[1.12.x] BDArmory Continued v1.3.5 beta [1/29/2022] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

Papa_Joe

15 minutes ago, Skyer said:

I've noticed 2 things with Procedural BD missiles Air to Air missiles (AAM)

1. They don't lead the target, not Radar nor HEAT (Just fly directly at it, or only give like 10-20% of the needed lead)

2. Radar missile for some reason always want to go into horizontal flight before they actually go for the target

There is a lead time up to 8 seconds of the calculated time to impact.

I developed the guidance and that guidance is used for both Modular Missiles and normal missiles. Without the lead most part of the missiles will just miss to hit their targets.

Regarding 2. there is a parameter called min velocity I think. That means the missile will fly straight until it gets that velocity and then it will activate the guidance.

Edited by jrodriguez

Well problem is, my missiles do Indeed miss all the time, because they don't lead, in case you know for sure that one of these mods could be conflicting I'll write my modlist: B9 procedural wings, B9 parts, Procedural parts, FAR, KW Rocketery, kerbal foundry, Airplane plus, MK2 and mk3 stockalike expansions, BDarmory Vessel mover, BD modular missiles, Tweakscale, PRE, Procedural fairings.

(If anything brakes it I'd expect it being FAR)

I've also done a quick demonstration video of stuff not leading.

Edited by Skyer

9 minutes ago, Skyer said:

Well problem is, my missiles do Indeed miss all the time, because they don't lead, in case you know for sure that one of these mods could be conflicting I'll write my modlist: B9 procedural wings, B9 parts, Procedural parts, FAR, KW Rocketery, kerbal foundry, Airplane plus, MK2 and mk3 stockalike expansions, BDarmory Vessel mover, BD modular missiles, Tweakscale, PRE, Procedural fairings.

(If anything brakes it I'd expect it being FAR)

I've also done a quick demonstration video of stuff not leading.

Not sure if it will help but try the following:

- Check that max boresight is 360 degrees.

- Disable roll correction.

- Given that you are using FAR increase the authority of the fins to the max (I think is 40 or something like that)

- For AAM Missiles I suggest a min detonation range of 20-30 meters

Why doesn't it lead correctly when max boresight isn't 360?

Roll corection is off (What does it do anyways?)

and Detonation distance is 20m on that missile (35m blast radius on the warhead)

Edit: Putting boresight to 360 did make it lead, but why doesn't lead work when its set below? even the first AA missiles that had like 10° search cone did lead their targers

Edited by Skyer

13 minutes ago, Skyer said:

Edit: Putting boresight to 360 did make it lead, but why doesn't lead work when its set below? even the first AA missiles that had like 10° search cone did lead their targers

If I remember correctly, if during the flight the angle between the velocity  vector of the missile and the target vessel COM exceed the boresight angle the missile will not be able to keep the lock

4 minutes ago, Skyer said:

It was set to 90° and that was definetly not exceeded, even on G-A missiles where I had set max bore to 180° it still didn't lead

Maybe then there is an issue with the boresight angle.

Would you mind to report it on GitHub?

Thanks!

So I just did some more testing, to make sure that its really bugged and I found that 90° off bore doesn't lead, but 120° and above did lead and all missiles above 180° always want to align themselves to horizontal and only then track the target

That is just for Radar missiles so far

Edit: Heatseekers apear to track behind them even when I set max off bore to 100°

Edited by Skyer

I have a question. I have a ship with a laser. I try to sink the ship from the plane, but the laser keeps killing me. There's a way to reset the laser. Maybe something like an ecm silencer or countermeasures ? Or in short is there a way to protect against laser ?

Edited by Briso

5 hours ago, Briso said:

I have a question. I have a ship with a laser. I try to sink the ship from the plane, but the laser keeps killing me. There's a way to reset the laser. Maybe something like an ecm silencer or countermeasures ? Or in short is there a way to protect against laser ?

no, apart from armour. AKA a flying tank.

torpedoes or standoff missiles may be able to keep your plane out of the danger area. 

Just hope your laser does not shoot down the missiles.

1 hour ago, Briso said:

Ohhh, I put more than one laser. :confused:And they shoot down all the missiles that are approaching the ship. Even the torpedo through the water. :P

Is using subs to blow it up from beneath possible? Where the laser cannot shoot at you?

Or use the same laser to shoot at it.

Or use big cannons to shoot at it from afar.

Or rocket turrets.

5 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Is using subs to blow it up from beneath possible? Where the laser cannot shoot at you?

Or use the same laser to shoot at it.

Or use big cannons to shoot at it from afar.

Or rocket turrets.

I'll try it

20 hours ago, Xd the great said:

I am not sure, but you can define plane parts to be invisible to radar

Misleading that my test completed successfully. Thanks for the help. And yet it is a pity that there is not what coatings to make the plane invisible.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:15 PM, Briso said:

Misleading that my test completed successfully. Thanks for the help. And yet it is a pity that there is not what coatings to make the plane invisible.

But there is, via giving parts such coating capabilities:

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.2.4-ECM-configuration-&-stealth

Or do you envision it to work differently, and if so, how? 

On 3/16/2019 at 5:25 PM, Box of Stardust said:

What factors exactly determine the effectiveness of flares against Sidewinders? Amount? Position? Current craft engine heat/state? Any of these or none of these?

Position, angle, engine heat variation, and lots of luck... :)

Hello, I have been tinkering with BDAc and I just noticed something.

It seems that the AI does not use S-8KOM or Hydra Rocket Pods on a craft even if the only weapon mounted on it.

(I been able to try several crafts in dog-fights so the AI is working in general for me.)

Is this intended?

21 hours ago, TheDog said:

But there is, via giving parts such coating capabilities:

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.2.4-ECM-configuration-&-stealth

Or do you envision it to work differently, and if so, how? 

Position, angle, engine heat variation, and lots of luck... :)

Apparently this is about what I was looking for, namely paragraph: (As "stealth" parts which provide a low observability bonus (think stealth coating / radar absorbent material) for the whole craft.)

Thank you.:P

Red_Faster: Yes and no. The AI simply isn't coded to use non-turreted rocket class weapons at this time.

Chivalrous: Weapon groups are set in the VAB/SPH. After placing a gun, right-click on it. There is an button in the popup menu labeled 'Set Weapon Group UI'. Clicking it will open a sub-window allowing you to enter and save a custom name for the weapon. Repeat the process for every gun(using the same name) you want in the group.

3 hours ago, buddysWorld said:

Could I have a link to the latest version of BDArmoury?

You can find it in the original post. You can also find BDAc's requirement called PRE there. It extendes the physics range to allow for battles over larger distances. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.