Trigger SAS mode by action groups.

Geonovast

Is it possible to select the SAS mode with action groups?  I believe RPM can set the mode in IVA, so I'm thinking it's possible.  I'd like to use SmartParts to switch SAS mode, but it can't do it directly, as it just affects the action groups.  Assigning an SAS mode to an action group would be perfect.

I don't know if stock can be done with action groups, as I have always had MJ when trying this.  But, MJ Smart ASS can be triggered by action groups, which is just basically SAS on steroids.  Push comes to shove, if you need action group SAS, you can install MJ and run only that for your needs.

5 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I don't know if stock can be done with action groups, as I have always had MJ when trying this.  But, MJ Smart ASS can be triggered by action groups, which is just basically SAS on steroids.  Push comes to shove, if you need action group SAS, you can install MJ and run only that for your needs.

Yeah, I could go that route.  Would prefer not to, though.  I just managed to build a shuttle that brings ~40 tons to an 87k x 31k orbit pretty repeatably just by pushing the spacebar, but you also need to set SAS to prograde at 100m/s.  Having SmartParts trigger that would be more more precise than me doing it.

4 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I swear to god I am having the mental image of SP being able to control SAS, but then again, I could be just imagining it. 

It can turn the SAS action group off and on, but it can't set prograde, retrograde, normal.. etc.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.