variants?

40 minutes ago, Heroshrine said:

@Rocket In My Pocket When you click the arrow in the top left, you can look at all variants.

Yeah, those are the variants for the different parts, the number next to each tells you how many parts use that color variant.

You can also right click each part to see a list of variant colors it has access to.

Still not sure what you are missing here? Most likely you are seeing variants from the DLC (which I'm assuming you don't have?) in the global list?

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

1 hour ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Yeah, those are the variants for the different parts, the number next to each tells you how many parts use that color variant.

You can also right click each part to see a list of variant colors it has access to.

Still not sure what you are missing here? Most likely you are seeing variants from the DLC (which I'm assuming you don't have?) in the global list?

that may be it. what variants are only in dlc?

• 3 years later...

For some built-in variants (eg. in 2021 version of the game), you first

1) Place the part on the build screen, then

2) right-click the part to show it's options, then

3) hit the arrow on the bottom-right to change the variant.

Sorry I can;'t post an image to highlight the specific arrow - it's the bottom section of the popup window.

For example, the "poodle" engine can be switched between double-bell and single-bell variant.

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.