Do you play KSP only or are you into lots of games?

Klapaucius

I started with AD&D..  paper, pencils, dice plus some beverages...  pre computer age in the late 70's.  Didn't do much computer gaming..  Castle Wolfenstein, Doom, Myst were all fun. Really dove into MMORPG's late 90/2000's. EverQuest was the one me and friends jones'd on for years. We called it EverCrack. Then life got busy with other hobbies and interests. Heard about Kerbal about a year ago but my computers are on the old side and doubt any could run the program so didn't D/L it until last week. New laptop..  not top of the line but installed Linux Mint and reduced resolution it runs fine.

17 hours ago, SiriusRocketry said:

PS: Any Steam or other PC games anyone would recommend?

You liked Just Cause 3, and seem to not mind older games, so I'll suggest Just Cause 2. I found the story better (and the acting worse - which is a good thing) in 2 though you'll miss the wingsuit for sure. The parachute's a bit better in 2 (they nerfed it to make the wingsuit more of an upgrade). In a similar vein I bet you'd like Saints Row 3 and maybe 4. SR 3 is some of the goofiest stuff in gaming.

11 hours ago, Cazzojake said:

Currently I'm on and off with KSP. I've spent over 1000 hours staring at those little green men but I just can not get back into it. Its one of my all time favorite games but instead of playing 4-5 hours a day I spend that in a week now. I miss KSP

That's the way it goes.  Play something else - or real life (TM) - for a while and come back to KSP when the bug bites again.  Over 1,000 hours means you deserve a break!

I usually play one game exclusively for like 2 weeks before I get tired of it and play another one, which continues the cycle. But I’ll play Cities Skylines, Minecraft, FSX, ETS2, TF2, And a few other games that I play a little less often. But when my last PC died about 2 months ago, I got a cheaper $200 one. Some now Cities Skylines is basically unplayable and rest of them get about 10 less FPS. But with my first gaming PC I’m getting soon, I’ll probably get some more modern AAA games.

Well, I've caught the disease. The Steam queue is getting larger, so I have just decided this is my year of gaming. It is interesting to come from not doing it all all just over a year ago to now.  I'm trying a bunch of different games in widely different genres.

My newest thing: Assassin's Creed II.  Funnily, I chose this after reading an article about good games for learning foreign languages. I have been teaching myself Italian, and Assassin's Creed II comes with full Italian audio. It's a really fun way to immerse yourself--and in the case of this game, hearing Italian in a game set in Florence just makes sense.  I'm not really into combat, but the story is fun and the recreated city is pretty amazing.

I've also set my Civ V interface to Italian.  I did that a while back ago in KSP, but honestly, the vocabulary is too esoteric and actually makes both the game and language learning less fun.   I can't see when I am going to need to discuss MK-III cockpits while touring villages in Puglia.

I'm a bit rusty, but I am a huge fan of RTS games, especially Starcraft and League of Legends.  Before shifting my much of my attention to KSP I played League, and then Starcraft 2 competitively, having some minor success at the tournament scene before getting burned out.

I also play and teach chess, feel free to hit me up sometime if you want to play!  I also still occasionally play starcraft 2 if thats your style.

Edited by EvermoreAlpaca

I've been playing games since the atari 2600/arcade game 80's, but I consider myself in between casual and hardcore gaming these days. The last console I had was a gamecube, and these days only play a few select games in bursts, but I think it's a well rounded selection: KSP, Rimworld, Borderlands 2, Kingdom Rush series, Hollow Knight, I'm trying Cities:Skylines but the whole traffic thing is stressing me out :P

21 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Borderlands 2

Playing that right now!  Actually bought it for my nephew last weekend, so got in quite a bit of playing with a new player!

21 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

I'm trying Cities:Skylines but the whole traffic thing is stressing me out :P

Drove me nuts too until I found out that you can manually set if an intersection has stoplights or stopsigns, and you can pick which roads have stopsigns.  It got ... a little better.  I also build diverging diamonds for highway intersections whenever possible.

Edited by Geonovast

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 12:45 PM, EvermoreAlpaca said:

I'm a bit rusty, but I am a huge fan of RTS games, especially Starcraft and League of Legends.  Before shifting my much of my attention to KSP I played League, and then Starcraft 2 competitively, having some minor success at the tournament scene before getting burned out.

I also play and teach chess, feel free to hit me up sometime if you want to play!  I also still occasionally play starcraft 2 if thats your style.

I too love RTS games, but prefer the faster pace of the command and conquer series than starcraft, esepcially RA2 and Gens/ZH. I played the hell out of zero hour during undergrad and my grades might have suffered :/ I'm game for a chess match though, what do you use to play?

• 1 year later...

Well, my favorite game is WoW, it's a very creative game to me . Polymorphs, counterspells, hibernate, sap, blinds, fears, traps, cyclones, and then all of the other spells to counter those. No other MMO's combat has fulfilled my imagination like WoW has. All other MMOs seem very bland and depend on high speed action combat to be good.

I have, what i call, KSP relapses from time to time. During these periods, I'm totally hooked again on KSP and there is no room for other games. Most of the time I get a new idea which I have to complete.. after that, my addiction subsides and i switch over to another game. been doing this for +4000 hours now (since 2013). When the addiction is gone (slumbering) I still lurk the forums to get updates and look for inspiration for new missions to sink my teeth in. 

7 hours ago, xendelaar said:

I have, what i call, KSP relapses from time to time. During these periods, I'm totally hooked again on KSP and there is no room for other games. Most of the time I get a new idea which I have to complete.. after that, my addiction subsides and i switch over to another game. been doing this for +4000 hours now (since 2013). When the addiction is gone (slumbering) I still lurk the forums to get updates and look for inspiration for new missions to sink my teeth in. 

This, but with a seventh of the hours.

I used to play a lot of competitive games in my teens (counter strike, the call of duties and such) but once I found KSP a few years back, everything changed. I play a lot of simulator games now (X-Plane, DCS) but I always seem to come back to KSP for a while. It was the freedom of being able to play a game in its simplest form, or downloading a few mods and it turns into the Dark Souls version of KSP. Thats what I love.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.