[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

then this happened...

Spoiler

PartLoader: Part 'XD horrible weapons pack/Parts/Better goalkeeper turret/GoalKeeperBDAcMk1/GoalKeeperXDFlak' has no database record. Creating.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'GoalKeeperXDFlak'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BDArmory.Modules.ModuleWeapon.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 4218 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 3cf0 -> priority: 1 
MiniAVC -> Starter was destroyed.

I've asked this before (to no response) but, what is the possibility that there will be a rotating platform for players to build their own cannons and AA guns on? (armor and cannon). Similar to the rotating pads in Infernal Robotics.
My thought is it would have two joints and tracking would be based off of where the head would be firing if it was a weapon (like the missile platforms already in the game), and to make personalized tank main guns be able to change where the second joint sits on the pad (aka offset it forward/back, up/down, right/left) as to make any main gun from real life, from Abrams to KV-2 to T-18 LT. (and auto disable all gimbal on weapons attached to this as to stop over compensation and massive wobbling)

If something like this was in the mod then players could make and share their own cannons, platforms, artillery and ship cannons without modders needing to model every single type of gun. (like North Kerbin Dynamics and here with the Abrams already do)

3 minutes ago, SYDWAD said:

I've asked this before (to no response)

If you want to leave a track of your feature request, I would recommend to add it here:  https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues . However, we already have like  literally dozens of feature request and enhancements which will not get implemented unless a new full team of developers suddenly decide to join BDA team :)

4 hours ago, SYDWAD said:

I've asked this before (to no response) but, what is the possibility that there will be a rotating platform for players to build their own cannons and AA guns on? (armor and cannon). Similar to the rotating pads in Infernal Robotics.
My thought is it would have two joints and tracking would be based off of where the head would be firing if it was a weapon (like the missile platforms already in the game), and to make personalized tank main guns be able to change where the second joint sits on the pad (aka offset it forward/back, up/down, right/left) as to make any main gun from real life, from Abrams to KV-2 to T-18 LT. (and auto disable all gimbal on weapons attached to this as to stop over compensation and massive wobbling)

If something like this was in the mod then players could make and share their own cannons, platforms, artillery and ship cannons without modders needing to model every single type of gun. (like North Kerbin Dynamics and here with the Abrams already do)

Hi as a basic thing this can be done right now with a (if it still works) Infernal Robotics rotatron, a reaction wheel and the gun of your choice.  However its barely passable,  can't be controlled by AI and cant track a target. This is because that (since day 1 of BDA) in BDA the weapon is the master, not the turret,  the turret itself has no sensing whatsoever, it cant tell if it's moving or  how far it moved if it has, all this info, which is vital to turret function is derived from the weapons fire transform. 

I'd imagine that to pull off this often requested feature a whole new a separate turret system would be required, it has to be standalone so as not to introduce more issues to the already heavily taxed system. Whether or not it could be derived form the current system isn't for me to say,  but from my understanding of the code it looks a though it'd be easier to start from scratch. As for separating pitch and yaw and then somehow linking the two disparate parts to the AI,  I think as JR mentions, unless BDA gets an influx of unity familiar coders then it will remain on the wishlist forever

13 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi as a basic thing this can be done right now with a (if it still works) Infernal Robotics rotatron, a reaction wheel and the gun of your choice.  However its barely passable,  can't be controlled by AI and cant track a target. This is because that (since day 1 of BDA) in BDA the weapon is the master, not the turret,  the turret itself has no sensing whatsoever, it cant tell if it's moving or  how far it moved if it has, all this info, which is vital to turret function is derived from the weapons fire transform. 

I'd imagine that to pull off this often requested feature a whole new a separate turret system would be required, it has to be standalone so as not to introduce more issues to the already heavily taxed system. Whether or not it could be derived form the current system isn't for me to say,  but from my understanding of the code it looks a though it'd be easier to start from scratch. As for separating pitch and yaw and then somehow linking the two disparate parts to the AI,  I think as JR mentions, unless BDA gets an influx of unity familiar coders then it will remain on the wishlist forever

my thought is as a starter it would just be like the missile mounts, im not sure how the system knows where to lead a target based off of the missile info but i thought it would be similar to that but with the guns.
If that isn't possible than even a system you could attach parts to that points to where you put the cursor and the gun itself does all the leading would be better than nothing. I would assume that would work because guns still work when you rotate them with infernal robotics.
I have no idea on the feasibility but a gun thats like the howitzer that you can adjust stats on that resizes based on them (like more firepower thicker minimum barrel and armor, more accuracy longer barrel etc.) would be great by itself but better with a mount.

