23
  maxAmount = 23
}

But reloadablerail module works different. Reloadablerail reloads missile attached to it in game. Sadly you cant set "amount" of reloads in reloadablerail.

On 3/10/2019 at 6:07 AM, Jebediah26 said:

Is there any addons that add more radars?

Pretty much most addons add radars. 

16 hours ago, Javelius said:

HI! It work with KSP 1.6.1? 
Do u know about other addons fro this mod that work with 1.6.1?

Yes the mod works with ksp v 1.6.1

On 3/10/2019 at 11:55 AM, Chris Bolland said:

Can anyone explain why the BDArmory green bomb sight disappears above 4500 meters?

Is there any way to fix it? I've been looking into high altitude bombing. like 7000-8000 meters.

That depends on the bomb range, guidance time and whatnot.

Uh, guys?

Are Wing Connectors supposed to have massive amounts of hitpoints? A Wing Connector B has 1400, a Wing Connector C has 700.

In comparison, Structural Wings and most other wing-type surfaces are only ~100. A massive Delta Wing only has 200.

The only other exceptions being the control surfaces with ~750 hitpoints.

8 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Uh, guys?

Are Wing Connectors supposed to have massive amounts of hitpoints? A Wing Connector B has 1400, a Wing Connector C has 700.

In comparison, Structural Wings and most other wing-type surfaces are only ~100. A massive Delta Wing only has 200.

The only other exceptions being the control surfaces with ~750 hitpoints.

The hitpoint formula is very generic, it calculates the hitpoints based on the mass and size of the part.

There is not logic to say that a Wing Connector has X points. 

If you want to know more regarding how the HP are calculated you can take a look to the code here:
https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDAMultiplayer/blob/367e809bae656fc9950ef1c03d9d67471941af44/BDArmory.Core/Module/HitpointTracker.cs#L175

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

The hitpoint formula is very generic, it calculates the hitpoints based on the mass and size of the part.

There is not logic to say that a Wing Connector has X points. 

If you want to know more regarding how the HP are calculated you can take a look to the code here:
https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDAMultiplayer/blob/367e809bae656fc9950ef1c03d9d67471941af44/BDArmory.Core/Module/HitpointTracker.cs#L175

It's too early in the morning for me, so do you think you can explain how it thus mathematically computes that a Structural Wing Type B, which is dimensionally half of a Wing Connector Type B, does not have half of its hitpoints?

1 minute ago, Box of Stardust said:

It's too early in the morning for me, so do you think you can explain how it thus mathematically computes that a Structural Wing Type B, which is dimensionally half of a Wing Connector Type B, does not have half of its hitpoints?

We have found situations where a part that seems to be half the size of the other has actually  a much bigger "bounds" internally for Unity.
Also the other way around where a part has a smaller size but actually the mass is very high for such a small object.

I can not tell you which is the case for that specific part. If you want to change the hitpoints value for a part you can always create a MMPatch for it.

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

We have found situations where a part that seems to be half the size of the other has actually  a much bigger "bounds" internally for Unity.
Also the other way around where a part has a smaller size but actually the mass is very high for such a small object.

I can not tell you which is the case for that specific part. If you want to change the hitpoints value for a part you can always create a MMPatch for it.

Ah, okay. Interesting.

I've noticed 2 things with Procedural BD missiles Air to Air missiles (AAM)

1. They don't lead the target, not Radar nor HEAT (Just fly directly at it, or only give like 10-20% of the needed lead)

2. Radar missile for some reason always want to go into horizontal flight before they actually go for the target

Edited by Skyer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.