I'm looking for 1 more race driver...

Triop

I'm experimenting on holding some kind of race division that consist of 12  6 racers competing each other racing all over Kerbin.

The reason that I want 6 selected drivers is that I don't want it to turn into a circus.

Requirements

You have to:

- Have experience in driving rovers.

- Love to drive.

- Want to win.

- Play fair, no quicksaves during races.

If you think you can be the one, sign up in a comment and motivate why you would want to do this.

Selected drivers:

- Triop (me)

-purpleivan

-katateochi

-Klapaucius

-Azimech

- . . . . . . . .

Edited by Triop

6 hours ago, Triop said:

I'm experimenting on holding some kind of race division that consist of 12 racers competing each other racing all over Kerbin.

The reason that I want 12 selected drivers is that I don't want it to turn into a circus.

Requirements

You have to:

- Have experience in driving rovers.

- Love to drive.

- Want to win.

- Play fair, no quicksaves during races.

If you Think you can be one of those 12, sign up in a comment and motivate why you would want to do this.

Keen but work is about to get crazy. 

WHY?  I like straightforward challenges. Because I have a few hours here and there, races, sprints and other challenges that don't require lots of steps appeal. You can then add things on if you wish. 

What I think would be very cool is to challenge each of the 12 drivers to come up with a route and make a series out of it. One route a month? One a week?

I'm on a hiatus but short races every once in a while is a nice idea. The more rugged the terrain, the better IMHO. The only problem then is terrain detail, it's a totally different race for someone with low detail than high. 

Count me in!
Why....I just loving driving fast! and these challenges take you to places on Kerbin that otherwise you might never see.
(My only problem is that I keep getting the music from the need for speed games stuck in my head!)

As @purpleivan said, short sprints would be better to fit around RL constraints.

20 minutes ago, Azimech said:

The more rugged the terrain, the better IMHO

I think some rough terrain races would be good, but as it's a series of races, a mixture of terrain types would be more enjoyable; some v flat for insane speeds, some rough for careful navigation. 

I've got a couple suggestions;
Set the races as just between two points, and we can get the rover to the start point however we like and have a save at the start. 
We can try the race multiple times and submit our best time. But time submissions should be closed; ie we PM them to you rather than publicly posting them so we can't see how fast others are going. Then after the submission period you post all the times and declare the winner for that race.
The rover should have a part that can be decoupled, and it is decoupled before starting the race. Drivers have to take a screenshot showing the flight progress window (F3) at the start of the race and at the end of the race. Both screenshots should show the stage being separated and that will prove there was no quicksave/reload during the race.
I think we need clear rules about jet boosters (especially with the BFC mod out of commision).

I'm up for this- on the weekends of course. I've done a couple racing leagues- heck I write a story about racing. Count me in! (As soon as I finish the Dessert D- aw screw it, I'll just do it on my free time and not worry about time)

12 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

What I think would be very cool is to challenge each of the 12 drivers to come up with a route and make a series out of it. One route a month? One a week?

I like that idea.

I'd love to but I have to finish the Dessert Rally yet (issues and tissues in real life) so if I can finish the Rally in the near future count me in. If I can't.....well I'll leave this challenge to one of the 6 lucky participants. 

Edited by GDJ

37 minutes ago, GDJ said:

I'd love to but I have to finish the Dessert Rally yet (issues and tissues in real life) so if I can finish the Rally in the near future count me in. If I can't.....well I'll leave this challenge to one of the 6 lucky participants. 

You are in, check your inbox.

@Vanamonde could you please close this topic. ^_^

Edited by Triop