(EDIT) having the guns so the leading not the mount would only look strange for REALLY long distances, so i think it would be perfectly fine

Edited by SYDWAD
added something

21 hours ago, gbem said:

anyone know ModuleMissileRearm works? i cant seem to make it run in my tests :/

Here buddy, try this. Bdac does not have the module missile rearm relavant parts.

22 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Anybody have a workaround for the several mods that dont have their own part categories since the BDPartModule has been removed and all weapons no longer show in the BD tab?

Use advance part search, using the module/tech level tabs.

On 12/29/2018 at 12:13 PM, SYDWAD said:

my thought is as a starter it would just be like the missile mounts, im not sure how the system knows where to lead a target based off of the missile info but i thought it would be similar to that but with the guns.
If that isn't possible than even a system you could attach parts to that points to where you put the cursor and the gun itself does all the leading would be better than nothing. I would assume that would work because guns still work when you rotate them with infernal robotics.
I have no idea on the feasibility but a gun thats like the howitzer that you can adjust stats on that resizes based on them (like more firepower thicker minimum barrel and armor, more accuracy longer barrel etc.) would be great by itself but better with a mount.

(EDIT) having the guns so the leading not the mount would only look strange for REALLY long distances, so i think it would be perfectly fine

I tried mounting guns on the missile mount for fun. The guns did not rotate with the mount for some reason. I guess some code can be added to the guns with moduleweapon, just like the rotational codes for modulemissile.

Hi all,

A new release has been published. You can find it here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.2.4.0

v1.2.4

• NEW FEATURES:
    • Weapons groups - different weapons firing in parallel(thanks to @SuicidalInsanity)
  • ENHANCEMENTS:
    • Recompiled for KSP 1.6.0
  • FIXES
    • Fixing modular missiles roll correction.
    • Fixing modular missiles stage on proximity.
    • Fixing Hipoints for mods like AirplanePlus #598

On 12/29/2018 at 9:03 AM, TMasterson5 said:

Anybody have a workaround for the several mods that dont have their own part categories since the BDPartModule has been removed and all weapons no longer show in the BD tab?

Owners of those mods would like to get in touch I can supply them with  see  spoiler below containing the source for the unique category creation, it's very simple easy to understand C# , must be as even i can mod it to suit anything. :lol: Plenty of tutorials available on these forums and google on how to set up a basic C# script in VisualStudio,  if i can do it anyone can

Spoiler

using KSP.UI.Screens;
using RUI.Icons.Selectable;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.IO;
using System.Reflection;
using UnityEngine;
/*Note  for icons.  This script expects the icons to be located in MyCoolModName/plugins (eg BobsBoomsticks/Plugins) and the the icon name be formatted as follows MyCoolModName _normal.png which is the unselected icon, and MyCoolModName_selected.png which is the selected in editor icon. For working example see BDAc or any SM mod in game*/

namespace MyCoolClassName /*Namespace change to suit your own mod  eg BobsBoomsticks */
{

[KSPAddon(KSPAddon.Startup.MainMenu, true)]
    public class MyCoolModFilter  : BaseFilter/*  change MyCoolModFilter  for the name of your choice, must be unique eg BobsBoomsticksFilter*/
    {
        protected override string Manufacturer
        {
            get { return "MyCoolModName"; }  /* the name of your part manufacturing company, this is how parts are selected to go in your category  eg BobsBoomsticks*/
            set { }
        }
        protected override string categoryTitle
        {
            get { return "MyCoolModName"; } /* the SHORT name of your part manufacturing company, this displays in the editor eg BBS*/
            set { }
        }
    }

public abstract class BaseFilter : MonoBehaviour
    {
        private readonly List<AvailablePart> parts = new List<AvailablePart>();
        internal string category = "Filter by function";
        internal bool filter = true;
        protected abstract string Manufacturer { get; set; }
        protected abstract string categoryTitle { get; set; }

void Awake()
        {
            parts.Clear();
            var count = PartLoader.LoadedPartsList.Count;
            for(int i = 0; i < count; ++i)
            {
                var avPart = PartLoader.LoadedPartsList[i];
                if (!avPart.partPrefab) continue;
                if (avPart.manufacturer == Manufacturer)
                {
                    parts.Add(avPart);
                }
            }

print(categoryTitle + "  Filter Count: " + parts.Count);
            if (parts.Count > 0)
                GameEvents.onGUIEditorToolbarReady.Add(SubCategories);
        }

private bool EditorItemsFilter(AvailablePart avPart)
        {
            return parts.Contains(avPart);
        }

private void SubCategories()
        {
            var icon = GenIcon(categoryTitle);
            var filter = PartCategorizer.Instance.filters.Find(f => f.button.categorydisplayName == "#autoLOC_453547");//change for 1.3.1
            PartCategorizer.AddCustomSubcategoryFilter(filter, categoryTitle, categoryTitle, icon, EditorItemsFilter);
        }

private Icon GenIcon(string iconName)
        {
            var normIcon = new Texture2D(64, 64, TextureFormat.RGBA32, false);
            var normIconFile = Path.Combine(Path.GetDirectoryName(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location), iconName + "_normal.png");
            normIcon.LoadImage(File.ReadAllBytes(normIconFile));

var selIcon = new Texture2D(64, 64, TextureFormat.RGBA32, false);
            var selIconFile = Path.Combine(Path.GetDirectoryName(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location), iconName + "_selected.png");
            selIcon.LoadImage(File.ReadAllBytes(selIconFile));

print("*****Adding icon for " + categoryTitle);
            var icon = new Icon(iconName + "Icon", normIcon, selIcon);
            return icon;
        }
    }

}

8 hours ago, Xd the great said:

I tried mounting guns on the missile mount for fun. The guns did not rotate with the mount for some reason. I guess some code can be added to the guns with moduleweapon, just like the rotational codes for modulemissile.

This is because  turret rotation is an animation, (even though it's  animated by code rather than a user created animation curve) no different then a cargo bay door , therefore any part attached to the  animated part is actually attached to the root node regardless of the position it is attached. There have been a few attempts to resolve this, animated attachment for example,  although we found that while it worked ish , it did cause other problems that affected the rest of BDAc's operation. Also to be taken into consideration is that its easier to make a functional combined  gun/ missile launcher and run it through unity  than it probably would be to code the changes required in order for a ml to carry guns. 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:25 AM, gbem said:

anyone know ModuleMissileRearm works? i cant seem to make it run in my tests :/

HI you need a properly set up missile rail or launcher  otherwise it wont work ( the launcher needs a uniquely named node/GameObject placed in unity) . Ideally  the first missile is attached by a node, rather than surface attach, and the first missile HAS to be attached in the hangar,  the user must make sure that the missile used fits the launcher properly and doesnt  clip through any part.  Subsequent missiles are loaded using the gui, automatically clipping to the surface attach node  and fired the normal way .

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

hmm ive already added a  name = ModuleMissileRearm module to the rail but my construct still fails to reload however.... do you happen to have a tutorial video on how to do this? ive also made a construct similar to XD the great`s construct... i think the only difference is i was using symmetry... this might be the issue but i cant conduct further testing until later...

regardless thanks fo rthe assist XD and spanner

ohh lastly anybody notice that space based bullets seem to be incapable of hitting targets in orbit at long ranges?
https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/617

7 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

A new release has been published. You can find it here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.2.4.0

Sent a PR about this, minor error correction with ripplefire code that I forgot to update the initial PR with earlier; apologies.
Most users probably won't notice it, but should get fixed at some point.

4 hours ago, gbem said:

hmm ive already added a  name = ModuleMissileRearm module to the rail but my construct still fails to reload however....

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

( the launcher needs a uniquely named node/GameObject placed in unity)

Sorry no tutorials available at this point.

6 hours ago, gbem said:

hmm ive already added a  name = ModuleMissileRearm module to the rail but my construct still fails to reload however.... do you happen to have a tutorial video on how to do this? ive also made a construct similar to XD the great`s construct... i think the only difference is i was using symmetry... this might be the issue but i cant conduct further testing until later...

regardless thanks fo rthe assist XD and spanner

ohh lastly anybody notice that space based bullets seem to be incapable of hitting targets in orbit at long ranges?
https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/617

You will need to make a new mesh for your rail.

Look into the modding forum for help.

My mod does have a rail that can reload, but well, you need my mod.

Using the HE-KV-1 missile, I've noticed that it's missing by ~100m consistently while the AIM-120, using the same guidance method, reliably hits (in atmo, at least). However, this is using version 1.2.0 on KSP v1.4.2, so it may have been fixed since - I'm currently working on setting up a 1.4.5 install to test in the latest release. I'll give an update when I get those results.

CORRECTION: seeing in the above replies that the latest version is for KSP v1.6.0, I'll be testing in that environment instead of 1.4.5.

Edited by Alex33212
Updating information

After more testing in the latest release, I can confirm that the HE-KV-1 missile is not properly functional. Upon launch, it immediately begins translating to the left while pointing at the target, and consistently misses targets. The AIM-120, which uses the same guidance method (SARH/F&F), does not attempt to either translate or rotate laterally.

14 minutes ago, Alex33212 said:

After more testing in the latest release, I can confirm that the HE-KV-1 missile is not properly functional. Upon launch, it immediately begins translating to the left while pointing at the target, and consistently misses targets.

I tuned it. Last time I tested it, it functioned PERFECTLY :)

It's a space missile... 

doesn't work in the atmosphere :P

Check video in spoiler.

Spoiler

Edited by TheKurgan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.